Know How to Import MSG Files into Outlook Quickly
Various working professionals and home users may face challenges when they wish to import MSG files into Outlook desktop clients. But after reading this blog post anyone can easily import .msg file into Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and old versions. This article describes the step-by-step process to resolve your problem using 3 different effective techniques.
As we all know, Microsoft Outlook uses a .msg file extension to store its single email, contact, and calendar. Users can easily export Outlook emails to MSG files using different ways i.e., Inbuilt Save As option or Drag & Drop. If you have MSG files and you want to access them in Outlook, then keep reading this blog post till the end.
Recommended: Best Way to Convert MSG Files to PDF Format
Learn Needfulness to Import MSG Files to Outlook
Importing MSG files into Outlook can be essential for various reasons, each contributing to better email management, organization, and accessibility. Here’s why the process of importing MSG files to Outlook is considered necessary:
- Centralized Email Management: Importing MSG files into Outlook centralizes your emails and related data, allowing you to access, search, and manage them within a unified interface.
- Data Consolidation: Importing .msg files in Outlook ensures that emails, attachments, and other information are organized and stored within your Outlook account. Hence, this is helpful in reducing the need to manage multiple *.msg files.
- Efficient Data Retrieval: Having all your emails within Outlook makes searching, retrieving, and referencing specific emails faster and more convenient. Thereafter, users can export complete outlook data in PST format.
- Unified Communication: The process to bulk import .msg files into Outlook brings your entire email history, including conversations and attachments, into one place. Hence, it is helpful for enabling seamless communication.
- Backup and Recovery: By importing MSG files to Outlook, you ensure that your email data is backed up within Outlook’s infrastructure, safeguarding against data loss. This is also beneficial because after completing the import process users can perform an Outlook recovery process to avoid data loss in the future.
Recommended: Learn 2 Best Methods to Convert MSG to HTML
#1 Method: Drag and Drop MSG Files to Outlook
- Start your Microsoft Outlook email client.
- Choose your configured email account and right-click on it.
- Select New Folder from the available options.
- Enter a name to the folder i.e., MSG Files.
- Click on the recently created MSG Files folder, and see this is empty currently.
- Go to where your MSG files are stored and select them.
- Drag and drop selected MSG files to the recently created folder.
- Now you can view MSG files in Outlook as the process is completed successfully.
#2 Method: Copy and Paste MSG Files to Outlook
- Launch your MS Outlook desktop client.
- Create a new folder in Outlook i.e., MSG Files.
- Select the MSG Files folder and see this is empty now.
- Click on the empty field that shows the message i.e., We didn’t find anything to show here.
- Go to where your MSG files are saved.
- Select the required MSG files and press CTRL + C to copy them.
- Press CTRL + V to paste MSG files to the newly created folder.
Benefits of Manual Techniques
- You can perform above mentioned techniques free of cost to import MSG files into Outlook.
- Above mentioned methods allow to import MSG contacts to Outlook without losing a bit of information.
- These techniques permit to bulk import .msg files into Outlook desktop clients without size limitation.
- Both methods preserve all email items, properties, attachments, and other data during the completion of this task.
Limitations of Manual Methods
- Latest Outlook users face compatibility and visibility issues if they import old MSG files to Outlook.
- Manual techniques do not seem effective if someone wishes to import a large number of files including folders.
- Non-technical users may face problems while performing the above-explained methods without expert guidance.
- Manual import lacks advanced filtering options that make it challenging to select and import specific emails based on criteria like date, sender, or subject.
- Your one wrong step may become the reason for data loss or duplicate MSG clutter by importing the same emails twice.
Read Similar: Simple Steps to Extract Attachments from MSG Files
#3 Method: Pro Way to Bulk Import .MSG Files into Outlook
BitRecover recommends using the best MSG to PST Converter Tool which is specifically developed to create PST file from MSG files. Thereafter, you can easily import the resultant PST to Outlook to avoid all limitations. This software comes with a 30-day free trial version that can import 25 MSG files. Hence, first download this software and check it’s working. After getting complete satisfaction you can upgrade it anytime to avoid all limitations.
How to Import MSG Files into Outlook?
- Run the software and choose one option from the Select Files or Select Folders for adding MSG files to the software.
- Select the required MSG files and folders in the software window and press the Next button.
- Use the advance filter options to bulk import .msg files into Outlook by date range, sender, receiver, subject, exclude folders, and other criteria.
- Choose PST as a saving option from the list of saving options.
- Browse the destination path to store resultant data.
- Click Convert to start the process of importing MSG files into Outlook.
- See the process to import MSG files to Outlook has been completed successfully.
- Thereafter, the software automatically opens the destination path and gets the resultant file.
- Lastly, open your Outlook client and import the resultant PST into Outlook.
Some Useful Features of Software
- This utility offers several advance filtration options to import MSG files into Outlook with specific criteria.
- It is suitable to import MSG files into Outlook 365, which is a cloud-based edition of Outlook.
- An excellent tool to import .msg files to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and previous editions.
- The tool is compatible with ANSI and Unicode MSG files so users don’t face compatibility and visibility issues.
- This software permits to convert .msg contacts to vCard and CSV formats which are standard formats for storing communication contacts.
- It can also extract email addresses from MSG files hence you can generate an email marketing list database.
This blog post explained the top 3 best techniques to import MSG files into Outlook. All mentioned methods are suitable for bulk import. However manual methods come with some limitations that are described above. Business professionals can use the suggested tool to get extra benefits. You can go with any solution according to your requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: How to import .msg file into Outlook contacts manually?
A: Just follow the below instructions:
- Open your MS Outlook and go to People.
- Choose a contact file from which you want to import contacts.
- Go to where your .msg contacts are located.
- Drag and drop contacts.msg files to Outlook contacts.
- Contacts successfully imported from .msg to Outlook contacts.
Q 2: Can I import .msg files into Outlook Mac using the above methods?
A: No, these steps are for Windows Outlook, but you can go to this solution to import MSG Files into Outlook Mac edition.
Q 3: Can I use above mentioned 3 techniques to import MSG contacts into Outlook?
A: Yes, all the above-mentioned approaches are authorized to import MSG contacts to the Outlook folder.