Undelete Files in Windows 7, 8, 10
Sometimes, in an accidental deletion of a crucial file, we so wish that Windows had an undelete button too! But the process to undelete files is not that difficult too. You can in fact easily recover deleted files and undelete folders that are gone away mistakenly. Forgetting the data once gone and trying to live with it is no solution, rather getting up and finding ways to undelete files in Windows 7, 8, 10 is the action of a binary hero!
Previous Version Feature in Windows 7
The MS Windows 7 “Previous version” feature is surely a “lifesaver” as you can quickly recover deleted files/folders using this feature. Microsoft Windows 7 OS has surely fast booting up as well as shutting down time and is also good and speedy in operating performance. Along with this, Win 7 also provides a useful feature of easily and speedily recovering lost or deleted files, which is the previous version feature of restoring files. Actually, these previous version/versions are either the replicas of the Win 7 backup documents that are created by Win 7 backup or they are the documents which win 7 automatically saves as a portion of the restoration point. This Win 7 feature helps Windows users in restoring the previous versions of their lost files/folders/data whose new version might have deleted mistakenly. As per the file type, you can easily save your files or documents to any different locations and can easily recover them too. Additionally, any of the files or documents which have been screened by your computer restore can also be easily retrieved, if your system restore has been enabled at that time in any of the divisions or computer drives and you have created some restore point before the modifications done in the required file (s).
How to quickly recover deleted files using the previous version feature of Win 7, you just need to follow the easy steps given below:
- First of all, you need to open any of the “Explorer” windows
- Then, right click on the required file/folder you wish to recover
- After that, you have to select the “Restore Previous Versions” option (This option only comes for files/folders and not for libraries/system drives)
- The list of all the previous version of documents that are accessible appears.
- You should first select the version
- Then, click “Open”
- Win 7 automatically displays all previous copies of documents there in that folder which are accessible.
- After ensuring correct version, click the option for “restore”
- Immediately, that file is restored to its original location
- Success message displays on your system screen
- Click ‘OK’
- After that, cross-check the file contents by navigating to the location of the folder and check if the files are actually, properly and completely recovered
In Case, Previous Version Option Does Not Work
If the present document, however, is not available in the restore point and you might not have copied it anywhere else for the backup, then you will not be able to recover it from this option and Win 7 will also prompt you that this action cannot be done. In this case, you must surely fetch a professional file recovery tool and give it a go! Undelete files using this method is foolproof as most such tools are checked for quality and being professional tools, ensure positive results too. The catch is to catch a good tool, which you can test by first downloading their free demo versions of a couple of them and then choose the best one from those downloaded ones.