How to Make Lotus Notes Default Email Client in Windows OS?
IBM Notes (formerly known as Lotus Notes) is a collaborative email client best suited for mid-scale and large-scale organizations. It offers various business collaboration features such as emailing, calendaring, micro-blogging, file sharing and many more. Some added advantages, which the users get with it, are its security features that enable the users to secure their database from access unintentional users.
At instances, when a user wants to read mails, create contacts or calendar entries, it is prompted to select the application with which it has to be done. This may get frustrating for the users at times. Thus, as a way to avoid selecting Lotus Notes as the required application every time a mail has to be opened or contact has to be created, it can be selected as the default email client. Since IBM Notes is a full-fledged email client, its users will readily set it as their default program for emails, contacts, calendars, etc.
Procedure to Make Lotus Notes Default Email Client in Windows
With the help of the below-mentioned steps, Lotus Notes can be made as the default email client in Windows OS.
If Lotus Notes Is Already Installed
- Click on Start option and select Control Panel from the menu.
- From the menu, select Add or Remove Programs
- From the left side of the window, select Set Program Access and Defaults
- Under Chose A Configuration section, select Custom Click OK to proceed.
- In the Choose A Default e-mail program section, select IBM Notes option. Click on OK to finish the process.
Once the above steps are performed, Lotus Notes will be set as the default email client.
Note: The above procedure is for setting Lotus Notes as the default email client in Windows 7.
At The Time of Lotus Notes Installation
An alternate solution with which Lotus Notes can be set as the default email client is by selecting below mentioned three options at the time of its installation:
- Make Notes my default email program.
- Make Notes my default calendar program.
- Make Notes my default contacts program.
Once the above options are selected, click on Install to finish.
By following the above mentioned procedure, a user can easily set Lotus Notes as the default email program and can free from the task of selecting the required application whenever the systems prompts for it.