How to Remove Macro from Excel Spreadsheet VBA Projects?
The post will assist you with how to remove macro from Excel Workbook files. Nowadays most computer users use Excel Spreadsheet. But a lot of users are not aware of Excel VBA projects and Excel macros.
However, VBA Macros can save users much time if they want to automate some respective tasks. Users can also create new functions in Microsoft Excel using VBA macro programming coding.
But the bigger disadvantage of VBA Macros in Excel is that you may be the victim of Cyber Hacking. As some hackers and unwanted users may send you a VBA Macros code enabled file with Macro Viruses. Therefore, it is advisable to disable the developer option in Excel.
Why Do Users Want to Delete Macro in Excel?
I am a business professional and recently, I have faced a critical problem with Excel Workbook files. Actually, a few days ago I received an unknown email with an Excel attachment. By mistake, I downloaded Excel Workbook and run Macro. Thereafter, my pc was affected by viruses and stopped working. I think that was a macro malware attack on my computer. But now, I want to keep secure from macro malware attacks. Therefore, I have decided to remove all macros from Excel Workbook. Please suggest me professional way to erase macro in Excel from 10K+ Excel *.xlsx, *.xlsm, *.xls, *.xlt, *.xla, etc. files.
Techniques to Remove Macro from Excel Workbook VBA
Being a tech professional, I know several methods to remove all macros from Excel VBA. Therefore, continue read this blog post and know multiple ways to eliminate all Excel VBA Macros forever.
#1 Delete Macro from Excel by Saving File in XLSX
If you wish to remove all of the macros at once, the simplest option is to save the existing workbook in the XLSX format. Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet program does not allow to save Excel VBA Macros in *.xlsx file extension. Commonly Excel VBA projects are stored in XLSM, XLSB, and XLS format. Let’s know the process to remove macro from Excel Workbook.
- Firstly, Open XLSM (Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007 Macro Enabled File) format using Excel. Click on File Tab.
- Choose Save a Copy option from the dropdown menu.
- Thereafter, hit on the Browse button to choose a specific destination path.
- Fill in the name of the file you wish to save in the Save As dialogue box. If you like, you can keep the current name.
- After that, click on “Save as type” and choose Excel Workbook (*.xlsx) option from dropdown.
- Press Save button to continue.
- Lastly, you can see a dialogue box that is showing information as VB project (VBA Macro) will be removed, if you save file in XLSX format. Choose the Yes option to remove all macros from Excel Workbook.
#2 Remove Specific Macros from Excel VBA using Developer Option
The first method has described to possibilities to delete all macros from Excel. Therefore, in this method, you will read and see how to remove specific macros from Excel VBA projects. Let’s start now!
- First of all, open the XLSM VBA project using Microsoft Excel program. Click on the Developer option from the menu bar.
- After that, hit on Macros button from Excel. This will display all of the macros in the workbook in the Macro dialogue box.
- Select This Workbook option from the dropdown of Macros in.
- Choose the Macro name that you want to remove VBA Macros from Excel Sheet.
- Thereafter, press the Delete button to eliminate selected Macro from Excel VBA project. You can also repeat same process again for erasing more macros from Excel Workbooks.
#3 Erase Module That Has Macro in Excel
You can use Visual Basic Editor to delete macro from Excel files. You have the most control with this method because you can access all macros. Let’s start now!
- Open XLSM file in the MS Excel program and click on the Developer tab.
- After that, click on Visual Basic or press ALT + F11 to continue.
- Now you can see Excel VBA Macros and Modules in project explorer view.
- Thereafter, double-click on an object (Module, Worksheet object, and ThisWorkbook) that has macro.
- Remove the macro you want to remove from the code window that appears. To delete everything, simply select everything and press the Delete key.
- If you have a module that has macro code and you want to remove it. Then right-click on the module and choose on Remove Module option.
#4 Professional Tool to Delete Macro in Excel VBA
Download BitRecover VBA Macro Remover Wizard setup and install it on your computer. The tool comes with several advanced features so that users can easily delete all macros from Excel according to their choice. Just follow the given steps to remove macro from Excel Workbook VBA projects.
- Launch the software and choose the Select Files or Select Folders button. Upload Excel VBA projects from your machine into software GUI.
- Thereafter, check required VBA projects and click on Next button to continue.
- Browse destination path to save output data and click on Remove button.
- The process to remove macro from Excel VBA is running, please wait for a few seconds.
- Task completed successfully, get resultant data from the selected location.
- Remove macro from Excel Workbook XLSX, XLSM, XLS, XLT, and XLA files.
- Eliminate VBA macros from Excel Spreadsheets in batch to save crucial time.
- Easy to use software to delete macro in Excel without technical knowledge.
- Facility to save resultant Excel Workbook files at any specific destination path.
- Best powerful software to remove macro from shape Excel with 100% accuracy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1 – What is the shortcut key to open Macro dialog box?
A – You can use ALT + 8 to open macro dialog button.
Q 2 – How open Visual Basic Editor for Excel VBA programming code?
A – Click on Developers << Visual Basic (ALT + F11) to open Visual Basic Editor.
Q 3 – Can I remove VBA macros from Excel 2019?
A – These techniques work for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 98, 97, etc.
We have described the top 4 ways to remove macro from Excel Workbook files. You can choose as requirements. The manual methods come with some limitations i.e., require technical knowledge, time-consuming, and have no data loss guarantee. Therefore, this is advisable to delete all macros from Excel Sheets using the professional solution.