How to Backup Outlook Emails to OneDrive Account?
If you are suffering to access your Outlook emails, attachments, files, and folders without opening the Outlook application? The easiest way to do this is to transfer emails from Outlook to OneDrive and access all your necessary data at times when MS Outlook is not responding. In this blog post, we will walk through some simple steps to backup Outlook emails to OneDrive automatically and manually.
Let’s face it: Gone are the days when you have to go to the workplace to access company information. The concept of remote work has made all organizations using email services, like MS Outlook, more productive.
However, this “work from anywhere” reality is hitting organizations to provide data to users in real-time, with the potential to quickly respond to requests and secure sensitive information on Outlook. That being said, the question is: What users and organizations use Microsoft OneDrive over anything?
Microsoft Outlook Vs OneDrive
Outlook: This is a personal information manager that enables you to make and handle address books, emails, tasks, journals, calendars, etc. However, due to issues such as corruption, and hanging, many users want to move files from Outlook to OneDrive. Therefore, if you want to transfer emails from Outlook to OneDrive, we have the right solution for you!
OneDrive: Microsoft made it easy to manage emails, and attachments by launching OneDrive in August 2007. It gives you 5 GB of free storage space and offers a swift way to store all your information on the cloud and access it on the go. OneDrive also facilitates the integration of other MS Office services such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint docs. It gives you the cheapest cloud storage availability.
How to Save Outlook Emails to OneDrive?
- Step 1: Install and run BitRecover tool.
- Step 2: Add MS Outlook profile data in GUI.
- Step 3: Select necessary folders and Next.
- Step 4: Choose saving option and destination.
- Step 5: Click Convert to save Outlook emails.
- Step 6: Upload Outlook emails to OneDrive.
Benefits of Backup Outlook Emails to OneDrive
Apart from a simple GUI and central cloud storage, here are the amazing features of transferring emails from Outlook to OneDrive:
- Accessibility: Users can anytime move emails from Outlook to OneDrive and can use the extended sharing capability of OneDrive. You can share your Outlook email content with your colleagues, friends, or anonymous users just by a “Share” option.
- Security: After transferring emails from Outlook to OneDrive, you would obviously like to protect your information from any unauthorized access. Well, you can always save Outlook emails to OneDrive including complete details with the multiple security features of OneDrive.
- Offline work: The primary goal of backing up Outlook emails to OneDrive is to allow you to work with all information locally. With the OneDrive sync client, you can download data and use it even without Internet connectivity.
- Files On-Demand Syncing: It is useful for those who work on various devices (so, pretty much each one of us). Now, you can move Outlook emails to OneDrive automatically and can sync all email documents that you want to take with you across multiple devices with the help of the File On-Demand option of OneDrive.
- Storage Space: Free up space in your Outlook mailbox, allowing for smoother email management and organization.
#1 Manual Way to Transfer Emails from Outlook to OneDrive
You can export Outlook email to MSG files manually using the drag and drop technique and store them in a separate folder accordingly. Thereafter, launch the OneDrive file hosting service and upload the resultant MSG files. You can easily move emails from Outlook to OneDrive by completing 2 phases:
Phase 1: Export Outlook Messages
- Launch your MS Outlook client and choose a folder.
- Press CTRL+A to select all emails.
- Drag and drop email messages in a folder.
Phase 2: Upload Outlook Messages to OneDrive
- Log in to your OneDrive account.
- Select the Upload button to save Outlook emails to OneDrive.
- Browse Outlook messages and click the Upload button.
Some Manual Method Drawbacks
- A time-consuming task that requires following the same repeated steps again and again while completing phase 1. As manual method permits to export of Outlook messages from a single folder at once. Hence, if you have 10 folders in Outlook then you will need to repeat the same steps 10 times.
- The manual method of transferring emails from Outlook to OneDrive allows storing emails in *msg file extension. But sometimes users may have the desire to save Outlook emails to OneDrive with different file extensions, which is not possible manually.
- Microsoft Outlook should be in proper working condition to use manual techniques. But sometimes users may have Outlook data files (PST or OST) then you can upload them directly to OneDrive without the choice file extension.
- Sometimes users may lose their crucial data while moving Outlook emails to OneDrive due to a wrong operation. Overall, the manual method is recommended only if want to back up a few Outlook emails to OneDrive.
Recommended: Steps to Import PST to Office 365 Shared Mailbox
#2 Automated Way to Move Emails from Outlook to OneDrive
The BitRecover Outlook PST File Converter is the most advanced solution to transfer emails from Outlook to OneDrive. This tool directly converts PST files into a desirable format to transfer emails from Outlook into OneDrive automatically. It also has multiple advanced and superior capabilities.
Bonus for you! Take a test drive of the free demo version before purchasing the license keys of the product. It will permit you to back up the first 25 data items of Outlook to various supportable file formats.
Stage 1: Backup Outlook Emails for OneDrive
- Launch Outlook to the OneDrive backup tool. Carefully read all instructions and hit the Next button.
- Import the desired Outlook emails with the help of dual options: Convert configured Outlook mailbox data or Let me select my Outlook mailbox data (Select Files/ Select Folders).
- Thereafter, select the email folders that you want to upload from Outlook to your OneDrive account.
- Select the required file-saving option from the given list.
- Now, pick a location to save the resultant files. Also, select the desired file naming option from the list of file naming conventions.
- Tap on the Convert tab to start the backup process of Outlook emails in the chosen format.
- When the process is over, the tool displays a completion message.
Stage 2: Move Folders from Outlook to OneDrive
Now, you have Outlook emails in the desired email or readable format. Follow these three steps to transfer emails from Outlook to OneDrive directly.
- Sign in to your Microsoft OneDrive account.
- Choose the Upload option from the top panel of the account.
- Select the files that you want to transfer from Outlook to OneDrive.
Advanced Features to Archive Outlook Emails to OneDrive
- The software gives the facility to save Outlook emails to OneDrive in various standard formats (MSG, EML, MBOX, PDF, DOC).
- Users can easily upload single or multiple Outlook email folders for conversion.
- You can directly move Outlook email folders to your OneDrive account without any problem.
- It is a quick process to save Outlook attachments to OneDrive.
- It is an independent application, so it does not require MS Outlook installation to transfer emails from Outlook to OneDrive.
- Users can backup Outlook emails to OneDrive from any version of MS Outlook.
- Supports old ANSI or New Outlook Unicode files without any trouble.
- It offers multiple file naming conventions for better email management.
- Maintains the data integrity of all the Outlook files while moving them to OneDrive.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can I save single Outlook files to a OneDrive account?
A: Yes, the tool allows saving of single Outlook files to OneDrive.
Q 2: Does the tool permit you to save Outlook emails with attachments to OneDrive?
A: Yes, the software gives the facility to move Outlook files to OneDrive including attachments.
Q 3: Does your software permit to backup Outlook emails to OneDrive in several standard formats?
A: Yes, the tool has 35+ saving options, you can choose any option accordingly.
In this blog, we have described all the necessary steps to archive Outlook email to OneDrive. With these manual and automated techniques, you can save backup Outlook emails to OneDrive. The manual is best for small amounts of emails but if you have a large number of emails then this is advisable to use the software.