Mail.ru IMAP Settings
BitRecover Support Team | May 29th, 2020 | Email Settings
To know Mail.ru Email Settings firstly, we should know the Incoming and Outgoing server Settings correctly. In this blog, we will discuss about the all settings which require in the configuration of Mail.ru Email.
Mail.ru provides IMAP access to your Mail.ru account, So you can easily set up Mail.ru Email Account in any other Email Clients such as Outlook, Gmail, Thunderbird, Windows Mail or Mobile Devices Like Android, iPhone etc. Also, you can backup or export the emails from Mail.ru email account to other Email/File Format.
So, this blog will cover the following topics:
- 1. IMAP, SMTP and POP3 Settings of Mail.ru Email Account.
- 2. Steps to enable 2F Authentication and generate App Password.
- 3. Steps to backup Mail.ru Emails to another Email / File format.
Important Email Settings for Mail.ru Email
Below are the details about Mail.ru Email Settings. You can copy the same details to set up Mail.ru Email. If you have any further questions so, you can email us to email@example.com. Or, you can come on live chat from: Contact us
|Email Settings||Port Number|
Mail.ru IMAP Incoming mail server:
993, requires SSL/TLS (Copy)
143, non-secure (Copy)
Mail.ru POP3 Incoming mail server:
995, requires SSL (Copy)
110, non-secure (Copy)
Mail.ru SMTP Outgoing mail server:
465, requires SSL (Copy)
25 or 587 , non-secure (Copy)
How To Enable 2 FA and Generate App Password in Mail.ru Email ?
If you want to use Mail.ru Email Account with Third Party Access so, you can create an app password by enabling 2FA and use the same app password to Login into the Software.
- You need to simply Login into the same account from: https://e.mail.ru/cgi-bin/login?lang=en_US#mobilecan
- Go to Password & Security then Click on Two Factor Authentication.
- After that Enable Two Factor Authentication.
- You need to Add app for Third Party Access of your Email Account.
- It will show you the App Password, you can simply copy this app password.
Also, Visit here to know more 2FA and App Password: https://github.com/rclone/rclone/issues/3637
Looking to Backup Mail.ru Email Account to Another Email /File Formats
Get an easiest way to backup Mail.ru emails quickly. Therefore, we have recommended an fastest solution Mail.ru Email Backup Wizard
You can backup emails into 25+ email/file formats such as: PST, PDF, MBOX, Gmail, IMAP, Office 365, Exchange Server etc. Also, it supports multiple language. You can also perform batch migration. The software supports 85+ email source applications. Also, You can perform the selective backup as well using Date filter option..
Kindly Click on the below Download Now Button to Install the software.
Watch this Video Tutorial Complete Mail.ru Email Backup Process
So, In the above demo video you will get the all backup steps. The Software is very user friendly. Therefore, you can easily backup emails.
- You need to simply select the IMAP Server as a Source Email Account.
- After that enter the credential( Email Address and Password), IMAP Host, Port Number.
- Click on the Login Button.
- Select required folder from the left side of the software panel.
- Choose Saving option like Email Application/File Format.’
- Last click on the Backup button and successfully perform the conversion.
NOTE: To know More about the complete backup process you can also try the Free Trial of the best tool Mail.ru Email Backup Wizard, the demo will convert 25 emails per folder after successful trial you can purchased the licensed edition to export complete data from Mail.ru email to any Email application/ file format without any issue.
Conclusion: In this blog, we have explained about Mail.ru Email Settings, Steps to create App Password. Also, an amazing utility to backup Mail.ru Emails.