Google Less Secure Apps Going Away – What to Do Now?
Did you hear Google’s announcement? Google less secure apps going away! Hence as a result less secure app access setting will no longer be available after 30 May 2022.
Will this announcement impact your daily home and professional life? Of course, yes, as nowadays most of the users are using Google accounts. Therefore, it will surely affect several users’ life!
Computer and smartphone users are taking benefits of Google’s less secure app settings. By using less secure apps, they can access Google account emails on other third-party applications and desktop email clients. But now, what will happen.
Is Google Getting Rid of Less Secure Apps?
Yes, this is true that Google less secure apps going away 2022. But there is no need to take any stress as here we will introduce you Google less secure apps alternative.
But before getting the solution, first know what actually users are thinking about less secure app shutdown announcement.
Yesterday, when I was using Google’s less secure app access settings. It was showing a message i.e., on May 30, 2022, this setting will no longer be available. But, after reading this, I have a concern that if Google will no longer support less secure access settings, then how can I connect my Gmail account with third-party apps and devices?
I am working as a business professional in a medium-sized IT company. When I am trying to access less secure app for my Google Workspace account. But less secure app access not showing. It is showing a message i.e. This setting is managed by your domain administrator. Hence, I am unable to backup Google Workspace data because the backup tool is saying to turn on less secure access. Is it any solution available in the online market?
Google Less Secure Apps Alternative
Google App Password is a 16-digit passcode that can be used to access less secure Google account capabilities on other devices and applications. Therefore, now you can consider App Password as Less Secure App alternative.
How to Use Google App Password?
If you want to use Google App Password to connect your Google account with other devices and applications. Then first ensure that 2-Step verification should be turned on.
#1 Turn On 2-Step Verification
- Login to your Gmail account and after that search for Google Account in the search engine.
- Open top search engine result page, and click on Go to Google Account.
- Click on the Security option to continue.
- After that, you can see 2-Step verification is off, hence hit on 2-Step verification.
- Protect your account with 2-Step verification, let’s Get Started.
- Thereafter, enter your Google account credentials and press the Next button.
- Use your phone as your second step to sign in, see your smartphone name here, and click on Continue.
- After that, you can see your mobile number that will get codes via text message and phone call. Click on the Send button to continue.
- Now enter OTP that received on your mobile number and choose Next.
- Click on Turn On to enable 2-Step Verification for your Google account.
- Lastly, you can see that 2-Step verification has been turned on for your account.
#2 Create Google App Password
- Firstly, open your Google Account and hit on Security option.
- Click on App Password, you can see app password is none for now.
- Thereafter, enter your Google account credentials and hit on Next.
- Select App accordingly from Mail, Calendar, Contacts, YouTube, and Other (Custom name).
- Now pick a device as per your need from the drop-down list i.e., iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry, Mac, Windows Phone, Windows Computer, and Other (Custom name).
- After that, click on Generate to start the operation.
- 16-digit passcode is generated successfully for your Google account, press Done to confirm.
Note That – Google less secure apps going away 2022 means that less secure app access setting will no longer be available after 30 May 2022. If you want to know what need to do for Google accounts. Then this is advisable to download Google emails to computer.
What Need to Do After Google Less Secure Apps shutdown?
You can use Google App Password as google less secure apps alternative. Hence you can connect your Google account with other applications and devices. Although, you can download Gmail Backup Software by BitRecover for downloading emails locally from your Google Gmail account.
- Launch the software and enter your Google account login details i.e., Email Address, and App Password (Instead of a regular password). Click on Login.
- Thereafter, you can see Gmail account folders in the software window. Select all or required folders accordingly.
- Choose a saving option from PST, MSG, EML, EMLX, MBOX, OLM, PDF, DOC, HTML, etc.
- After that, select the filter option if needed to backup specific emails.
- Lastly, browse the destination path and press the Backup button. Thereafter, wait for the completion message. It will automatically open the destination path once the process is done.
Why BitRecover Software?
Third-party tools say to enable Google less secure apps but now Google less secure apps going away. Hence, some of our completer’s tools will stop working. While BitRecover developed a future-ready product that will still work using Google App Password.
After Google’s announcement less secure app access settings will no longer be available after 30 May 2022. Therefore, some developers will change the GUI of their products. But BitRecover product will work with any modification.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1 – I am unable to enable less secure app access this setting is managed by your domain administrator. What can I do?
A – Login with your Google Workspace administrator account gives permission to enable and disable less secure app for other users.
Q 2 – Less secure app access setting will no longer be available after 30 May 2022. Will your Gmail-related products still work?
A – Yes, BitRecover developers believe in developing future-ready products. Hence, Gmail-related products will work using App Password technology.
Q 3 – Is Google less secure apps going away in 2022?
A – Yes, this is an official announcement, so I think this is true like Google less secure apps going away forever.