How to Backup Office 365 to Local Storage?
Due to some professional purpose, I need to backup Office 365 to local storage. I tried 2-3 products for the same but, nothing worked. With lots of hope, I am posting the problem on my social media account page. I assume that one of my friends will definitely suggest the best solution. Please inbox me the same ASAP. Thanks in advance!”
Business Professionals, Corporates, and Enterprises consider getting Office 365 backup to local storage as a means of data security. It enables Microsoft customers to protect vital information by downloading and saving it at a secondary location. The idea to backup Office 365 to local storage comes with lots of reasons. Therefore, it is important to be known the best approach to backup Office 365 to local computer storage.
How to Take Office 365 Backup to Local Storage?
This method comprises a solution named Office 365 Backup Software. It is a dedicated program that enables users to save Outlook 365 data to local storage in a trouble-free manner. There is no requirement for any high technical server configurations for backing up an email from the O365 tenant to local storage. The major point to prefer this solution is that ‘it is a direct solution – none of the intermediate apps are needed to store O365 emails in local storage.
- Start the mentioned software and enter your Office 365 email id and press Login. If you are login with an admin account then check the “I am Admin” option.
- Thereafter, Microsoft’s authenticated login window will be open to login. Enter Microsoft 365 account credentials and Sign In to your account.
- Now, you can see all Office 365 items in the software panel. Select the required O365 folders from the whole data.
- After that, choose a saving option according to your choice and need such as PST, MSG, EML, EMLX, MBOX, OLM, PDF, DOC, RTF, etc.
- The tool also provides various email filter options to backup Microsoft 365 to local storage between a specific date range, by specific email address, and by specific email subject.
- Now set the destination path to store the resultant data locally. However, this application automatically chooses the desktop as the default destination path.
- Click on the Backup button to start the process of Office 365 backup to local storage.
- Thereafter, Outlook 365 to local storage backup process has been completed successfully. You can see the flash message of completion.
- This utility automatically creates a log report file i.e., SavingLog.txt which has information about the exported backup.
- Lastly, the software will automatically open the local storage path. Now, get the resultant data into the selected file extension.
How Backup Microsoft 365 to Local Storage via eDiscovery?
- Login to your Microsoft 365 admin account and choose the Admin option.
- Choose Security & Compliance option from Exchange Admin Centers (EAC).
- Click on Permissions and assign the eDiscovery Manager role to the specific user account.
- Users can easily assign required permissions and roles by clicking on the Edit icon.
- Click on More Resources to open the Microsoft purview compliance portal. Choose Content Search >> New Search option.
- Thereafter, a new wizard will be opened, now enter the search name and description. The locations option allows specifying Office 365 data that users want to store on local drives.
- The Conditions option permits to set of multiple filter options as shown in the respective screenshot. After choosing a filter, hit on Submit to continue and press Done for closing the current window.
- The search process is running in the background, you can see the search status by clicking on the Search button.
- After that, hit on Actions and then click on the Export results option.
- Under Export, results choose Output options accordingly.
- Hit on the Export button to search again for seeing about the status is completed or not completed.
- Now copy Unique Export Key by clicking on the Copy to clipboard. Thereafter, press the Download Results button.
- Lastly, eDiscovery Export Tool will be open, now paste Unique Export Key in a specific field. Browse local storage as the destination path. Click on the Start button to start the process to export Office 365 mailbox to PST. After completion of the task. Get resultant data in PST file extension.
Why Software Is More Suitable?
- There are several aspects due to which the automated solution is more suitable than the manual one. We would explain this point by drawing a differentiation table between both the solutions to backup Office 365 to local storage.
- The software does not demand any administrator permissions to save Office 365 emails to local storage. While the eDiscovery method demands many administrator permissions to get O365 data to local drive.
- Its interface is so simple that it enables a novice user to backup Office 365 items without any hurdle. While different technicalities need to be known while executing the manual methods for downloading Office 365 emails to local storage.
- There are no chances of a data breach while using this solution to save Office 365 into local storage drive. If a single thing goes wrong, an attacker will get a full chance to harm your Office 365 data.
- This solution provides more than 30 file formats to archive data locally. While using eDiscovery allows you to get Office 365 backup to local storage in PST format.
If you are a little bit confused, remove your confusion by testing the trial edition of the above-mentioned tool. It is available on the official website for those who wish to backup Office 365 to local storage via this approach. You can download its setup file on Windows and Mac OS for free and examine each & every feature. The only limitation of this approach is that it allows the backup of only 25 emails from each selected folder. This can simply be removed by upgrading this best utility from the free version to the PRO version.