How to Export Gmail Emails to EML File Format ?
Most email clients you use include an export feature so that you can convert your Google Mail to a format that other applications also support. But, this process is very tedious and requires immense effort. Similarly, many people get confused while export Gmail emails to EML files.
As we all know Gmail is a popular free email client. One user has three to four IDs for business and personal use. But for some reason, many users export a few emails to other platforms. This blog post will show you how to convert emails from Gmail to EML format in the simplest way possible. So, that you can save Gmail emails to thumb drive as EML format.
Popular desktop-based email clients like Outlook and Thunderbird support the export feature, so you can save email messages and tag attachments to your computer.
However, the Gmail webmail service offered by Google does not support such an export feature. But, that doesn’t mean you can’t save the message in other email clients.
Fortunately, there is an automated solution that will enable you to download Gmail emails for offline viewing. To do so, the user must save the email message in the EML file format (e-mail message files).
Know More about EML Format
EML files are simply email attachments. To open them, use an email program like Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, or Thunderbird. For most new versions of these programs, EML files should be automatically registered so that double-clicking the file opens it. These EML files enable you to save email messages, attachments, email addresses, and header information on your computer.
Manual Method to Save Gmail Messages as EML Files
There is only one manual way to download Gmail emails to EML format. However, before going to this method, please first read its limitations.
- Login to your Gmail account in your web browser.
- Now, open the email message that you want to save in the EML file format.
- Click on the 3 dots option located at the right corner of the window and scroll down the mouse towards the Download Message.
Your message has been downloaded in .eml format. Double click on the email message and it will automatically open in one of the supported email clients, which must be installed on your desktop.
Drawbacks of Manual Solution
- To export Gmail to EML files, the user has to repeatedly select the desired email file. There is no bulk export option. Hence, the user cannot convert Gmail to EML in batch, which becomes a lengthy conversion process.
- It does not allow export of other data items such as contacts, calendars, and attachments.
- Also, users need some technical knowledge to work with this manual method.
- An EML-supported email client must be installed on your computer.
- After the conversion process, you may not see the embedded attachments.
Easiest Way to Export Gmail Emails to EML
We mention the manual method and its limitations. So, to overcome the limitations, we recommend BitRecover Gmail backup software. This is an ideal solution. By using this approach, you can easily export Gmail emails to EML files. This multifunctional utility gives users the ability to convert multiple emails from Gmail to PDF, EML and many more formats. There are many benefits associated with this software, which we will discuss in the next section of the blog. Let us first see the working steps to save email as EML in Gmail.
How to Save Gmail messages as EML files?
Follow these steps to export Gmail to EML file format:
- Run the BitRecover Gmail to EML Import tool.
- Enter your Gmail account information.
- Select the Saving option as an EML option.
- Enter the file name and a destination path for saving the final data.
- Press Backup to convert Gmail to EML.
Learn How to Export Gmail to EML File With Attachment?
This whole process of exporting Gmail email to EML files is very easy with this software. You can simply download the tool and run it properly on any Windows or Mac OS compatible machine.
- Firstly, enter the email account credentials of your Gmail account, such as email ID and password. Hit on the Login tab at the bottom of the GUI.
(Keep in mind that your regular password will not work. You will need to create a Google App Password that is 16 digits long. If you don’t know how to create it, then read the Gmail to Office 365 migration tool blog, which provides you with every step to generate a Google app password.)
Note: Enable the checkbox Use Batch Mode for batch multiple email account export.
- With this, the tool will automatically fetch all folders from the Gmail account. You can check or uncheck the desired email folders for selective conversion.
- Now, go to the Select Saving Option list and choose EML as a saving option from these multiple options.
- Then, you can opt for a required file naming option from the 10 file naming conventions provided in the software.
- Thereafter, save the output data at the desired destination path. The user can alter the location by clicking on the Change tab.
- Also, enable the Use Advance settings for selective backup option if you want to convert Gmail to EML in a selective manner.
- Finally, scroll the mouse down towards the Backup tab, and that’s it! This ends up the process of exporting Gmail messages to EML files. The export process starts here and it will end here in some time.
- Now, once the conversion is done, you can see the output at the chosen file location containing your Gmail to EML converted files.
A Peculiar Feature of Gmail to EML Export Tool
- This powerful utility is a complication of useful features that makes the Gmail to EML Conversion an achievable task. There are so many prime advantages of this application. Some of them are listed below:
- With this utility, you can export all your Gmail account emails to EML format at once by using the batch mode option.
- The software provides an Advanced Filter option. It gives the facility to achieve selective conversion of emails from the Gmail account to EML format. The user can manually change filters like Date Range, From, To, Subject, etc.
- It converts not only emails but their corresponding attachments too. Using this tool, you can save Gmail as EML file with attachments.
- The tool has been designed with powerful algorithms so, the software never saves your Gmail account credentials. All the user’s data remains secure throughout the processing of export Gmail email to EML.
- This application provides almost 10 different file naming conventions. The user can choose a file name and organise the data that is exported from Gmail to EML as needed.
- It supports all Windows OS for conversion. The tool is compatible with Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2022, Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008, etc.
- This tool comes with a user-friendly and interactive interface so that users never face any hassle exporting Gmail emails to EML files.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques1: Can I selectively choose emails to convert from Gmail account to EML files?
Ans: Yes, in the preview panel of the window, you can select the desired email files and folders to perform the conversion of Gmail to EML.
Ques2: Does this software export all folders from a Gmail account to EML?
Ans: Yes, the tool will export the inbox, sent items, personal folders, attachments, and and all folders from the Gmail account.
Ques3: Can I test the tool before purchasing it?
Ans: Yes, you can download the demo version of the tool which permits you to convert the first 25 items from each folder to a selected file format.
Ques4: Do I need internet connectivity while saving the email in Google Mail to EML files?
Ans: No, it is offline software. You can export Gmail to EML irrespective of whether you have Gmail connectivity or not.
Hi, exporting emails from Gmail to EML files seems impossible as I am from a non-technical background. However, using BitRecover Gmail to EML conversion software, I can now freely save Gmail emails to single files without any technical assistance.
I wanted to convert some selective Gmail messages to EML format. Using the advanced filter option of BitRecover Gmail to EML software, I was able to do this task too. I selected my emails with the date range option, chose them easily, and thereafter, converted Gmail to EML in a few seconds.
I would like to recommend this software to individuals who are looking to batch export Gmail to EML. With this tool, I exported almost hundreds of messages from my Gmail account to single files. Thank you, BitRecover team!
Summing Up Together
In this blog, we have explained how to export Gmail to EML files. The complete conversion from Google Gmail to EML format becomes so easy with the simplest approach. And, the above-defined solution will definitely let you save Gmail as EML file on your PC in a few mouse clicks. If there are any technical issues or queries related to this conversion, contact our technical support team.