How to Import PST to Thunderbird Profile: Complete Guide
Summary: This article summarizes 2 best and simplest techniques to open PST file in Thunderbird without Outlook. The entire write-up elaborates on the reasons that led users to import PST to Thunderbird. If you are looking for the same, this blog is worth the read.
Sometimes, we have a PST file and want to open PST with Thunderbird email client, but don’t know how to do this. In this write-up, we will show you complete information on how to Open PST Files in Thunderbird.
Here, BitRecover explained the proper details on Thunderbird import PST files using the 2 best solutions i.e., Manual and Automated. However, the manual method comes with some limitations that we will discuss in an upcoming section. The automated tool is specially developed to resolve issues instantly.
User Query about Thunderbird Import PST
I have some important PST files with multiple attachments comprising crucial data. So, I want to open them in Thunderbird as it is a freeware application. I don’t even have Outlook configured on my system. Now, I want to know how I can import PST in Thunderbird. Please suggest a reliable solution so that I can access PST with Thunderbird with all attachments.
– Stanley, California
5 Brief Steps to Import PST File to Thunderbird
- Step 1: Configure the software and run it.
- Step 2: Add Outlook PST files to software.
- Step 3: Select PST folders and Next.
- Step 4: Choose Thunderbird as a saving.
- Step 5: Click Next to open PST to Thunderbird.
Motives to Import Outlook PST to Thunderbird
- Platform Switch: If you are transitioning from Microsoft Outlook to Mozilla Thunderbird, you’ll need to import your PST files to Thunderbird, ensure the continuity of your email data, and accessibility to including historical emails.
- Open-Source Advantage: Thunderbird is an open-source email client, which means it offers a cost-effective alternative to proprietary email clients like Outlook. Hence, the Thunderbird PST import process allows you to make the most of Thunderbird’s features without losing your existing data.
- Customization Options: Thunderbird provides a wide range of add-ons and extensions. Hence you can customize your email client to suit your specific needs. Importing PST files into Thunderbird allows you to leverage these customization options.
- Improved Performance: Thunderbird is known for its lightweight and efficient performance, even with large email databases. Importing PST to Thunderbird can result in a smoother and more responsive email experience.
Recommended: Tips to Import EML Files to Thunderbird
Manual Way to Open PST File in Thunderbird
Note That: We are not suggesting manual methods for any process. Yes, if you have limited data to import, then you can choose manual methods. But if you have large data in your PST file, then go for a professional solution. Also, make a copy of the PST file to recover from any data loss situation that might occur during the process.
If you have an orphan PST file, then you must first add the file into Outlook, and then start the process. Open Outlook and hit the File tab and choose the “Open & Export” >> “Import-Export” option. After that, choose “Import from Another Program or File” >> “Outlook Data File (.PST)” and then select the file to import.
- Firstly, set MS Outlook as the default program.
- Open the Thunderbird email client.
- Thereafter, hit the Menu icon and choose the Tools >> Import icon.
- Choose the Mail option and hit the Next button.
- After that, choose Outlook and click on Next.
- Lastly, browse the PST file and click the Finish icon to start the process.
Now you will get the complete data of the PST file in Thunderbird enabling you to easily open PST in Thunderbird.
Limitations of Manual Method
- Thunderbird and Outlook both email clients must be installed on your machine. Follow the whole process securely.
- You will need to downgrade your Thunderbird because the Thunderbird Import PST Wizard feature is disabled in Thunderbird 38.0 and the latest versions.
- The manual method doesn’t allow to importing of multiple PST in Thunderbird at once. You need to repeat the process again and again.
- The latest Thunderbird user receives a No Profile Found Error when trying to import Outlook PST to Thunderbird.
Recommended: Expert Method to Open MSG in Thunderbird
Expert Way to Import PST into Thunderbird
Though a manual way to open PST in Thunderbird is available, the user should always trust a reliable solution like Outlook PST Converter to secure their data in a better way. This software is well-programmed to open PST files in Thunderbird automatically. But, how? Let’s see how you can open PST with Thunderbird.
How to Open PST File in Thunderbird?
- Firstly, download the setup software and install it on your computer. Thereafter, run it properly to import the PST file in Thunderbird.
- Choose single or multiple PST files/ folders from the file storage location to start the processing to open the PST file in Thunderbird.
- Preview the complete data from the files loaded in the software panel. Select the required PST folders before proceeding with the Next step.
- Use advance filter options to import specific emails from PST to Thunderbird.
- Thereafter, pick Thunderbird as a saving format from the list of file-saving options provided by the software.
- The software automatically chooses the default destination path to save the resultant data.
- After that, press on the Next tab to open PST files in Thunderbird.
- Lastly, after completion, open your Thunderbird and see imported data.
Software Features and Benefits
- Open PST with Thunderbird with All Items: This software facilitates the opening of PST file in Thunderbird with all sorts of components. These items could be maintained attachments, subject, sender, and receiver details.
- Bulk Import PST to Thunderbird: With this wizard, the user can import PST files in Thunderbird in batch mode. So, our respective clients can save their crucial time.
- No Application Installation Required: To import PST in Mozilla Thunderbird, you don’t need to install MS Outlook on your Windows machine. In other words, this is a standalone tool.
- Access Corrupted PST Files Easily: This tool permits you to repair corrupted PST data into a healthy format after which you can open PST in Thunderbird with the correct data.
- No Need to Import: The tool automatically imports Outlook PST files to Thunderbird directly. Hence, there is no need to do any import/ export process.
- Multiple Saving: This utility is also capable to convert PST to EML, EMLX, MBOX, PDF, XPS, DOC, TXT, RTF, etc.
- Advance Filters: You can enable the required filter to import PST file in Thunderbird by date range, email address, subject, and folders.
The above blog explained two best techniques to stepwise open PST files in Thunderbird. Home users can go with the manual approach. Moreover, this tool has a demo version that you can utilize to evaluate the tool’s proficiency. This demo edition allows importing 25 items from each PST folder in a supportable format. After that, you can activate the licensed key of this product to access PST files in Thunderbird without any restrictions.
Recommended: Automated Way to Open OST File in Thunderbird
Repeatedly Asked Queries
Q 1: Can Thunderbird open PST files?
A: Yes, Thunderbird has an inbuilt option to import Outlook PST files. But your Thunderbird Import PST wizard facility is available in Thunderbird 31.8.0 or below versions.
Q 2: Can I downgrade Thunderbird email client to use the manual method?
A: Yes, you can download and setup the old Thunderbird version to downgrade it. Moreover, click here to download the Thunderbird 31.8.0 version.
Q 3: Do you know another different method to import PST to Thunderbird?
A: Yes, you can follow the below instructions: