A2 Hosting IMAP Settings
BitRecover Support Team | June 11th, 2020 | Email Settings
Know A2 Hosting IMAP Settings. As we know, A2 Hosting is an independent provider of web hosting services as well as complementary website products such as domain names, website builders (example), web design and email services.
To set up A2 Hosting, You can use a Desktop Program like Outlook, Thunderbird or Mac Mail. Also, You can use the browser-based programs such as Horde or Round Cube to check from any location using your web browser. Also, you can use a third party like or Gmail or your iPhone, Android, or another mobile devices. For A2Hosting Email Settings, You should know the correct IMAP, SMTP and POP3 server settings.
Therefore, In this blog will cover the following topics:
- IMAP, SMTP and POP3 Settings for A2 Hosting Email.
- Steps to configure 2F Authentication and generate App Password.
- Steps to backup A2 Hosting Emails to another Email / File format.
How to Setup A2 Hosting IMAP Settings?
Below are the details about A2 Hosting Email Settings. You can copy the same details to setup A2 Hosting Email.
|Email Settings||Port Number|
A2 Hosting IMAP Incoming mail server:
993, requires SSL/TLS (Copy)
143, non-secure (Copy)
A2 Hosting POP3 Incoming mail server:
995, requires SSL (Copy)
110, non-secure (Copy)
A2 Hosting SMTP Outgoing mail server:
465 or 587, requires SSL (Copy)
25 or 2525 , non-secure (Copy)
How To Enable 2 FA and Generate App Password in A2 Hosting ?
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is enabled by default for A2 Hosting business class and reseller hosting. 2F Authentication provides extra layer of security to access by third party applications. So, users will generate a secure code to authenticate their cPanel login, in addition to the cPanel user’s password.
Steps to Enable 2F Authentication in A2 Hosting Mail:
- Log in to the Customer Portal. (If you do not know how to log in to the Customer Portal, please see this article)
- On the menu bar, click Account.
- In the My Account sidebar, click Security Settings.
- Under Two-Factor Authentication, click .
- The Two-Factor Authentication setup process starts.
- Click . The Customer Portal generates a one-time password embedded in a QR code image.
Use the authenticator app on your mobile device to scan the QR code image. After your device scans the QR code, it generates a one-time numeric password. Alternatively, you can manually enter the alphanumeric secret key to generate a numeric password.
- Two-factor authentication has now been enabled on your account.
- Create App Password and Use this Password to Login into the software.
- Check the Guide Link to Enable 2FA and Create App Password for cPanel Account: https://www.a2hosting.in/kb/cpanel/cpanel-security-features/two-factor-authentication-for-cpanel
- Enabling 2FA for an A2 Hosting Email Account and Create App Password: https://www.a2hosting.in/kb/a2-hosting-customer-portal/account-management/enabling-two-factor-authentication-for-your-a2-hosting-account
Looking to Backup A2 Hosting Email Account to Another Email /File Formats
Get an easiest way to backup A2 Hosting emails quickly. Therefore, we have recommended an fastest solution A2 Hosting Backup Wizard You can backup emails into 25+ email/file formats such as: PST, PDF, MBOX, Gmail, IMAP, Office 365, Exchange Server etc.
Using it you will get the below Advanced features
- More than 30+ saving option to backup your A2 Hosting Mails.
- You can completely transfer your Optimum d mailbox without any file size limitations.
- It supports multiple language.
- You can also perform batch migration.
- Also, this professional utility will backup all the emails with attachments maintaining all the email properties like date, time, cc, bcc etc.
- You can also backup Selective Email Migration for selective emails using “Advanced date filter option”
- The software supports 85+ email source applications.
- The users can download the software on all Windows versions, i.e. Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, etc.
Kindly Click on the below Download Now Button to Install the software.
Watch this Complete Video Tutorial of A2 Hosting Email Backup Process
So, In the above demo video you will get the all backup steps. The Software is very user friendly. Therefore, you can easily backup emails.. You can download the trial version from our website to check the features. Demo version is limited to convert 25 emails per folder.
Conclusion: In this blog, we have explained about A2 Hosting Email Settings, Steps to enable 2F Authentication & create App Password. Also, an amazing utility to backup A2 Hosting Emails.