Export Mac Mail to Windows and Convert Them into Desired Formats
Mac Mail is the default email client or email service that comes with every Apple Machine using OS X10.0 or the latest editions. It is helpful to send receive mailboxes for corporate, personal use. However, the creators of Mac mail do not make it simple for the users to jump ship if they intend to rather go to Windows OS. Most of your Mac mail data, personal information will be stored in the Mac mail proprietary formats. Hence, if you wish to export Mac mail to Windows and move to a different email client like Outlook or Thunderbird. Then, definitely, this guide is for you.
Manual Ways to Export Mac Mail to Windows
Our technical team has recently completed the research related to multiple techniques of export Mac Mail to Windows machines.
Method 1 – Export Apple Mac Mail Messages to Hard Drive, Pen Drive, and Windows Machine
- Run Mac Mail email application and click on Mailbox << Export Mailbox… option
- Type any name of folder and press Create button
- Now select desired folder and click on Choose to continue after that all mailboxes will be save on selected folder on your Mac Machine
- Copy desired folder and paste into Windows Machine by using external hard drive or pen drive
- This screenshot is showing the backup on Windows Computer
Method 2 – Get Mac Mail backup on your Email ID by using Dropbox service.
- Run Dropbox and select Choose files option as showing
- Now select email messages folder from your machine and press Open button
- After complete the upload process click on Done
- Click on uploaded file and press Share
- Type your email ID and click on Share to continue the process
- Login with your email id and open email message, choose View file option
- Now download the file as showing
- Here is Mac Mail resultant data on Windows Computer
Method 3 – Get Email Backup of Mac Mail Data from the Default Storage Location
- Click on Go << Go to Folder option
- Go to the ~/Library folder
- Choose Library << Mail folder
- Select V3 (May be V1, V2 and V4) after that that choose xyz.mbox as showing in following screenshot
- Now right click on xyz.mbox file and copy it and paste to external hard disk or pen drive
- Save Mac Mail to Windows Machine by using pen drive or external hard disk, now open email database folder
- Open All Mail.mbox folder
- Double click on email folder to open it
- Now open Data folder
- Open Message folder
- This screenshot is showing Mac Mailboxes in single EMLX file format
Important Information about Exported Mac Mail Messages
We have successfully described the 3 best methods to transfer Mac Mail to Windows machines. But, every time exported data format was different so non-technical or home users were always in confusion to think about which is the perfect software to convert exported Mac Mail data. Because it is saved in different formats so most of the applications are failed to migrate data to other formats.
Recommended Solution to Export Mac Mail to Windows for Conversion into Desired Formats
We recommend Mac Mail Converter application because it is lab-tested software that successfully migrate all types of exported Mac Mail data to Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, and many other formats with 100% accuracy. It is the only software all over the world that can’t fail to migrate Mac Mail data and it has been developed after many years of research so there is no chance to fail the conversion process.