How to Save Outlook Emails to Hard Drive with Attachments ?
Summary: Do you have no idea how to save Outlook emails to a hard drive with attachments? If yes, then here is the complete and step-by-step guide to archive Outlook emails on a hard drive and computer with or without Outlook. We are going to use a manual and professional solution.
Saving multiple emails from Outlook to a hard drive is useful for creating backups. In addition, users often have to backup Outlook emails to local folders for professional reasons. You may also have different reasons to save Outlook emails to a hard drive with attachments.
There is something in particular about Microsoft Outlook: the need to unify everything and store it in one major PST document that no one but it can get to. There might be favorable circumstances to this way to deal with your email, contacts, errands, and schedule, yet you realize what can happen when you set up your resources in one place.
That is the reason it bodes well to move duplicates of your significant Outlook documents to folders that live external to the Office framework. Saving messages and other information to local storage is generally simple, regardless of whether you move them each in turn or bulk.
Reasons to Archive Outlook Emails to Hard Drive
Read the main reasons why users want to save Outlook emails to hard drive with attachments.
- Email Backup: The importance of the information document backup is beyond description. To save the Outlook database from any sort of information misfortune or information erasure, clients frequently need to save Outlook emails to hard drive.
- Information Sharing: Users who need sharing mass Outlook messages may simply have to back up the computer and afterward move to the recipient. To archive Microsoft Outlook emails on hard drive with attachments is the right choice.
- To Migrate Data: Users who are changing to another machine need to move their information from the old PC to a brand new one. These clients need to save multiple emails from Outlook to a hard drive for information transformation.
Manually Save Outlook Emails to Hard Drive with Attachments
Here we will show you 3 manual methods to archive Outlook emails to a hard drive with attachments. We will backup Outlook emails to an external hard drive in PDF, PST, and MSG file format. If you want to save standard and accessible file format, then you can easily save Outlook emails as PDF in Outlook. And if you are going to use the Outlook email client for a long time, then you can save the emails in PST and MSG format, which is only accessible with Outlook.
Method 1: Using Print Option in Outlook
- Open Outlook email client.
- And then, open the required emails and hit the “Print” icon.
- Now a new window will open select “Save as PDF” and hit the “Save” icon.
- Lastly, browse the saving option and press the “Open” icon.
Method 2: Export Outlook Emails to Hard Drive as PST & MSG File
To save Outlook emails to a hard drive as MSG, just open Outlook and drag and drop the required emails at the desktop/computer and it will be converted into MSG file format. Which contains only single email data. If you want to take a backup of complete Outlook emails to the external hard drive then save them as PST. The steps are mentioned below:
- In Outlook click on the “File” tab.
- And then, hit the “Open & Export” >> “Import/Export” icon.
- Now click on the “Export to a file” and choose the “Outlook Data File(.PST)” option for, the list.
- After that, select the required folder from Outlook that you want to save.
- Lastly, choose the needed location to save Outlook emails to hard drive with attachments.
Important Note: PST and MSG files only open with Outlook. There is no other application that supports files.
Drawbacks of Manual Methods
- If you save Outlook emails to a computer in PDF format, then users cannot archive multiple Outlook emails to the external hard drive. Also, PDF file export with email header data, which is not required for use mostly.
- Also, if your archive Outlook emails to a hard drive with attachments in PST and MSG format, then these files only open with an Outlook email client.
How to Save Outlook Emails to Hard Drive Automatically?
You can organize and safeguard your Outlook messages by preserving them forever on your machine. How is it achievable? Well, use automated software BitRecover PST File Converter. Whether you wish to save a single message or a bunch of Outlook messages to a local folder, this utility will fulfill all your needs. The primary advantage of the utilization of this tool is that everything can be saved from an Outlook account (emails, tasks, notes) with a single action.
Download the free trial version of the PST Converter tool. It allows users to load multiple PST files, and preview entire data items from the loaded PST file(s).
How Do I Archive My Outlook Emails to an External Hard Drive?
- Firstly, download and install the software on your Windows or Mac machine.
- Now, after launching the tool, you’ll see the starting screen carrying the instructions of the tool.
- Then, choose configured Outlook mailbox data or manually select Outlook files/ folders from the database.
- Thereafter, choose email folders that you wish to save from Outlook.
- The tool provides various saving options. Wisely choose a desired file saving type.
- Then, pick a required file naming option for saving the output.
- After this, enter a destination path where you wish to save Outlook emails on HDD. Hit on the Convert button to start the process.
- The process to save Outlook emails to a hard drive ends with a completion message.
What Do Our Users Say About Us?
Next Read: Best Way to Remove Duplicates from MSG Files