How to Migrate Email from Office 365 to G Suite [Google Workspace]?
The decision to migrate Email from Office 365 to G Suite [Now Google Workspace] is a major step for any organization. It needs massive knowledge to migrate from Microsoft 365 to Google Workspace formerly known as G Suite including emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, and all. But, BitRecover makes it incredibly easy with its Office 365 to Google Workspace migration service.
Microsoft Office 365 is a trending cloud-based email platform, yet the key element while picking a set-up of useful productivity tools is how they fit into your organization’s frameworks and objectives. Microsoft O365 has set up a good foundation for itself as an innovator in the business, and numerous organizations have chosen this productivity suite to accomplish their work-related purposes.
When organizations started migrating to the cloud, Google Workspace emerged as a solid contender. Furthermore, its appealing cost-effective features and data security provisions have enforced numerous organizations to migrate email from Office 365 to G Suite user accounts.
In this blog, we will elaborate on the detailed method of what you need to do for switching from Microsoft 365 to Google Workspace (G Suite).
Reasons to Migrate Office 365 to Google Workspace
G Suite, with its rapid speed, is being utilized by 5 million organizations around the world. To capitalize on your G Suite reception, nonetheless, it is necessary to comprehend the reasons why users migrate email from Office 365 to G Suite. Some unique features of G Suite include:
- Platform Versatility and Portability: G Suite is much leaner than O365, and is worked for improved portability. It works on a browser and needs no installation. There is no trade-off in the client experience while getting to it from either a desktop or cell phone. Furthermore, it becomes easier to switch between individual and work accounts.
- Quicker speed for remote access: The other benefit of G Suite is its fast speed even with moderate connectivity. In other words, this feature is of great help to remote users.
- Best collaboration for distributed teams: G Suite sparkles with its simplicity and features built particularly with distributed teams in mind.
- Costing for enterprise plans: Compared to Microsoft 365 enterprise plans, Google Workspace plans are much more affordable and pocket friendly. Hence, many organizations want to migrate Office 365 emails to Google Workspace for reducing overall server costs per user.
- First choice for startups: Most startups prefer to choose Google Workspace for fulfilling their email requirements. Because Google Workspace works like Gmail and most users are aware of it. Hence, they can use Google Workspace without extra training and technical knowledge.
The future way of getting things done requires enhanced speed and hassle-free usage. That’s why millions of users have chosen G Suite as their productivity tool. So, if you have also taken the decision to migrate emails from Office 365 to G Suite, then it’s actually a smart step.
Method 1: Free Way to Migrate from O365 to G Suite Account
You can use DMS (Document Management System) for switching from Microsoft Office 365 to G Suite accounts for free. You will need to follow some steps for completing this task manually. However, before using DMS for Office 365 to G Suite migration, you will need to complete some prerequisites:
- Create Google Workspace user and admin accounts.
- Assign necessary roles to Office 365 accounts.
Phase 1: Assign Roles for M365 Accounts
- Log in to your Microsoft 365 Admin account.
- Open the O365 admin panel.
- Choose the Exchange option under Admin centers.
- Click Permissions from Exchange Admin Center (EAC).
- Under Admin roles click the + icon and enter the name of user. Thereafter, again hit on the + button and assign two roles for specific accounts i.e., ApplicationImpersonation and ViewOnly-Configuration.
- After that, select User roles option and click the + icon.
- Now add one account (admin and user) that will be used to connect with Office 365. Thereafter, wait for a minimum of 30 minutes for applying all effects.
Phase 2: Setup Google Workspace Admin Console
- Sign in to your Google Workspace admin account.
- Go to the Workspace admin console and choose Data Migration.
- Choose Email and enter the below-mentioned details.
Migration Source: Microsoft Office 365
Connection Protocol: Exchange Web Services
URL: O365 account’s web address
Role: Account Email Address and Password that used in prerequisite.
- After all, settings, press the Connect button.
- Set the migration start date and migration options according to your requirement and hit on the SELECT USERS option.
- Thereafter, choose source user accounts and destination user accounts for Microsoft 365 to Google Workspace migration.
- Lastly, press the Start button to initiate the migration process from Office 365 to G Suite accounts.
Drawback of Manual Method
The above-mentioned technique is a time-consuming and lengthy process to migrate email from Office 365 to G Suite. It even requires users to possess administrator-level knowledge about both email platforms, hence non-technical users may face problems while attempting this approach. Your one mistake may become the reason for crucial data loss. Thus, it is advisable to use it carefully for switching from Microsoft 365 to Google Workspace.
Method 2: Pro Office 365 to G Suite Migration Tool
Microsoft Office 365 Backup Software has the ability to streamline the complete Office 365 to G Suite migration task. All you need is to enter your current login credentials for O365 and Google Workspace accounts. The tool allows you to transfer from Office 365 to G suite without facing any data breach issues. One of the best things about this tool is that you can migrate emails from Office 365 to Google Workspace with the same folder hierarchy.
The Office 365 to Google Workspace migration tool is highly recommended software by IT experts. The software also has sophisticated and extraordinary features like provisions for bulk and selective migration. It also offers users a direct option to migrate email from Microsoft 365 to Google Workspace.
Pre-Planning Before Migrating from M365 to Google Workspace
- G Suite IMAP Settings should be enabled
- Create G Suite App Password
How to Migrate Office 365 to Google Workspace – Steps
- Run Office 365 to G Suite Migration Tool and choose the I am Admin option. Enter the O365 admin email address and press the Login button. The I am admin option allows migrating all Office 365 accounts into G Suite accounts at once. For single-user migration uncheck this option and continue.
- Securely Sign In to your Microsoft 365 cloud account using account login credentials.
- Now you can see all O365 user accounts associated with the admin account. Use the checkbox option for selecting the required user accounts. You can also upload a CSV file having account credentials.
- Thereafter the software will start adding Outlook 365 emails into the software panel.
- Select the required O365 folders to move them into Google Workspace.
- Choose G Suite as a saving option to continue.
- Check the Use Batch Mode option checkbox for the batch move from Office 365 to G Suite.
- After that, select G Suite user accounts or upload a CSV file having G Suite account credentials for batch migration.
- Check the Change Language option if you are using G Suite in a non-English language.
- Now, this is the time to set advance filters to migrate O365 to G Suite by date range, email addresses, and email subject.
- As we are going with a single-user account, fill the account credentials like Email Address and App Password.
- Click the Backup button to start Office 365 to Google Workspace migration process.
- The process to migrate email from Office 365 to G Suite is completed successfully. Click the OK button in the confirmation box that appears on the screen.
- Read and check the log report file that contains all the details about the migrated data.
- Lastly, sign in to your Google Workspace account to access your migrated data.
Extraordinary Features of Office 365 to G Suite Migration Tool
- It allows you to migrate Office 365 to Google Workspace including primary, shared, and in-place archive mailboxes.
- The tool is compatible to migrate emails from Office 365 to G Suite from all folders like inbox, sent items, drafts, etc.
- You can easily perform bulk Office 365 to G Suite migration with this software.
- It has the capability of moving emails from Office 365 to G Suite in a selective manner.
- The software retains the original folder hierarchy while switching from Office 365 to Google Workspace.
- It also retains all email elements like sender and recipient details, subject, attachments, images, etc.
- The licensed version of this application does not have any limitations to migrate Office 365 to Google Workspace.
- It provides a SavingLog.txt report displaying the conversion details like items converted, etc.
- This application gives the benefit of a free version for trial to migrate email from Office 365 to G Suite.
Which Microsoft 365 Data Can Be Migrated?
The suggested application is sufficient to transfer from Office 365 to G suite. It has the full potential to migrate the following email items:
- Outlook 365 Emails: You can migrate emails from Office 365 to Google Workspace including primary mailbox, shared mailbox, and In-Place Archive mailbox.
- O365 Contact Entries: It can easily move all contacts stored in O365 Outlook People with every single detail.
- M365 Calendars: Use this software to migrate all O365 calendar meetings, events, appointments, etc.
- O365 Tasks: You can transfer all the tasks available in Microsoft To-Do (O365).
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques 1: Can I batch migrate emails from Office 365 to G Suite account?
Ans: Yes, the software allows you to batch migrate Office 365 to G Suite services.
Ques 2: What are the trial version’s limitations of the Office 365 to G Suite migration tool?
Ans: The software’s trial version permits you to move only the top 25 items from Office 365 to G Suite.
Ques 3: Does this software work with the latest Windows 11?
Ans: Yes, the Office 365 to G Suite migration software works with all Windows OS like Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, and other previous versions.
In this blog, we have explained both freeware and professional methods to migrate email from Office 365 to G Suite. The manual method comes with some limitations but you can hire an expert to migrate Office 365 to Google Workspace. You can also use this automated Office 365 to Google Workspace Migration tool if you are willing to switch the email platform. Launch the BitRecover software and have a new happy life with G Suite!