Import Thunderbird Mailbox to Outlook All Version
Overview: In this write-up, we are going to explain the methods to convert Thunderbird emails to Outlook using free and professional methods. Here we will show you every detail related to the process, lets be continue with us.
In short Microsoft does not provide any direct solution import emails from Thunderbird to Outlook. But It is quite easy and can be done in few simple clicks. Just export the Thunderbird mailbox to Outlook data file format and then access it in Outlook all versions.
As we all know, Thunderbird and Outlook both are email client, which provides amazing and advanced features. But due to some lack of features in the Thunderbird application, some users may prefer to export emails from Thunderbird to Outlook. Let’s read the difference between both email clients.
Recommended: Top 3 Ways to Migrate Thunderbird to Office 365
Thunderbird Vs Outlook
|Mozilla Thunderbird is a free and open-source email client.||To utilize Microsoft Outlook, it is necessary to acquire license keys.|
|It utilizes the MBOX file extension to store emails.||It facilitates the storage of email data in OST and PST formats.|
|Thunderbird supports IMAP, SMTP, and POP protocols.||It also supports protocols including IMAP, SMTP, and POP.|
|There is no server connectivity is available in Thunderbird.||Outlook can be connected to Microsoft Exchange Server.|
|Thunderbird is an appropriate option for individual users seeking basic email functionalities.||Outlook is an appropriate choice for businesses due to its ability to provide additional features and capabilities|
|This software is not compatible with any mobile operating system, thus making it inaccessible to smartphone users.||MS Outlook is compatible with all mobile operating systems, including Android, iOS, and Windows.|
|Thunderbird does not include a feature for email scheduling.||Outlook offers a feature that allows users to schedule emails to be sent later, which is important for businesses.|
User Query to Export Thunderbird to Outlook
Hello there, I am using both Thunderbird and Outlook for professional and personal work. but yesterday, my Thunderbird email client got corrupted, and some important data is stored in it. Now I want to convert Thunderbird emails to Outlook. So, I am looking for a Thunderbird to Outlook converter, which can import my data directly.
Archer Thomas, Florida
Methods to Migrate from Thunderbird to Outlook
There are multiple solution available to complete this single task. All the methods are not suitable for all users. It depends on case and scenarios, In this post, I will explain 2 different solutions that you can follow.
- Free Way to Transfer Mailbox Using Gmail Account
- Drag Thunderbird Emails and Drop into Outlook
- Import Thunderbird to Outlook Using Professional Tool
Let us understand each method with proper explanation!
Method-1: Migrate Thunderbird to Outlook Using Gmail
This process requires to perform 4 steps. Each steps are interconnected to each other, so you cannot skip any step. You will finally see all emails with associated attributes from Thunderbird to Outlook account. Follow the steps in same sequence as mentioned below:
- Step-1: Enable IMAP Access and Create Gmail App Password.
- Step-2: Configure your Gmail account in Thunderbird.
- Step-3: Create New Folder in Configured Gmail Using Thunderbird.
- Step-4: Move Thunderbird Emails to New Folder and Wait for Sync.
- Step-5: Configure Same Gmail Account in Outlook and Finish.
You can follow the 5 above-mentioned steps to export Thunderbird emails to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010. Now read a detailed overview of these steps for your better understanding.
Step-1: Enable IMAP Access and Create Gmail App Password
This is the first step in order to Thunderbird to Outlook transfer. Let’s get started:
- Login to your Google Gmail account and choose the Gear icon.
- Select the See all settings option.
- Choose Forwarding and POP/IMAP and enable IMAP.
- Scroll down and Save changes.
Create App Password
- Go to your Google Account and choose the Security option.
- Turn on 2-step verification under security.
- Select an app and device for which you want to generate the app password. (Select App as Mail and Device as Windows Computer).
- Now you can see app password is created for your Gmail account.
Note: go to this webpage to get more information about enabling IMAP and creating an app password
Step-2: Configure Your Gmail Account in Thunderbird
Now lets move to second step that will move one step ahead to import Thunderbird to Outlook.
- Start the Thunderbird email client on your pc.
- Select Tools >> Account Settings option.
- Choose Account Actions >> Add Mail Account.
- Enter your Gmail account credentials, and press Continue.
- Enable IMAP from available configurations and click Done.
Step-3: Create New Folder in Configured Gmail Using Thunderbird
This is the third step in order to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook account. Follow the instructions:
- Now you can see your configured Gmail account in Thunderbird.
- Right-click on your Gmail account and create a new folder.
- Give a name for the folder and hit Create Folder button.
- An empty folder is created in your Gmail using Thunderbird.
Step-4: Move Thunderbird Emails to New Folder and Wait for Sync
The below steps are responsible for adding your Thunderbird mailbox items in the Gmail account. It may take some time to complete. Stay calm while performing below steps. After completing this steps you will move to the final steps to import Thunderbird to Outlook.
- Choose a Thunderbird folder that has crucial emails.
- Select all or required emails to move them under the newly created folder.
- Drag and drop selected emails under the newly created folder.
- Now Thunderbird emails moving to the new folder, please wait.
Note: Thereafter, your emails will be moved from Thunderbird to Gmail, and a new folder will be created under your Gmail account.
Step-5: Configure Same Gmail Account in Outlook and Finish
You reached at the final step to migrating Thunderbird mails to Outlook. Follow the instructions and perform the steps to complete migration process of Thunderbird to Outlook.
- Start your MS Outlook email client.
