How to Archive Gmail Emails to Hard Drive?
Summary: Do you have an ample number of emails in your Gmail account? Don’t worry. The best solution to archive Gmail emails to hard drive is available which will discuss in this blog post. How to backup Gmail emails to hard drive is a question that most Gmail users are unaware of. In this write-up, we will describe how you can archive Gmail messages to local drive.
Google Mail provides seamless benefits to its users for managing their emails, contacts, calendars, and other data. Google itself has a strong potential to manage all data but the fact won’t change that hackers are in search to grab your data for misusing it. In such a scenario, downloading Gmail emails to computer is the wisest decision. This could save you from facing issues like data loss which is a growing phenomenon these days.
Why Do Users Backup Gmail Emails to Hard Drive?
Although one can archive Gmail to hard disk using the in-built option provided by Google. However, there is a limitation with it as the Gmail service comes with a storage space of 15 Gigabytes. Once you will archive Gmail messages, one day the storage space of Gmail account will get oversized. Probably, then the services won’t run in a normal manner.
- Users want to save Gmail emails to avoid Gmail quota exceeded related errors.
- Some users don’t compromise with their crucial data so they prefer to backup Gmail emails to hard drive for security reasons.
- Gmail users want to archive Gmail emails to hard drive because they don’t want to see specific emails under the Inbox folder.
- Users want to download Gmail emails to external hard drive because later they can import archived emails into different email services.
Manual Ways to Backup Gmail Archive Emails
This is true that Gmail’s inbuilt archive feature is not much relevant. Using email archive option users can hide particular emails from specific folders. But archived emails use Gmail Quota space. When you archive an email, it merely takes it out of your Inbox. It will continue to be that way indefinitely, but the action can be reversed at any time.
Archive Gmail Emails One by One
- Step 1: Firstly, log in to your Gmail account.
- Step 2: Open a Gmail email that you want to archive.
- Step 3: After that, click on the Archive icon to backup Gmail emails to hard drive.
- Step 4: Conversation archived; you can Undo it.
Backup Gmail Emails to Hard Drive in Bulk
Easiest steps to backup archive Gmail emails to hard drive.
- Step 1: Log in to your Google Mail account.
- Step 2: Select the required emails from the Inbox folder.
- Step 3: Thereafter, press the Archive button to proceed.
- Step 4: See conversations archived successfully to backup Gmail emails to hard drive.
Where Does Gmail Put Archived Emails?
Gmail stores archived emails under the All Mail folder, hence you can follow the given steps to open the Gmail archive location.
- Launch Gmail on your computer and log in.
- Click on More from the left panel of Gmail.
- Select the All-Mail folder and preview archived emails.
How Do Backup Gmail from Google Archive?
If someone wants to retrieve emails back from Google archive then follow the given steps.
- Open the All Mail folder of your Gmail account.
- Click on the archived email that you want to retrieve back.
- Choose the Move to Inbox option as shown in the screenshot.
- Thereafter, you can see backup archived emails under the Inbox folder.
Limitations of Manual Method
- Actually, manual methods don’t allow backup Gmail emails to hard drive. Using these techniques, users can only archive Gmail emails from the Inbox folder to the All Mail folder.
- If you want to archive Gmail emails to hard drive to free some Gmail quota space. Then manual methods will not work because it only moves selected emails into the All Mail folder.
Expert Choice to Archive Gmail Emails to Hard Drive
It is highly recommended that you need to bulk archive Gmail emails in the secondary storage space. Well, you can efficiently backup Gmail folder by using BitRecover Gmail Backup Software. It is the best way to archive Gmail emails. You can download the software by hitting on the green button provided below. Now, let’s see how you can backup Gmail archive emails to hard drive.
How do Backup Gmail Messages to Hard Disk?
- First of all, start the above-mentioned software. Enter Google Mail Account credentials and press Login.
- Thereafter, you can see Gmail mailbox folders in the software GUI.
- Select the required folders as per your need and choice.
- This tool provides several advanced filters to archive Gmail data to external hard drive between dated, email address, and by subject.
- The software provides 30+ saving options, choose any.
- The tool automatically selects Desktop as the destination path. You can also connect the external hard drive to store output data.
