How to Create a PST File from MSG Files?
Let’s Know MSG and PST Files
MS Outlook creates MSG files if someone drags and drops Outlook items in a local folder. An MSG file can store only a single Outlook item including email, contact, calendar, task, notes, to-do list, etc.
MS Outlook generates PST (Personal Storage Table) file at the default storage location if users configure Outlook using POP3 settings. Even Outlook has a separate option to export complete configured profile data into PST format.
Multiple Ways to Create A PST from MSG Files
Microsoft Outlook email client doesn’t provide any direct option to create PST file from MSG files. However, there is an indirect way available for generating PST file from MSG files manually. There are two methods available for resolving the “how to create a PST file from MSG files” query i.e., Manual Method and Professional Method. Hence, here we will mention both techniques for better understanding. Let’s start now!
#1 Manual Method to Generate PST File from MSG Files
Phase 1: Import MSG Files into Outlook
- Start Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- Create a new folder in Outlook.
- Navigate to the folder where MSG files are stored.
- Select all MSG files from the folder using CTRL + A.
- Thereafter, drag and drop MSG files under the newly created folder.
Phase 2: Export PST from Outlook
- Restart the MS Outlook email client on your pc.
- Choose File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- After that, select Export to a file, and press Next.
- Now, choose Outlook Data File (.pst), and click on the Next
- Select the recently created new email folder, and hit on Next.
- Browse a destination folder where you want to save exported PST file.
- Click on the Finish button and get the resultant PST file from the destination path.
Note That: After completing the both Import and Export phases, users can easily generate a PST file from MSG files. But the manual method has some obstacles as mentioned below.
Obstacles of Manual Method
- Time-consuming and lengthy process for creating PST file from multiple MSG files.
- Microsoft Outlook must be installed on your computer while using the manual technique.
- Above mentioned steps require some technical knowledge about Outlook, hence non-technical users may suffer.
- Sometimes users may be unable to generate a PST file from MSG file because the latest Outlook editions don’t allow to import old ANSI MSG files.
- You may lose some email components and visual formatting during creating PST file from MSG files.
#2 Professional Way to Generate PST Files from MSG Files
Download MSG to PST Converter Tool on your Windows and Mac Machine which is an expert-recommended solution to create a PST file from MSG files. This is an offline software that can be installed on your own computer. Even it works without internet connectivity because we know the value of your crucial data. Hence, you can avoid all data leak-related scenarios using this 100% safe software.
The tool comes with a free demo edition which is capable to create a PST file from 25 MSG files. Hence, you can use it without investing money. Even the demo version works the same as the professional edition so that users can know its complete steps. After getting complete satisfaction, you can grab its license keys to avoid all the limitations.
How to Create A PST File from MSG Files?
- Run recommended software on your computer and choose one option from Select Files or Select Folders. Thereafter, browse MSG files from your pc and insert them into the software GUI.
- Thereafter, you can view MSG files / folders in the software panel in file explorer view. Choose all or required MSG files and press the Next button to continue.
- The tool has several saving options, pick PST from the list of saving options.
- This application has multiple filter options for creating a PST file from MSG files between specific date range / sender and receiver email addresses / email subjects, etc.
- Thereafter, this utility will automatically choose Desktop as the default destination path. However, you can click on the Browse button for selecting a different destination folder.
- The tool has the option to create separate PST per user from MSG folders. Use this feature accordingly and press the Next button.
- After that, hit on the Convert button to start the process to create PST file from MSG files.
- See the message of completion i.e., PST files created successfully from MSG files.
- Lastly, it will automatically open the destination folder. Hence, you can easily get recently created PST files.
Benefits of Software
- The tool permits to create a PST file from unlimited MSG files without size and quantity-related limitations.
- This application supports both ANSI MSG (2002 or older edition) and Unicode MSG (Outlook 2003-2021) files.
- Microsoft Outlook installation is not compulsory while generating a PST file from MSG files.
- The tool preserves all email items and components such as To, Cc, Bcc, From, Subject, Signature, Headings, Text Formatting, Hyperlinks, Date, Time, Year, Attachments, and all.
- This is well-suitable software to create a PST file from MSG emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journals, and all.
However, we have explained both free and pro techniques to create PST file from MSG files. But this is advisable to use above mentioned software instead of the manual method because of limitations. If someone wants to generate a PST file from MSG files using a manual method then configure MS Outlook on your computer and then complete both phases. This is often seen; home users prefer to use the manual technique for resolving “how to create a PST file from MSG files” queries.