How to Download Office 365 Emails for Offline Use – Top 3 Methods
Billions of companies are using Microsoft 365 to get cloud benefits, and many administrators want to download Office 365 emails locally for offline use. Sometimes the process to download all Office 365 emails becomes an urgent task for working professionals. After that, they start searching the below queries on search engine programs.
- How to download all Office 365 emails offline?
- Can I download Microsoft 365 primary and shared e-mails?
- How to download Office 365 in-place archive emails on a desktop?
Hence, if you are facing any difficulties during downloading emails from Office 365 webmail account. Then, you have landed on the correct webpage as here, we are discussing multiple manual and one enterprise-level solution for resolving the queries.
Why Do Users Download Emails from Outlook 365?
- Users consider to download all office 365 data as a server copy to avoid data loss scenarios.
- Sometimes clients want to share copies of some M365 emails with other users locally using messenger programs.
- Many times, users want to print Office 365 emails for professionals’ needs after convert Office 365 emails to PDF.
- Non-technical users don’t know where O365 stores their data hence they want to store crucial data on their own computers.
Techniques to Download All O365 Emails
- Pro Software to Download Office 365 Data
- Configure M365 Email ID with Desktop Outlook
- Manual Download Office 365 Email One by One
There are various free and pro approaches available to download emails from office 365 user and admin accounts. As we have suggested, now this is the time to know all methods in brief with full details. Let’s start now!
[Method 1] Pro Software to Download Microsoft 365 Emails
Download Microsoft 365 Backup Software on your Windows and Mac Computer and install it. The tool is compatible with all latest and previous Windows OS (Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 & Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016, 2012 R2, 2008, etc.) and Mac OS (Ventura, Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, etc.). Even it is obtainable free of cost for evaluation purposes. The tool is effective to download all Office 365 data together with emails, contacts, and calendars from Office 365 Primary, Shared, and In-Place Archive emails.
How to Download Office 365 Emails – Step by Steps
- Start the suggested software, fill O365 account credentials, and press Login.
- Thereafter, the software will start uploading all Office 365 folders in the software UI.
- Now choose the required or necessary Office 365 folders under the software interface.
- Pick a saving option according to your importance from *.pst, *.msg, *.eml, *.emlx, *.mbox, *.olm, *.nsf, *.pdf, *.doc, *.html, *.rtf, etc.
- After that, set advance filter options for downloading emails from Office 365 webmail between dates. You can also use other filter options if needed.
- Either confirm the desktop as the destination path, otherwise press the Change button to browse a specific location.
- Now press Backup to begin the process to download Microsoft 365 emails.
- Office 365 emails were downloaded successfully, see the message of completion.
- Lastly, it opens the destination folder, hence you can easily get the resultant data in the preferred file extension.
Why Prefer Automated Software
- 100% safe, and guaranteed solution to download Office 365 data including emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, and all.
- Download emails from Outlook 365 admin and user accounts including entire email properties and attachments.
- The best approach to download M365 primary, shared, and in-place archive e-mails.
- The tool maintains the actual folder and subfolders hierarchy during the completion of the task.
- This approach permits to download Outlook 365 emails into several email and document formats.
[Method 2] Configure M365 Email ID with Desktop Outlook
You can download emails from Office 365 webmail by configuring the O365 email id on desktop outlook. You will need to complete 2 different phases for completing this task hassle-free.
1st Phase: Configure Office 365 Account
- Run Outlook desktop email client.
- Choose File >> Add Account option.
- Fill M365 email address and choose advanced options.
- Check the set up my account manually option and press Connect.
- Thereafter, choose the account type as POP3.
- Fill O365 POP settings in specific fields.
- Enter your account password and press Connect.
Note That: Now you need to wait for a few hours or days because after successfully configuring the O365 account with Outlook. All emails available on the server will be downloaded locally for offline use at the default destination path.
2nd Phase: Export Data Locally
- Open MS Outlook desktop edition and choose the File option.
- Choose the Import/Export option under the Open & Export feature.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and hit on Next.
- Use the checkbox for selecting required folders and press Next.
- Set the destination path, enter the name of the file, and click on Finish.
- Lastly, get downloaded data from a selected location.
2nd Phase: Drag & Drop Email Messages (Alternative)
Note That: If you go with the drag and drop approach then it allows downloading Office 365 emails to MSG format.
- Create a folder on the desktop to store dragged emails.
- Open desktop Outlook and choose any email folder.
- Select all emails from a specific folder.
- Drag and drop selected emails under the newly created folder.
- Office 365 emails will download to MSG files.
For using this technique then these are some conditions with limitations.
- Desktop Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007 should be installed on your pc.
- This method allows to export Microsoft 365 mailbox to PST file extension only.
- Users should have basic knowledge of profile configuration and Outlook’s Import/Export Tool.
- There is no guarantee for losing and tampering with the crucial data that will be downloaded from the O365 account.
[Method 3] Manual Download Office 365 Email One by One
1st Trick: EML Saving Option
- Login to your Microsoft 365 user or admin account.
- Choose Outlook 365 from the listed apps and open an email.
- Click on the three-dot icon and choose Download from the drop-down.
- Your email will be downloaded into EML file under the Download folder.
- Repeat the same process again for downloading next email from Outlook 365.
2nd Trick: PDF Saving Option
- Sign In to your Office 365 using User and Admin credentials.
- Select Outlook 365 under Office 365 and open any choice email.
- Choose a three-dot icon and select the Print option from the drop drown.
- Thereafter, again click on the Print button from the Next window.
- Choose Save as PDF from the Destination option.
- Click on Save and browse the destination path to store email.
- Now click on Save to successfully download M365 email.
- Repeat the same mentioned steps again for another email.
Keep in Mind: This is an easy approach to download Office 365 emails one by one for free. Hence, this is not useful for those who want to download Microsoft 365 Emails in bulk.
Here, we have discussed and explained the top 3 approaches to download Office 365 emails to desktop. Users can pick any solution according to their convenience. However, the manual method comes with some limitations but these are available for free. While after getting a professional solution, users can instantly download emails from Office 365 webmail without limitations.