How to Import MBOX Files to Thunderbird? Manually
(Oct 20, 2021)I have Mozilla Thunderbird running with the extension ImportExportToolsNG. When I navigate to Tools>> ImportExportTools >> Import MBOX file, then nothing happens!! I have some 200 Entourage MBOX files stored in a folder on an external disk but I am unable to find the pop-up screen that enables me to select the MBOX files. Here I am attaching the screenshot of the menu selection. What to do now?? How do I import MBOX to Thunderbird in bulk without affecting the data integrity?
Do you have MBOX files and intend to import MBOX files into Thunderbird email client? No need to hassle anymore. Here we will explain both manual and professional solutions to open MBOX files into Thunderbird application.
Mozilla Thunderbird is a freeware email client application presently popular among people due to its upgrading features and simple interface.
Different email applications like Apple Mail, Eudora, Entourage, Opera Mail, and Google Takeout supports MBOX format. So, maybe if you have MBOX files of such email applications and wish to import MBOX files to Thunderbird then, you need Mozilla Thunderbird Import Tool for such data import process.
Table of contents
1. What Logics are Possible to Import MBOX to Thunderbird?
2. How to Open MBOX File in Thunderbird?
3. Import MBOX File to Thunderbird using ImportExportTools Add-ons
4. Import MBOX to Mozilla Thunderbird using Automated Software
5. Top Benefits of Using this Software
6. Open MBOX with Thunderbird- Frequently Asked Queries
What Logics are Possible to Import MBOX to Thunderbird?
As such the reasons could vary, why the users want to open MBOX in Thunderbird. But the primary reason is to open the MBOX data file without its native email client.
If you are willing to open MBOX data without its parent email application, then you need an MBOX-compatible email client. Since Thunderbird runs on both Windows and Mac, many of you choose Thunderbird for opening MBOX files.
How to Open MBOX File in Thunderbird?
Now, coming to the solution to import MBOX files to Thunderbird, there are two different approaches to achieve this file migration:
- Using ImportExport Tools – free add on
- Using automated approach – recommended software
Import MBOX File to Thunderbird using ImportExportTools Add-ons
- First of all, install ImportExportTools Add-ons on your Thunderbird.
- Restart Mozilla Thunderbird and go to Menu bar << Tools option.
- Scroll down this option and select the ImportExportTools option.
- Thereafter, choose the Import MBOX file option to continue.
- Now select the MBOX file from your PC and complete the process.
- Restart Thunderbird for previewing the imported mailbox file.
Constraints of this Manual Process
While you try to import MBOX to Thunderbird Windows with this manual technique, you may suffer from the following issues:
- May get some missing email attachments of MBOX files.
- Get broken inline images present in MBOX data.
- You can get misplaced MBOX mailboxes.
- Erroneous header information.
Related blog post: How to Import EML to Thunderbird
Import MBOX to Mozilla Thunderbird using Automated Software
To escape the shortcomings of the above manual process, use the suggested toolkit. With the help of this software, you can open MBOX file in Thunderbird. All you need to do is to download and install the utility on the computer.
- Firstly, launch the recommended software and choose one option from Select Files or Select Folders for uploading .mbox files.
- You can preview all selected files in the software window, choose required files, and press the Next button.
- Thereafter, the tool will automatically choose the default destination path of the Thunderbird profile.
- After that, tap on the Next button to start importing .mbox files into Thunderbird profile.
- At last, after completion of the task, run your Thunderbird for previewing the imported emails.
Top Benefits of Using this Software
Although there any many advantages of this application, here we are discussing the top 3 features:
1. Compatible with MBOX files of many email clients: The MBOX files are created by several email applications. In order to import MBOX to Thunderbird, you can choose the files for many email applications. It supports importing Apple MBOX to Thunderbird, Gmail MBOX to Thunderbird, Eudora to Thunderbird, Entourage, Opera Mail, Alpine, Spicebird, Claws Mail, SeaMonkey, Netscape, Mail Copa, Evolution, Postbox, Earthlink, Pocomail, Google Takeout, Mulberry, KMail, Turnpike.
2. Windows OS-compatible: This software can be launched on all 32-bit and 64-bit Windows OS. Hence, you can run the tool on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003, etc.
3. Open File in Bulk: The software is skilled enough to import MBOX to Mozilla Thunderbird in bulk together with attachments. Also, not only the current MBOX emails, but the users can also import old emails to Thunderbird without any hitches. You can import .mbox data into the software panel with the dual options:
(i) Select files: Using this option, the tool makes a separate personal storage file for each MBOX file.
(ii) Select folder: With the folder mode option, one can import multiple MBOX files into a single file.
Open MBOX with Thunderbird- Frequently Asked Queries
How to open MBOX file in Thunderbird?
Follow the given instructions to import MBOX into Thunderbird automatically.
- Install & run Thunderbird Import Wizard.
- Add MBOX files to the software interface.
- Check required MBOX files and press Next.
- Automatically chooses default destination path.
- Tap on the Next button to start importing.
Can I import MBOX to Thunderbird without installing the MBOX supportable email client?
Yes, you can open MBOX emails to Thunderbird without any external installation.
Does the software allow bulk add MBOX files to Thunderbird at once?
Yes, in the preview panel of the software, you can choose some selective MBOX email files or folders for conversion.
Bringing All Together
Finally, the above blog describes a proper solution to import MBOX in Thunderbird. Hence, if you are willing to perform a bulk open MBOX file in Mozilla Thunderbird. Then, the above automated solution is best for you!
It provides 100% precise results and enables you to open MBOX file with Thunderbird without losing a single bit of information. For more doubts, feel free to get in touch with our technical support team.