How to Break VBA password in Excel 2016 & 2019 Editions?
Looking for a technique to break VBA password in Excel? Don’t take any type of stress and continue read this specially dedicated blog post. Here, team BitRecover is explaining the step-by-step process to break VBA module password using multiple methods.
As we know that VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) is a substantive part of Microsoft Office Suite programs i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc. Actually, VBA is Microsoft’s programming language for Office applications.
In such cases, VBA plays the most important role mostly in developing automation processes, user-defined functions, Windows API (Application Programming Interfaces), etc. VBA is also helpful in manipulating the features of host applications.
Why Do Users Break Macro Password?
- Some developers download some samples of password-protected VBA projects. But they are unable to use the defined VBA macros and modules because of passwords.
- Many computer users recently contacted to BitRecover technical support team. They want to break VBA code password in Excel that they forgot.
- Sometimes users want to create a duplicate VBA project in Excel but when they try to copy macros and modules, the sample project asks for a password.
- Users receive samples as well as crucial projects from their professional resources. But received projects are protected with passwords.
#1 Method – Break VBA Module Password via Changing File Extension
- Change VBA project file extension from *.xlsm to *.zip.
- Double click on ZIP file to open it with WinZip / WinRar programs.
- Thereafter click on xl folder to continue.
- Now extract vbaProject.bin file and open it using Hex Editor.
- After that search DPB in Hex Editor, replace it with DPx and save it.
- Replace old vbaProject.bin file with new vbaProject.bin file under ZIP.
- Again, change file extension from *zip to *.xlsm.
- Start Visual Basic in Microsoft Excel, select Tools, and VBAProject Properties.
- After that, choose Protection tab, enter new password and save *.xlsm file.
- Finally, users can open VBA project file using new password.
#2 Method – Break VBA Project Protection in Excel with Hex Editor
- Generate a new Microsoft Excel XLS / XLSX file using any Hex Editor program.
- Thereafter, you need to set a specific password in the VBA field (Alt + F11)
- Save the recently created file at any destination path and exit.
- Now open a file that you have recently generated using Hex Editor.
- Copy each file starting with CMG=…, DPB=…, and GC=….
- Open a file that you want to break VBA password in Excel with the help of Hex Editor and paste above mentioned copied lines from the dummy file
- After that, save Excel files and exit to break a VBA password in Excel.
- Open the Excel file in which you want to access the VBA code, and then enter the common password you used in the previous step for the dummy VBA file.
#3 Method – Break VBA Code Password in Excel Using Workbook
Open password-protected Excel Workbook VBA files.
- Press Alt + F11 to open visual basic editor.
- Click on Inset Module option and paste the given code into VBA module.
- Press the F5 button and run the code to break VBA password in Excel.
- Lastly, you can open VBA projects in Excel without asking password.
Limitation of Manual Techniques
Although, there are multiple manual ways available to break a VBA password in Excel. But these techniques are not perfectly recommended by experts as these methods have some drawbacks.
- These are time-consuming methods to break VBA module password in Excel. As these techniques allow us to break passwords one by one from each project. Therefore, it takes much time, if someone wants to break VBA code password in excel in bulk.
- If you are a non-technical user then you may face the problem while breaking VBA project password in Excel. As you have seen already, you will need to follow too many steps including some formulas.
- There is no guaranteed success rate if you are using a manual method to break VBA password in Excel. We saw that in multiple cases, users may lose their crucial data.
#4 Method – Break VBA Macro Password Using Professional Tool
Excel VBA Password Remover Software is a professional expert recommended solution. The tool permits to break VBA password in Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, etc. You can just follow the given steps for completion of the task.
- Start the suggested application on your windows computer. Choose anyone option from Select Files or Select Folders. Thereafter, browse VBA project’s micros and modules files for uploading in software GUI.
- After that, you can see all VBA projects in the software window. The tool provides file explorer view so users can choose all of specific files easily. Click on Next button to continue.
- The software automatically chooses desktop as the destination path. You can click on Browse button if you want to change a different destination folder. Thereafter, click on Remove button to break VBA password in Excel.
Benefits Instead of Manual Techniques
- This is an effectual solution to break password from multiple VBA projects in bulk. There is no VBA projects database size limitation. The tool successfully works with large sized VBA projects without reporting any error message.
- Above mentioned manual techniques are defined to break a VBA password in Excel. But this suggested software is able to break VBA passwords in Word / PowerPoint / Access / AutoCAD / ArcGIS / CATIA / CorelDraw and SolidWorks.
- Users can upload a whole folder having unlimited Excel VBA projects for breaking the password. After uploading VBA files, users can see them in the software panel and choose only specific files to break the password.
- This is a completely risk-free software that allows to break VBA password in excel without losing any crucial information. It keeps all VBA project macros and modules during completion of the task.
If you are one of them who forgot or lost their VBA file password. Then, you can follow any of mentioned techniques. If you are going with manual method then this is advisable to create a copy of VBA projects for avoiding the data loss possibilities. Automated method can be considered as 100% safe way to break VBA password in excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, etc. As we have developed it after deep research.