How to Import Google Takeout Files to Office 365 Email Account?
Mark Regan ~ August 11th, 2022 ~ Move Data
Mr. Roy shared his experience batch import Google Takeout to Office 365 account. He had explained a complete way to perform Gmail Takeout to Office 365 migration process.
Mr. Roy is Technical Expert in an organization who always keeps on exploring new things in technology.
His words and experience: I got one thing in my mind. What if I moved all my MBOX files of Google Takeout account to O365 mailbox? I found it somewhat interesting.
Then, I searched on the internet to know if there are users like me who wanted to migrate emails from Google to Microsoft Office 365 mailbox. After going through various forum sites, I got various queries of users who wanted to import Google Takeout data to Office 365 account as mentioned:
- How to transfer Google Takeaway mailbox files to MS Office 365?
- How to convert Google Takeout files to Microsoft 365?
- Can I migrate from Google to Office 365?
- What’s the solution to migrate Gmail to Office 365?
After knowing the need of users, I started exploring for the solution to migrate Google Takeout mailbox to Office 365 mailbox.
Exploring for the solution made me puzzled as there were plenty of solutions on the web but not the actual ones that I was searching for.
Finally! I got one solution BitRecover MBOX Converter, I found the solution somehow the actual one for which I was searching. But I was still having various questions that started coming to my mind. Then, I directly contacted the support to clear all my doubts. While having the conversion with the technical person, he told me that the Google to Office 365 migration software comes up with a free demo version that I can use to understand the software completely.
After using the demo edition, I invested in the tool as it was the exact solution for which I was looking.
How to Migrate Gmail Takeout to Office 365?
To perform the data migration from Google Takeout to the O365 account. The very first thing that I wanted was MBOX files. So let us check out the steps to have the export Google Takeout data:
- Firstly, go to the “Manage Your Google Account” option from Gmail.
- Now click on the “Data & Privacy” option from the list.
- After that, select the “Download Your Data” option.
- Now hit on the “Deselect All” and select the required data.
- Next, apply the filter according to your needs.
- lastly, select the “Create Export” icon.
Now, you have Gmail Google Takeout exported files with you, all you need to do is to import Google Takeout file to Office 365 directly.
Follow the Given Steps to Migrate Google Takeout to Office 365 Account
- Download and run MBOX to Office 365 Software on your machine.
- For multiple mailbox files, and migration choose the Select Folder option. If you want to export the selected mailbox file then, choose the Select Files option.
- Check the desired Google Takeout file that you want to be saved in your Microsoft 365 account and click on the Next button.
- Select Office 365 from the list of file saving options.
- Enter the credentials of your Office 365 mailbox in the software panel to perform migration >> click on the Next button.
- The process to import Google Takeout mailbox to Office 365 is running.
In this way, I easily import Google Takeout mailbox data to Office 365 email account directly. It takes a few moments to execute the data migration process. There are a few things I noticed after the process:
- The integrity of data is kept intact after migration.
- The tool is able to identify and keep the folder structure of the Google Takeout file intact (This is surprising since other tools got all emails in one Inbox after conversion, but this one actually understood the different labels and kept them intact)
- It even supports the Unicode folder names which are quite convenient.
By concluding my topic of discussion, I must say that keep exploring the technology to learn more and new things. Also, using a precise solution to migrate Google Takeout to Office 365 is also important to manage the data in a proper way.