- Thereafter, click on the Backup button for archiving Gmail to a hard disk. Please wait for the completion of the task.
- Lastly, after successfully downloading Gmail emails to an external hard drive, the software will automatically open the destination path. Now get archived data.
Please keep in mind that if you want to save Gmail emails to flash drive, you must first install this software. These options must be enabled in your Gmail account. IMAP should be enabled. Generate Google Apps Password
Prime Features of Software
If you want to pull more data in single processing, then an alternative method of archiving is the safest approach. The Gmail email archiving automated solution described in the upper section of the blog will archive all Gmail messages without hassle. Now, you must be wondering, why one should trust this utility for archiving emails from Gmail account. The reasons to choose this reliable solution have been discussed here.
- Complete backup of Gmail: This software permits to backup Gmail emails to hard drive comprising of all folders like inbox, sent items, personal folders, spam, etc.
- View archive Gmail in multiple formats: This tool offers multiple file-saving options such as PST, MSG, EML, EMLX, PDF, and MBOX for saving Gmail.
- Preserves internal folder hierarchy: It has been built in such a manner that retains all the email components throughout the archive process. It maintains subject, sender & receiver details, time, attachments, hyperlinks, font formatting, etc.
- Advanced filter option: The tool provides an advanced filter option for selective email backup. This helps to arrange and analyze the archived emails in a better way.
- Batch Save Gmail emails to computer: With this wizard, one can archive multiple emails in Gmail account to hard disk. This feature saves a lot of time and valuable effort of users.
- Export Gmail emails with attachments: The tool can archive all Gmail messages along with respective attachments to a hard disk.
- 100% accuracy and fastest conversion: This utility performs instant Gmail archiving with complete precision.
- Multiple file naming conventions: The tool offers 10 different file naming options that the user can utilize to arrange the data.
- Freedom to choose the destination path: The user can browse the desired saving path for storing the final archived emails.
- Demo version for the tool’s evaluation: This software comes with a demo edition to test its proficiency in the software. It permits to export first 25 emails from the Gmail folder to the supported file format. Once you are satisfied with it, you can activate the tool’s licensed version.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: I want to archive Gmail emails to hard drive so that I can access my old Gmail emails without internet connectivity. Is it possible with this software?
A: Yes, this software has been designed in such a manner that you can access all Gmail emails on hard drive.
Q 2: Where are archive emails in Gmail?
A: There is no separate archive label in the Gmail account. You can view archived emails in Gmail in the All Mail folder. Archiving will just remove the email from the Inbox.
Q 3: How to archive sent emails in Gmail account to hard drive?
A: Follow the above-mentioned steps to see archived emails in Gmail to hard disk.
Q 4: How to open archive Gmail messages on a computer using this software?
A: Once you have done the process to backup Gmail emails to hard drive using this tool, it will automatically open the folder containing the archived Gmail emails.
Q 5: Does the software allows to bulk archive Gmail emails? A: Yes of course! It permits to archive Gmail emails to hard drive without any file restrictions.
What Clients Say?
I recently closed down my Gmail account and created a new one. But there was a huge section of personal history in my old Gmail account. I needed to save it on my hard drive so that I could refer to them later also. Although there are plenty of options to archive Gmail to hard drive, those manual methods are problematic for huge data. After spending hours on the internet, I finally found this reliable application. It not only backup Gmail emails to hard drive but also archived attachments to my hard drive. Thanks a lot! – Marc, USA
I didn’t want to take a risk with my Google Gmail data as they are very crucial for me. So, I thought to archive all Gmail messages to hard disk. There were about 1000 Gmail messages that I wanted to archive on my computer. I wanted a quick solution to backup Gmail emails to hard drive. I used this software and I must say this tool works wonders to bulk archive Gmail emails on hard drive. Highly recommended tool! – Steven, California
In this write-up, we have described both the manual solutions as well as an automated methods to archive Gmail to hard drive. The manual solutions are quite long and tiresome too. Thus, it is best to work with an automated solution. The above-described method will help you to archive Gmail messages to hard disk. If you still have any queries regarding this, our technical support team is available for you to 24X7.