How to Migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook Account 2021, 2019, 2016?
In this digital era, switching from one to another email client is a common situation for all users with respect to changing needs and requirements, as it is, some users want to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook account.
But unfortunately, Outlook does not support HCL Note’s NSF file. Because PST is the only file format that stores Outlook data with complete information.
So, if you want to Open Lotus Notes NSF file in Outlook account, then you must have to convert IBM Notes data file to PST format.
If you are looking for methods to transfer Lotus Notes to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, & 2010 then this blog will be perfect for you. Here you will get the complete information with step-by-step details to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook.
Reasons to Transfer Emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook
- Outlook provides advanced features to manage your data and high security to users than Lotus Notes.
- Outlook allows users to configure multiple accounts without any hassle.
- Lotus Notes has a very complex interface, while Outlook has easy to use and friendly interface.
- Also, Outlook provides the facility to work in offline mode.
Manual Methods to Migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016
So, there is no direct manual method available to transfer HCL notes to Outlook accounts. You have to follow 2 steps, first, we will export data from IBM Notes in CSV format and then we will import this file to the Outlook account. Follow all the steps, that are mentioned below:
Step 1: Export Data from Lotus Notes as CSV
- Open Lotus Notes on your machine.
- Now click on the “Mail” tab >> “Menu” bar.
- Next, hit the “File” >> “Export” option to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook.
- After that, select the “Tabular Text (CSV)” >> “Structured Text” option and the Continue icon.
- Lastly, select the location and hit the “Export” icon.
Step 2: Migrate Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook
- Open your Outlook account, and click on the “File” tab from the ribbon.
- Now click on the “Open & Export” >> “Import/Export” option.
- Select the “Comma Separated Values” >> “Next” icon.
- Now select the exported CSV file, and then choose the location, and hit the “Finish” icon.
Important Note: Outlook must be installed on your system, and if you have any other problems, then try method 2.
Export Solution to Migrate Emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook
The BitRecover NSF to PST Converter Tool is a highly recommended solution, which provides amazing and advanced features for Lotus Notes to Outlook migration. The software can easily transfer NSF files of all Lotus Notes versions.
Also, users can easily migrate selected and bulk data at one time without any hassle. It has a very simple and easy-to-use interface for all technical and non-technical users to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook. more features are mentioned below:
Steps to Export Emails from IBM Notes to Outlook
Important Note: Lotus/HCL Notes must be installed, because technically it is not possible to transfer Lotus Notes data.
- Download and run the solution on your system.
- And then, upload the Lotus Notes data file using Add Files/ Folders option.
- Next, select the needed folders/subfolder from the screen and the “Next” option to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook.
- After that, choose “Select saving option” and choose “PST” from the saving list.
- Apply the advanced filter option to export and migrate specific HCL notes data.
- Now, the tool will choose a desktop location by default, if you want to save data from another location then you can use the Browse icon.
- And hit the “Next” icon to start the Lotus Notes to Outlook migration.
- Lastly, a confirmation message will appear, and hit the “OK” button.
- Now open Outlook and click on “File” >> “Open Outlook Data File” and add the migrated file.
Advance Features of Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter
- The HCL to Outlook converter can easily migrate the complete data of Lotus Notes including Emails, contacts, calendars, notes, journals, tasks, etc.
- Provide dual options to upload single and multiple HCL notes files at once without any file size limitations.
- The software can migrate unlimited files at once a time in bulk & attachments to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook.
- Maintains all the elements of Emails (Bcc, Cc, To, From, Date, Subject, Formatting, color, font size, etc), Contact (Phone Number, Name, Email ID, Address, Office Number, etc), Calendar (Date, Event, Summary, Subject, Description, Starting Date, Ending Date), etc.
- The software creates a separate file for each Lotus Notes file like if you have 10 IBM notes files, then the Lotus Notes to Outlook migration tool will create 10 PST files.
- This solution creates Unicode PST files for Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and all previous versions.
Important Note: The software comes with the free demo version, which can only convert 25 emails from each folder of HCL Notes. For unlimited Lotus Notes to Outlook migration, purchase the licensed version.
Time to Say Goodbye
Above we mentioned the methods to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook account manually and professionally. Manual methods are free of cost but always have some limitations. So, if you face any limitations while migrating HCL Notes to Outlook account, then take the help of an expert solution, which has amazing features. go and download the free demo version now.