How to Migrate Lotus Notes (HCL) to Office 365 Directly ?
Get proficient software to migrate Lotus Notes Mail to Office 365 together with HCL Notes NSF attachments. A lot of HCL / IBM / Lotus Notes email client users are looking for a solution for Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration step by step. Actually, at present time, users prefer to use cloud-based email services such as Microsoft 365 / Google Workspace, Outlook.com, Yahoo Mail, etc. Because several available reasons…
IBM Notes to Office 365 migration reasons
- Lotus Notes and Microsoft 365 both are considered different email programs. Lotus Notes is a desktop-based email client while Microsoft Office 365 is a subscription-based cloud email service. These are totally different from each other. But here I am suggesting some Microsoft 365 benefits over HCL Notes.
- Microsoft 365 email programs are hosted on Microsoft’s as well as the user’s server as per the demand. Therefore, users can easily run it from any worldwide location by entering O365 account credentials. This is the main functionality of the tool because users can use any computer to access their email data.
- MS Office 365 comes with a simple-to-use interface and it is authorized to manage email messages, contacts, and calendars, etc. Even Microsoft 365 comes with some extraordinary features i.e., Filter Option, Search Option, etc.
- Microsoft Office 365 is a cloud-based email program that does not use computer hard drive space to store users’ emails, contacts, and calendars. Therefore, it is beneficial instead of HCL Notes email client.
- Microsoft 365 provides better synchronization compared to the HCL Notes email client. Sometimes HCL Notes users face synchronization issues when connecting with HCL Domino Server. O365 provides better uptime accordingly.
Manual Solution for Migrating Lotus Notes to Office 365
Users can easily migrate from HCL Notes to Office 365 with the help of an IMAP Connector. Follow below – mentioned steps for performing this task:
- First, Backup NSF files
First of all, users have to back up their HCL Notes NSF files. In case of failed migration and NSF files get corrupt during the process, you can recover the mailbox data from the already taken backups.
- Create new Mailboxes for each Lotus Notes User
Then, the user must create the new mailboxes at the Office 365 location (with the same name as in IBM Notes) for every individual user who has an account in the HCL Notes.
- Enable IMAP TCP/IP port
After this, the user need to enable the IMAP TCP/IP port for each user account. Follow these steps to perform the same:
- First, open Domino Administratorin the Lotus Notes App.
- Now, go to the Configuration
- After that, open the Server document which executes the IMAP service.
- Thereafter, click on the Ports>Internet Ports>Mail tab.
- In the Mail (IMAP) column, then change the ‘TCP/IP port value status’ to Enabled.
- Finally, click on the Save button to save the changes and then close the application.
- Synchronize with IMAP Connector
Finally, use an IMAP connector to synchronize mailboxes between Lotus Notes and Office 365. There should not be any kind of issue in the connection now.
What are the Limitations of Manual HCL Notes to Office 365 Migration?
Users will have to face a lot of drawbacks if they choose to use Manual Procedure of performing the task:
- This manual procedure is quite lengthy and time taking.
- NSF files more than 1 GB in size are not able to migrate.
- Users have to migrate calendar items manually, as this method does not support its migration
- Users can only migrate 15 mailboxes at a time through this method.
- This method can only used by a technical expert who is aware of the technicalities involved in this process.
It is better to avoid using the above–mentioned manual solution for completing the task. For having hassle-free task user must use a professional solution.
Migrate Lotus Notes Mail to Office 365 – Instant Solution
Simple steps for IBM Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration.
- Launch NSF file converter on your computer.
- Insert HCL Notes NSF files in the software interface.
- Preview Lotus Notes data and select folders.
- Press Convert and select Office 365 as saving.
- Enter Office 365 credentials and click on Convert.
Make Attention – HCL Lotus Notes email client should be installed on your pc because the tool uses Lotus Notes environment for solving lotus notes to office 365 migration issues.
Lotus to Office 365 Migration Step by Step
Download BitRecover NSF Converter Wizard set up the EXE file and install it on your computer. The tool supports all latest as well as previous Windows Operating Systems.
- Launch HCL Notes to Office 365 Migration Tool click on Add Files or Add Folders button from your computer.
- Pick a folder having multiple Lotus Notes NSF files and press the Ok button.
- Thereafter, you can preview complete HCL Notes information in the software panel. It also previews HCL Notes emails, contacts, calendars, and all in the software panel.
- After that, press the Convert button and choose Office 365 as the saving format.
- Enter Microsoft Office 365 account login details in specific fields to continue.
- Click on the Next button to start the Lotus Notes email to Office 365 migration process.
- Lastly, after completion of the task, log in to your Microsoft 365 and view imported data.
Lotus Notes to Microsoft 365 Migration Tool Features
- It is all in one toolkit to migrate emails from HCL / IBM / Lotus Notes to Microsoft 365 accounts automatically. The tool asks only O365 account login details for the completion of the task.
- After reading migrate lotus notes to Office 365 step by step process, anyone can easily solve out Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration issues. It takes very little effort during the finishing of the migration process.
- HCL Notes to Microsoft 365 Migration Tool has separate options to migrate Lotus Notes contacts to O365 and Lotus Notes calendars into Office 365 directly.
- Users can check or uncheck required folders from the software interface if they want to migrate only some important folders. It will surely be helpful to you in case if you want to avoid some folders during migration tasks.
- If your HCL Notes email client is unable to start because of corruption then you can use the tool to open HCL Notes profile data in the software window.
- This application also gives freedom to migrate several HCL Notes files to Microsoft 365. Therefore, users can save valuable time. Even it is compatible with HCL Notes 11.0, 10.0, 9.0, 8.5, 8.0, 7.0, 6.5, 6.0, etc
- It automatically maintains the original folder structure as well as preserves overall email items and components such as Attachments, Subject, Signature, HTML Links, Header, Date, Time, Year, and all.
Free testing for wise decision
If you are facing the same issue as explained then just download its free trial version. It is a perfect software to migrate Lotus Notes Mail to Office 365. Free Lotus Notes to O365 migration tool allows a migrating a maximum of 25 items from every folder to Microsoft 365. Therefore, users can easily understand whether it is beneficial or not for them.
We hope this post helps users in performing the lotus notes migration procedure. In case of any doubt, users can contact our live support team also.