How to Download Office 365 Emails for Offline Use – Top 3 Methods
Nowadays, billions of companies are using Microsoft 365 to get cloud benefits, and many administrators want to download Office 365 emails locally for offline use. Sometimes the process to download all Office 365 emails becomes an urgent task for working professionals. After that, they start searching the Internet and post the following queries on various search engine programs.
- How to download all Office 365 emails offline?
- Can I download Microsoft 365 primary and shared e-mails?
- How to download Office 365 in-place archive emails on a desktop?
Hence, if you are also facing any difficulties while downloading emails from Outlook 365 webmail account, then, you have landed on the correct Web page as here, we will be discussing multiple manual solutions and one enterprise-level solution for resolving the queries.
Why Do Users Download Emails from Outlook 365?
- Users often consider to download all Office 365 data as a server copy to avoid data loss scenarios.
- Sometimes clients want to share the copies of some Microsoft 365 emails with other users locally using messenger programs.
- Many times, users want to print Office 365 emails for professional needs after converting Office 365 emails to PDF.
- Non-technical users usually do not know where O365 stores their data hence they want to store their crucial data on their own computers.
Techniques to Download All O365 Emails
- Pro Software to Download Office 365 Data
- Configure M365 Email ID with Desktop Outlook
- Manual Download Office 365 Email One by One
There are various free and professional approaches available to download emails from Office 365 user and admin accounts. As we have suggested, now this is the time to know all methods in brief with full details. Let’s start now!
[Method 1] Pro Software to Download Microsoft 365 Emails
Download Microsoft 365 Backup Software on your Windows and Mac Computer and install it. The tool is compatible with all latest and previous Windows OS (Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 & Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016, 2012 R2, 2008, etc.) and Mac OS (Ventura, Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, etc.). It can even be obtained free of cost for evaluation purposes. The tool is effective to download all Office 365 data together with emails, contacts, and calendars from Office 365 Primary, Shared, and In-Place Archive emails.
How to Download Office 365 Emails – Step by Step Procedure
- Start the suggested software, fill O365 account credentials, and press the Login button.
- Thereafter, the software will start adding all Microsoft 365 folders in the software UI.
- Now choose the required or necessary Microsoft 365 folders under the software interface.
- Choose the desired saving format from the Select Saving Option drop-down list. In this case, we have selected the PST option.
- After that, set the Advance Filter options for downloading emails from Office 365 webmail. Here, we have mentioned the Date Range from which we need to migrate emails. You can also use other filter options if needed.
- Either confirm the desktop as the destination path; otherwise, press the Change button to browse the specific location where you would like your resultant output data to be saved.
- Now press the Backup button to begin the process of downloading Microsoft 365 emails.
- A message box appears on the successful completion of the process. Click the OK button
- At last, the tool automatically opens the destination path where your resultant files are saved. Here, you can check that your Office 365 emails have been successfully downloaded as the PST file.
Why to Choose Automated Software
- It is a 100% safe and guaranteed solution to download Office 365 data including emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, and all.
- The tool allows you to download emails from Outlook 365 admin and user accounts including entire email properties and attachments.
- It is the best approach to download M365 primary, shared, and in-place archive e-mails.
- The tool maintains the actual folder and subfolders hierarchy during the completion of the task.
- This approach permits you to download Outlook 365 emails into several email and document formats.
[Method 2] Configure M365 Email ID with Desktop Outlook
You can download all Outlook 365 emails by configuring the Microsoft 365 email id on desktop outlook. You will need to perform steps in 2 phases for completing this task.
1st Phase: Configure Office 365 Account
- Run Outlook desktop email client.
- Choose File >> Add Account option.
- Fill Microsoft 365 email address and choose advanced options.
- Check the set up my account manually option and press the Connect button.
- Thereafter, choose the account type as POP3.
- Fill Office 365 POP settings in specific fields.
- Enter your account password and press the Connect button.
Note: Now you might have to wait for a few hours or even days because after successfully configuring the O365 account with Outlook, it takes some time for all the emails available on the server to be downloaded locally for offline use at the default destination path.
2nd Phase: Export Data Locally
- Open MS Outlook desktop edition and choose the File option.
- Choose the Import/Export option under the Open & Export feature.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and hit on the Next button.
- Use the checkbox for selecting required folders and press the Next button.
- Set the destination path, enter the name of the file, and click the Finish button.
- Lastly, get the downloaded data from the selected location.
2nd Phase: Drag & Drop Email Messages (Alternative)
Note: If you go with the drag and drop approach then it will allow you to download Office 365 emails to the MSG format.
- Create a folder on the desktop to store the dragged emails.
- Open desktop Outlook and choose any email folder.
- Select all emails from a specific folder.
- Drag and drop the selected emails under the newly created folder.
- Office 365 emails will be downloaded and saved as MSG files.
There are certain conditions and limitations in using this technique:
- Desktop Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007 should be installed on your computer.
- This method allows you to export Office 365 mailbox to PST file extension only.
- Users should have basic knowledge of profile configuration and Outlook’s Import/Export Tool.
- This technique does not offer any guarantee for data security. There is always the risk of data loss or corruption involved in carrying out such manual solutions
[Method 3] Manual Download Office 365 Email One by One
1st Trick: EML Saving Option
- Login to your Microsoft 365 user or admin account.
- Choose Outlook 365 from the listed apps and open an email.
- Click on the three-dot icon and choose Download from the drop-down list.
- Your email will be downloaded into the EML file under the Download folder.
- Repeat the same process again for downloading the next email from Outlook 365.
2nd Trick: PDF Saving Option
- Sign In to your Office 365 using User and Admin credentials.
- Select Outlook 365 under Office 365 and open any choice email.
- Choose a three-dot icon and select the Print option from the drop drown.
- Thereafter, again click on the Print button from the Next window.
- Choose Save as PDF from the Destination option.
- Click on Save and browse the destination path to store email.
- Now click on Save to successfully download Outlook 365 emails.
- Repeat the same mentioned steps again for another email.
Keep in Mind: This is an easy approach to download Office 365 emails one by one for free. Hence, this is not useful for those who want to download Microsoft 365 Emails in bulk.
In this blog, we have discussed and explained the top 3 approaches to download Office 365 emails to your local computer. Users can pick any solution according to their convenience. The manual methods though free come with their own set of risks and limitations. As a lot of important and crucial information is stored in our emails, experts always recommend to opt for a professional solution to download emails from Office 365 webmail. The suggested solution offers quick and reliable results without any limitations. It also allows you to download emails in bulk and also preserves complete data integrity.
The demo version of the tool is available for you to test its features before deciding to go for the complete professional edition. For any queries, contact our technical support team.