How to Migrate IBM Notes to Outlook Desktop / Outlook.com?
Do you want to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 as well as Outlook.live.com email programs? If your response is positive according to the question then you need to read this blog post till the end. Here team BitRecover is explaining the complete step-by-step process to convert HCL Notes to Microsoft Outlook / Outlook.com using multiple methods.
Nowadays users are preferring to use Microsoft Outlook desktop-based and cloud-based variants instead of HCL Notes. The Outlook is a well-established email client that comes with some extraordinary features. It also comes with a simple GUI and high-level security features that are the main reason to use Outlook.
Get Instant Solution
Just download the recommended software and follow these steps.
- Launch NSF Converter on your computer.
- Upload *.nsf files in the software window.
- Choose PST as saving format from available list.
- Browse a destination path and press Convert.
- Run MS Outlook and import converted PST.
Know why to use Outlook instead of HCL Notes
You can use Microsoft Outlook desktop-based email client offline that can be automatically synchronized with the server when internet connectivity will be available. Even it is beneficial in slow internet connectivity related issues.
If someone prefers to use cloud-based email services then Outlook.com is a better option. Outlook.live.com is the best alternative if someone does not want to use a desktop-based Outlook personal information manager program.
The graphical user interface of the Microsoft Outlook email client is comparatively better. It can be easily operable by both technical and non-technical users. Even it comes with advanced high-level security features for completing the corporate level requirements.
The latest edition of Outlook is more refined as it is continuously available since 1997. It is developed by Microsoft Corporation that is the most trustworthy parent company. That is also a most common reason to go with Outlook because Lotus Notes is acquired many times.
Microsoft Outlook can fulfill users’ all requirements as it allows them to manage anything related to email management. Users can store emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journals, and other all-important email properties.
Read Also – Import NSF to Gmail
Convert HCL Notes to Outlook Using Free Manual Method
If you are thinking, is there any solution available to Convert IBM Notes to Outlook? Then don’t worry there is a 100% freeware technique available to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook. However, it has some limitations but still, some computer users are happy using this manual method.
Before migrating from Lotus Notes to Outlook email client, first know some important things about migration. Keep in mind given instructions before Lotus Notes to Outlook migration.
- You should need to take the backup of IBM Notes emails into reusable file extensions. Because in some cases, users may lose their important data.
- If you see files having *.nsf file extensions then don’t delete these files. These are HCL Notes database files. An NSF file can store unlimited emails, contacts, calendars with all important items.
- If you want to migrate Lotus Notes emails to Outlook in a professional way then you need to convert NSF to PST. Because Microsoft is compatible to import PST files instead of NSF files.
- Make sure Microsoft Outlook email client should be installed on your pc before migrating from Lotus Notes to Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, etc. because users can get more accurate results with Outlook environment.
Let’s start IBM Notes to Outlook migration using manual steps
1st Export from HCL Notes
- Launch IBM / HCL Notes email client on your computer.
- Go to Mail tab from menu bar.
- Tap on “File” option to continue.
- Thereafter, click on the Export button.
- Now choose “Tabular Text (CSV)” and “Structured Text” option accordingly.
- After that press Continue for completion.
- Lastly, browse destination path and press Export to start.
2nd Import to MS Outlook
- Start MS Outlook email client on your pc.
- Click on File and choose Import and Export option.
- Press Next button to continue.
- Choose Comma Separated Values option.
- Thereafter, hit on the Next button.
- Click on Export button from pop-up.
- Select HCL Notes exported CSV file from your computer.
- At last, click on Finish button to start importing.
By following the above-mentioned steps, users can switch from HCL Notes to Microsoft Outlook without loss of old messages. You can go with these steps, in case if you don’t want to spend any money for migrating from Lotus Notes to Outlook.
- The manual method to migrate HCL Notes to Outlook is too lengthy so non-technical users face trouble during completion of the task.
- It requires more steps for completion of the task so sometimes; users may be confused during convert Lotus Notes to Outlook.
- Sometimes it can corrupt the data and you can permanently lose your important HCL Notes email messages, contacts, and calendars.
- It is not advisable to export IBM Notes Mail to Outlook if you want to import large size database file. You can use it at small scale migration.
- Using the manual technique, users can import only a single NSF file at a time so it is a time-consuming method as you need to repeat this process 10 times if you want to import 10 *.nsf files.
Migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook – Pro Technique
You need to follow given steps to convert HCL Notes to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc.
- Launch Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter and choose one option from Add Files or Add Folders.
- Choose HCL Notes NSF file from your computer and click on the Open button to continue.
- Thereafter, you can see NSF file emails with all details in the software panel. Now click on Convert button.
- After that, choose PST from the list of saving options as you can see in the respective screenshot.
- The tool has a separate option to migrate contacts from Lotus Notes to Outlook.
- It also gives permission to migrate Lotus Notes calendar to Outlook as you can see.
- Users can use filter saving options to convert IBM Notes to Outlook by date range, from email address, to email address, and exclude folders.
- Thereafter, click on the Browse icon for browsing a specific destination path.
- After selecting the destination path, you need to click on the Save button.
- HCL Notes to Outlook PST migration process is running, please wait for a while.
- IBM Notes to Outlook PST conversion procedure has been completed successfully. Here you can see the pop-up message of completion.
- Thereafter, it will automatically open the Log Report (SavingLog.txt) file that has importation about converted data
- At last, run Microsoft Outlook email client and import converted PST (Personal Storage Table) file by selecting Open Outlook Data File option.
Convert Lotus Notes to Outlook.com – Pro Technique
You can follow these simple steps to migrate emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook.live.com account.
- Start Lotus Notes to Outlook.com Migration Tool and upload .nsf files in the software window.
- Preview Lotus Notes NSF file data in the software panel. Select required folders and press the Next button to continue.
- Select Outlook.com from the list of saving options and enter Outlook.live.com account credentials.
- Use advance filter settings for selective Lotus Notes to Outlook.com migration.
- Thereafter, hit on the Convert button to start Lotus Notes to Outlook.live.com conversion process.
- After completion of the task, login to your Outlook.com account and preview imported data.
Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter Features
- HCL Notes to Outlook Converter is capable to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook desktop-based email client as well as Outlook.live.com web-based email service.
- Users can preview IBM Notes NSF file data in the software panel before migrating from Lotus Notes to Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, etc.
- The tool also has an isolated option to migrate contacts from Lotus Notes to Outlook contacts.
- Lotus Notes to Outlook Migration Tool permits to migrate Lotus Notes calendar to Outlook calendars with complete information.
- This application offers multiple advance filter options to convert HCL Notes to Outlook by date range, sender, and recipient’s email addresses.
- Users can create separate PST for each Lotus Notes NSF file, as well as also create a combined PST file for all Lotus Notes NSF files accordingly.
- This utility automatically generates a log report file that has complete detailed information about migrated data.
- HCL Notes to Outlook Migrator is specially developed to convert multiple Lotus Notes files to Outlook PST format at once. So that users can save their valuable time and effort.
- The tool generates a Unicode PST file that is compatible with all latest Outlook editions such as Microsoft Outlook 2019 / 2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007, etc.
- This software is compatible with NSF files of HCL Notes 11.0, 10.0, 9.0, 8.5, 8.0, 7.0, 6.5, 6.0, etc. so no need to think about its editions.
Free HCL Notes to Outlook Converter
Free Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter allows to migrate first 25 emails from each Lotus Notes folder to Outlook folder. So that you can test its features and working process before purchasing the professional edition. After getting complete satisfaction, you can grab its license keys at an affordable price.
Frequently Asked Questions
Que 1 – Does your software allow to migrate Lotus Notes emails to Outlook together with attachments?
Ans – Yes, it preserves all email attachments and components during transferring Lotus Notes emails to Outlook profile.
Que 2 – Can I use this single software to convert HCL Notes to Outlook desktop / Outlook.live.com?
Ans – Yes, of course, it is well suitable tool to migrate HCL Notes to Outlook email client and Outlook.com web service.
Que 3 – Is HCL Notes installation mandatory, to switch from HCL Notes to Outlook without loss of old emails?
Ans – Yes, HCL Notes email client installation is compulsory to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook. Because the tool requires HCL Notes environment to perform the conversion.
Now all business and home users can easily migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook without loss of old information. Here, we have mentioned both automatic and manual methods. Both are 100% verified techniques so you can use any method accordingly. However, we recommend you only professional method because your data is important so don’t take any risk.