How to Import PST to Windows 10 Mail App?
Here we will discuss how you can import PST file into Windows 10 Mail app in easy steps. Keep reading this post to understand it better.
I installed Windows 10 on my new Dell laptop. While exploring Windows 10, I found Windows 10 Mail App as free default email application, which comes bundled with Windows 10 itself. I found it new to be explored. Then, me and my friend started working over it.
While researching, we found that we can easily configure our various email accounts in Windows 10 Mail app easily. So, we decided to migrate my Outlook data in Windows 10 Mail App. But the issue that my friend noticed is that Windows 10 Mail application does not allow Outlook data to be directly imported in the Windows 10 Mail App.
Then, after exploring a bit more we figured out a way. First we need to upload Outlook PST into Outlook.com. After that, we will configure Outlook.com account in Windows Web Mail application in it. Then, we started searching for the solution to import PST to Outlook.com mailbox.
We started exploring on the internet and we divided our research in two panel. After searching, we got BitRecover PST Converter Wizard that gives a direct option to move all data from desktop Outlook to Outlook.com online account. I read completely about the software and the best thing I found in this software was that it provides a free demo to test the application before spending on it..
Then we downloaded a free demo version of the tool and tried it out. We also shared the steps in the next segment to help you easily understand the process of migrating PST to Outlook.com.
Similar blog post – Import OST to Windows 10 Mail App
Watch Live Video to Migrate PST File to Windows 10 Mail App
Steps to Import PST to Windows 10 Mail App
Follow the given steps to migrate Outlook to Windows 10 Mail App.
- Download and run PST to Windows 10 Mail Importer on your machine.
- If you already have Microsoft Outlook configured on your same machine then, you can simply check the first option in software “convert configured Outlook mailbox.” Then, click on the Next button to proceed on.
- The software will load all your configured MS Outlook mailbox data on the application panel.
- If MS Outlook configured is not configured on same machine then, select second option, i.e. “Select My Outlook mailbox data.”
- The software gives dual option to upload Outlook PST file on software’s panel, i.e.
- Select Files – To load PST file one by one.
- Select Folder – To load multiple .pst files at once by simply saving it in one folder.
- If in case, your Outlook PST file is corrupted then, no need to worry as tool given an option to check the “Use Recovery Mode.”
- From dual modes, if you choose an option of Select Files then, browse the Outlook data files from a stored location. After this, click on the Open button.
- Click on the Next button after browsing the PST file.
- Check the file, which you need to migrate from PST to Windows 10 Mail and click on Next button.
- Choose Outlook.com from the file saving options.
- Enter credentials of your Outlook.com account and click on the Convert button to begin the process.
- Once the process is completed, it will give a completion message on screen. As it is a demo edition therefore, it migrated only 25 data files to cloud. But in licensed edition, we migrated unlimited data files.
Now, to check the exported data from desktop to cloud, I opened my Outlook.com account on my machine.
After opening Outlook.com, I saw the migrated data is shown with date. I clicked over that and noticed that my migrated PST files were present on it.
Half of my work is done now, I need to import Outlook.com data to Windows 10 Mail App. For this, I simply open my Windows 10 default email application on my machine. Follow the given steps to configure Outlook.com account on your Windows 10 Mail App.
- After opening Windows 10 Mail on your machine, you will an option to add account. Choose Outlook.com option.
- Enter the credentials of your Outlook.com mailbox.
- Once you login to Outlook.com, you can see all your Outlook.com data in Windows 10 Mail App.
In this way, I imported all my Outlook PST to Windows 10 Web Mail App. Before coming to the end, let us read about the software that we have used to migrate Outlook data to Outlook.com account.
One-Stop Solution to Migrate Outlook to Windows 10 Mail
PST to Windows 10 Mail Importer is programmed in such a way that it takes only a few moments to migrate all data from desktop to cloud-based applications. The application provides various useful features that make it easy to perform data migration. Tool supports both ANSI and Unicode PST both. Application is simple and easy to use without any limitations. All the versions of Outlook and Windows are supported by the software.
Transfer Outlook Files Effortlessly
Working with the freeware version of tool lets you know quite a lot about the software prior to purchasing it, which makes it effortless for you to operate the full edition of tool for complete data migration.
You can easily avail the following facilities offered by the software while import Outlook PST to Windows 10 Mail:
- It is possible to transfer the unlimited number of data from a respective Microsoft Outlook account mailbox without confronting any sort of limitations in the procedure.
- Operational end of the PST to Windows 10 Mail exporter is served in an extremely easy manner so that users can get to switch data is done without confronting complications on the functionality.
- Once you are familiar with its working style, you will also know that the software also offers all the required set of techniques which are offered in an absolutely technical manner so that conversion of the data is provisioned in an accurately precise method.
Finally! I must say that we should keep on exploring and give a try over various email applications as we did to import PST to Windows 10 Mail App. If you get stuck at any point then, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about data migration.