Guide to Import OST to eM Client Account in Easy Steps
In my organization, we use Exchange Server for data management. The cache copy of user account on Exchange Server creates OST file. As OST files allow users to work offline and synchronize the changes with Exchange Server when they connect to the server again. But many times, the situation arises where Exchange Server goes through unplanned downtime due to which mailboxes cannot be synced. To avoid such a situation in future, I planned to import OST to eM Client. As eM Client is the default email application on my machine to manage my email data.
To begin the OST to eM Client conversion, I began by exploring the Internet for information on how to migrate an OST application to an eM Client application. After conducting many searches, I discovered that there are numerous other people that shared my query:
- How can I convert Outlook OST file to eM Client?
- Can I to transfer OST to eM Client directly?
- How can I save my OST files to eM Client application?
After reading a lot of articles on the web, I found that eM Client does not allow to import OST files directly. Then, from one of the forum site, I got way to save offline data files (.ost) on eM Client application. I implemented the whole solution then, easily transferred my OST files to eM Client application easily. In the following write-up, I have come up with a solution to transfer OST to eM Client application after executing the process by my own.
Steps-by-Step Process to Import OST to eM Client
Follow the given steps of instructions to import OST files to eM Client application.
As eM Client does not give any direct option to import OST files. Therefore, first, we need to convert OST file to eM Client supported file extensions. The biggest question comes up how to convert OST files to eM Client supportable formats.
Then, you can use BitRecover OST Converter Wizard software as it directly convert OST to PST and EML format. The tool retains the integrity of data in exact form after conversion. The best thing is that it migrates multiple Offline files to mentioned file extensions.
Once you have the data in EML or PST format then, you just need to import the data files into eM Client application.
If you wish to import EML to eM Client Application
Once you have all the data in .eml format. Then, you just need to import EML to eM Client as it gives an option to directly save .eml files into eM Client application. Just open and follow the given steps on the link given below:
If you wish to import PST to eM Client Application
- Open your eM Client application on your system.
- Click on the Menu option >> select File >> choose an Import option.
- From an import window, select option of Outlook Personal Storage (.pst) >> click on Next button.
- If you have Outlook configured as well as installed on your same system then, it will take the default location automatically to import data in eM Client >> Click Next button.
- If you do not have MS Outlook configured or installed on same system then, you can simply change location by clicking on the Select Files option and browse Outlook output file from saved location >> Click on Next button.
- Check desired file to import on eM Client >> click on Next button.
- Choose the desired option to save the imported files on eM Client. If you want to save the data in default root then, choose the first option, i.e. import data to default root.
- Save the imported data into the specific folder then, click on the second option and click on Select Folder option.
- If you want to save the imported data in the new folder then, click on the option of New Folder.
- Give desired name to the newly created folder >> click on Ok button.
- On Import Window, click on the Finish button to proceed further.
- Once all data files are imported, you will get a completion message.
Instant Solution to Export eM Client Emails
eM Client Converter Wizard is an all-in-one toolkit which is authorized to export eM Client emails into multiple emails formats, document formats, email clients, cloud-email services, and email servers. The tool maintains all email items and components during the successful completion of the task.
No, external utility is needed to execute the data migration process. The program is operable on all Windows OS both 32 and 64-bit versions. The application only needs eM Client data to execute the export process.
I completely understand the need to import OST to eM Client application. Therefore, I have shared a complete solution to save OST files in eM Client application after executing the whole process on my own. If you still get stuck at any point then, feel free to contact us.