How to Transfer Lotus Notes Email to Gmail?
User’s query – I am currently using the HCL Notes email client. Now I am looking for a professional method to import NSF to Gmail account. I have few old Lotus Notes *.nsf files on my hard drive. But I don’t want to import them in HCL Notes because it is a new account and I want to keep it safe from old emails. Please suggest me a professional technique to migrate Lotus Notes email to Gmail.
Table of Content
- Introduction to HCL Notes and Gmail.
- Why do users migrate Lotus Notes to Gmail?
- One stop solution to import NSF to Gmail account.
- How to forward Lotus Notes to Gmail?
- Features of Lotus Notes to Gmail migration tool.
- Frequently asked questions.
- Final words.
Introduction to HCL Lotus Notes and Gmail
HCL Notes is an email client which comes with the facility to connect with HCL Domino Server. A lot of professional users prefer to use HCL Notes as email client because it comes with latest and advanced security features, HCL Lotus Notes gives facility to send and receive emails as well as contacts management, team rooms, calendar, to-do list, microblogging, instant messaging, etc.
Gmail is a free and advertising-based email service by Google, it comes with an advanced search facility. Basically, it is known as a cloud-based email service but users can save its data to the local computer by configuring Gmail account with various types of email clients like MS Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Mac Mail, Netscape, SeaMonkey, IncrediMail, Eudora Mail, Opera Mail, etc.
Why Do Users Migrate Lotus Notes Email to Gmail?
Some possible reasons for Lotus Notes to Gmail migration, reasons may be different according to user’s situations.
- HCL Notes is specially designed for corporate and business users while Gmail is a well suitable email service for home users so some business users want to forward their emails from Lotus Notes to Gmail account for accessing their business emails on Gmail account.
- HCL Lotus Notes required much technical knowledge for accessing the HCL Lotus Notes while Gmail comes with simple to use graphical users interface so some users want to migrate Lotus Notes email to Gmail account.
- Suppose a user has old NSF (HCL Notes) file but Lotus Notes is not installed in the computer in this situation he can import .nsf file to Gmail account. After migrating NSF to Gmail users can view NSF file mailboxes into Gmail.
- If HCL Lotus Notes has been corrupted and stopped working in these types of situations, users can go to the default HCL Notes data storage location and get NSF files to import them into Gmail account.
One-Stop Solution to Import NSF to Gmail Account
Just download NSF Converter to import Lotus Notes to Gmail account as it is known as the one-stop solution. After downloading and installation, run this software and import NSF to Gmail directly. After that users can easily perform Lotus Notes to Gmail migration process within few simple steps.
- Firstly, launch Lotus Notes to Gmail Migration Tool and choose one option from Add Files or Add Folders.
- Choose a folder having multiple *.nsf files and press Ok button to upload them into software panel.
- Now you can preview emails, contacts, calendars from NSF files in the software interface together with complete information.
- Select required email folders and click on the Convert button.
- Thereafter, choose Gmail from the list of saving options as you can see in the respective screenshot.
- Enter Gmail account credentials in the specific fields and press Next button to start.
- The process to import NSF to Gmail is running, kindly wait for a while.
- Lastly, after completion of the task, login to your Google Mail account and preview imported data. In this way, all professional and home users can easily forward mail from Lotus Notes to Gmail.
Features of Lotus Notes to Gmail Migration Tool
- This NSF to Gmail converter permits to convert NSF to Gmail in bulk.
- The tool is well suitable to transfer Lotus Notes contacts to Gmail.
- This application permits to import Lotus Notes calendar to Gmail too.
- It is a well suitable tool to migrate Lotus Notes NSF to Gmail with attachments.
- The tool preserves data integrity while HCL Notes to Gmail migration.
Frequently Asked Questions
Que 1 – Can I import Lotus Notes contacts to Gmail using this NSF to Gmail converter?
Ans – Yes, it has a separate option to import Lotus Notes contacts to Gmail account. This NSF to Gmail converter gives permission to save contacts in the vCard format which can be imported to Gmail account.
Que 2 – How can I import Lotus Notes calendar to Gmail?
Ans – Lotus Notes to Gmail migration tool has a separate option to import Lotus Notes calendar to Gmail account. The tool allows saving calendar into ICS format which can be imported to Google Mail account.
Que 3 – Does this software maintain email attachments while import .nsf file to Gmail?
Ans – Yes, Lotus Notes to Gmail migration tool maintains all attachments while import .nsf file to Gmail.
Que 4 – How to forward Lotus Notes to Gmail in bulk?
Ans – This application allows to choose the whole folder having multiple NSF files so users can easily import various NSF files to Gmail at once.
A lot of users are contacting to our support team for solving queries like “how to forward Lotus Notes to Gmail, how to convert NSF to Gmail, how to transfer Lotus Notes contacts to Gmail” then we have decided to publish a complete write-up for solving these types of queries. After reading this blog post anyone can easily import NSF to Gmail account including emails, contacts, calendar, attachments, and other components. The tool comes with free demo edition which gives facility to migrate few emails from HCL Notes to Gmail so that users can evaluate this utility before investing money. After getting satisfaction with the trial version, users can purchase its license keys at a pocket-friendly price.
Similar blog posts