- Choose File >> Info >> Add Account option.
- Fill your email address in a specific field and click Connect.
- Enter your Gmail credentials for successful configuration.
Note: Once you have completed the steps to migrate Thunderbird emails to Outlook. Outlook will start downloading Gmail emails, including the folder you just created. You will now be able to view Thunderbird emails in Outlook. Congratulations, your Thunderbird emails have now been successfully migrated to Outlook.
Read Similar: Convert Thunderbird Emails to PDF in Batch
Method-2: Drag and Drop Thunderbird Emails into Outlook
You can convert Thunderbird emails to Outlook in two steps. First, you need to export the emails from Thunderbird. Then, you need to import Thunderbird into Outlook.
- Start your Thunderbird email client.
- Choose a mailbox folder having crucial emails.
- Check or uncheck the required emails that you wish to export.
- Right-click and choose the Save As option.
- Browse a folder from your computer to store exported emails.
- Open the destination folder and see Thunderbird exported emails in EML format.
Phase-2: Import EML Files to Outlook
- Run MS Outlook email client.
- Right-click on the configured account and choose the New Folder option.
- Give a name for the newly created folder in Outlook.
- Now you can see a new folder is generated in Outlook.
- Afterward, open a folder that has exported EML files.
- Drag and drop these EML files into the newly created folder.
Note: after completing the 2 phases, you can export emails from Thunderbird to Outlook. But this is suitable for the small-scale migration process.
Why Not Choose Free Ways to Migrate from Thunderbird to Outlook
- Both are lengthy methods and require technical knowledge for completing Thunderbird to Outlook conversion process.
- If you convert Thunderbird to Outlook, some of your email items may not appear due to compatibility issues.
- These methods allow transferring email from Thunderbird to Outlook from a single folder at a time.
- You will need to repeat the same steps again and again if you want to convert all Thunderbird folders to Outlook folders.
Method-3: Use Thunderbird to Outlook Converter for Seamless Migration
BitRecover Thunderbird Converter is one of the best and most sophisticated solutions to convert Thunderbird emails to Outlook data file without any hassle. The software has multiple advanced features and capabilities like bulk and selection conversion, also the tool has a very simple and user-friendly interface.
Also, there is no need to install Thunderbird or any third-party utility to run the tool. Because the software is an independent and standalone tool. Just download Thunderbird to Outlook Converter and launch it on your Windows or Mac machines.
BitRecover provides a free demo version of this tool to evaluate the feature and compatibility for free. The Freeware edition allows to convert first 25 emails from Thunderbird to Outlook data file format. Whereas the full version does not impose any such limitation. Download the tool according to your OS and easy migrate mails from Thunderbird to Outlook.
How to Export Thunderbird Emails to Outlook Data File?
- Download and run the Thunderbird to Outlook converter tool on your system.
- And then, select between the “Convert Emails” or “Contacts & Calendar” option.
- Now add the profile data automatically or use dual options manually. It will allows to add your Thunderbird mails into software panel.
- After that, choose the required data from the screen and hit the Next icon.
- Now, select the PST option from the select saving option.
- After that, Browse the destination path and hit the Next button for Thunderbird to Outlook conversion.
- The process of converting Thunderbird emails to Outlook is running.
- Get the resultant PST file from the provided destination path.
- Start your Outlook and choose the Open Outlook Data File option. After that navigate to location and select PST and hit Open button. Finally you can view complete mailbox of Thunderbird into Outlook interface.
Thunderbird to Outlook Converter Features
The software provides multiple feature that allows customize the migration process. You can choose the data that you want to transfer from Thunderbird to Outlook account. Let’s have a look:
- Allows to convert Thunderbird Emails to Outlook Data File Format
- Auto Detects Thunderbird Profile and Migrate it To Outlook Directly
- Migrate Multiple Profiles from Thunderbird to Outlook at Once
- Provides Dual Options (Select Files and Select Folders) to Browse Thunderbird Mails
- Allows to Migrate Selected Folders from Thunderbird to Outlook
- 24X7 Technical Support and Lifetime Software Validity
- Easiest Way to Import Thunderbird Mails to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 Versions
FAQ – Thunderbird to Outlook Transfer Tool
Ques 1 – Can transfer contacts from Thunderbird to Outlook using this solution?
Ans – Yes, of course, first export Thunderbird contacts into CSV (Comma Separated Values) file extension manually. After that, you can use this software to convert contacts from Thunderbird.
Ques 2 – Can I install the application on Windows and Mac OS?
Ans – Yes, this utility can work with all Windows as well as Mac Operating systems.
Ques 3 – does Thunderbird to Outlook converter works with Windows 11 OS?
Ans – Yes, this software is suitable for all Windows OS including the latest Windows 11.
Ques 4 – Hey, I am using the latest Outlook 2021, does the tool support it?
Ans – Yes, BitRecover Thunderbird to Outlook transfer tool is compatible with all Outlook versions including Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, and all other versions.
In this post, we mentioned the complete information about how to convert Thunderbird emails to Outlook data file format. All 3 mentioned methods are straightforward and amazing. But the manual methods have some drawbacks, which are mentioned above. And on other hand, the expert solution provides multiple advanced features and can easily migrate complete data from Thunderbird to Outlook.
Author’s Recommendation: I found method 3 simple and easy to use. It also guarantees complete data migration from Thunderbird to Outlook. Apart from this you have an option to connect with expert. So my recommendation to choose method 3.