How to Unprotect VBA Project in Excel without Password?
Want to know how to unprotect a VBA project in Excel without password? If yes, then you have landed on the correct webpage. In this blog, you will read the freeware trick to unprotect a VBA project whose password you have forgotten.
Recently, the BitRecover support team received some queries regarding VBA unprotect workbook without password. Therefore, we have started to work on those queries and are now going to provide you the solution for “how to unprotect VBA project in Excel without password”.
Unprotect VBA without Password Related Queries
I am working as a forensic investigation officer and during a raid, I have found multiple VBA projects on the suspect’s laptop. But when I am trying to view visual basics of these projects, then projects are asking for password. I don’t know the password of these protected VBA workbooks. Please suggest me a method to unprotect VBA projects.
I have some VBA projects on my computer and I need to add some new macros and modules. But when I am trying to edit them, they are asking for password. I entered the last remembered password but it is showing the error message like an invalid password. Experts, please suggest me a freeware manual technique for resolving VBA unprotect password not working issue.
What Users Ask?
- How to unprotect excel sheet without password VBA?
- Can I unprotect excel sheet without password VBA code?
- How to unprotect excel workbook without password VBA?
#1 Manual Way to Unprotect Workbook VBA Password
You need to follow these instructions to unprotect the VBA project in Excel without password.
- Firstly, open a new Microsoft Excel file.
- Thereafter, choose Developer << Visual Basic option. You can also press Alt + F11.
- Now, click on Insert and choose the Module option from drop-down list.
- After that, enter the following code in the general in module window.
- Press Run from menu and select the Continue option. You can also do this operation by pressing the F5 button.
- Select the password protected excel VBA project from your computer. Press the Open button to complete this step.
- The tool will take some time and will open a pop-up box with your password. Using this password, users can easily unprotect the VBA project in Excel.
- Press the OK button and close the pop-up window.
- After that, the encrypted VBA project macros and modules will open.
- Click the File << Info << Encrypt with Password option.
- Now, delete the password from the pop-up window and hit on the OK button.
- Next time, you can open your VBA projects without entering a password.
Limitations of Manual Method
According to users’ demand, we have mentioned the complete step-by-step process to unprotect VBA project forgot password. But manual method comes with some limitations.
The manual method allows to unprotect excel sheet without password VBA code one by one. Therefore, if you want to unprotect 50 VBA file macros and modules then you will need to repeat the mentioned steps 50 times.
This is not an easy task to unprotect excel sheet without password VBA code using the manual method. As this task requires users to have some technical knowledge, non-technical users will not be able to use this technique in a proper way.
Another drawback of the manual method is that it allows to unprotect VBA projects having a maximum of 7-character password. If your password length exceeds the 7-characters limit, then this technique will not work.
#2 Automatic Method to Unprotect Workbook VBA Password
BitRecover VBA Password Remover Wizard is the recommended alternative solution. If you don’t want any of these limitations imposed by the manual method, then you should go with this software. This VBA unprotect workbook password breaker software provides multiple benefits to users. We will later discuss the benefits, first let’s understand – how to unprotect VBA project in Excel without password?
- Launch the recommended VBA unprotect workbook password breaker on your machine. Select one option from Select Files or Select Folders for inserting protected VBA documents.
- Thereafter, users can see all the inserted VBA projects along with macros and modules in the software panel. The software shows all files in the software panel in File Explorer view. Users can select required files from whole data and hit the Next button.
- The software automatically chooses Desktop as the destination path but you can change it according to your choice by click the Browse icon. Press the Remove button to start unprotecting the VBA project in excel without password.
VBA Unprotect Workbook Password Breaker Benefits
- It is capable to unprotect VBA project forgot password in bulk without any size limitation.
- It is authorized to unprotect workbook VBA password without password character limitation.
- VBA unprotect workbook password breaker support all VBA projects created with Word (.dot, .docm, .dotm), PowerPoint (.pptm, .potm, .ppsm, .ppam, .ppa), Excel (.xls, .xlt, .xlsb, .xlsm, .xltm, .xlam), and all.
- It permits to unprotect VBA project files without password having a multilingual password.
Here, we have discussed dual methods to unprotect VBA project in excel without password. Both are verified techniques; you can go with any solution. But if you don’t want to take any risk with your projects, then you should the automatic method. The manual method is recommended only if you are a technical expert and have a deep knowledge of VBA projects and formulas.