Export Thunderbird Contacts to vCard – Know How?
Are you searching for the solution to export Thunderbird contacts to vCard? If yes then, you are landed at the correct place as we have come up with a solution to convert Thunderbird Address Book to vCard. Read on to know in details about how to export Thunderbird contacts to VCF format.
Contacts always play an important role when it comes to be in contact with others. In this technical arena, with rise in usage of internet, several people need to be in connect with others, whether it is a professional or even a personal level. If we talk about the corporate environments then, professionals usage of email applications for communicating with others in similar corporation or with other clients as well. The contacts saved in email clients are not supported by other application. However, by using common format for contacts can allow users to export contacts stored in email clients.
vCard is a universal file format for saving all the contacts, which is supported by numerous of email clients as well as smartphones. Users can simply export the vCards to their applications and from email clients to another platforms. In the following write-up we have come up with a solution to export Thunderbird address book to vCard format.
Exporting Contacts from Thunderbird to vCard- Why?
When we talk about Mozilla Thunderbird, it is one of the most popular email application that is used in corporates, whether it is small or large. Its friendly interface allows users to work with this email application in an effective manner. At times, Thunderbird users may require to back up all their contacts in a way to secure them from getting lost in any data loss disaster. In addition to this, some users may need to export Thunderbird contacts to smartphones as well.
In such situation, exporting Thunderbird contacts to vCard (.vcf) format is the best solution. Since vCard is supported on several platforms, it inclines to be the most suitable way of backup as well as exporting Thunderbird contacts.
Technique to Convert Thunderbird Contacts in vCard Format
To migrate Thunderbird contacts to vCard VCF format, it is suggested to take Thunderbird backup after that follow the given steps:
- Open Thunderbird email application in your system then, click on Address book button.
- Select desired option to preview contacts from the desired options in tool’s panel.
- Click on desired contact to simply check all the details in panel like Phone Number, Image, Email Address, etc.
- Click on the menu and select an option to Export from drop-down menu. From Export Window, select Save as Type as vCard to simply perform Thunderbird export contacts to VCF.
- It gives several formats to store the exported Thunderbird contacts such as Comma Separated (System Charset) (*.csv), Comma Separated (UTF-8) (*.csv), Tab Delimited (System Charset) (*.tab, *.txt), Tab Delimited (UTF-8) (*.tab, *.txt), vCard (*.vcf) and LDIF (*.ldi, *.ldif) so you can choose any format according to your superior.
- Choose the desired saving location on your system to save vCard VCF files by simply entering desired name.
- Mozilla Thunderbird Address Books are saved in the vCard format, which is further used to export Thunderbird Address Book to VCF.
To use Mozilla Thunderbird contacts in Android device is quiet important in a way to get all the contacts in your smartphone. Therefore in the above-discussion, we have come up with a way to export Thunderbird contacts to vCard format.