How to Open PST File into Office 365 Webmail Account ?
This blog deals with a query asked by many users. Users were asking solution for how to open PST file in Office 365. Nowadays, users have various to open their PST files to Office 365. It can be done through the help of professional software.
As we all know that, Microsoft Outlook is an email client that already has several inbuilt features. Though, the Outlook desktop application is used by many users. Most of the users also use Microsoft Office 365. When it comes to open PST files in Office 365, users don’t find a viable solution. So, here we are going to elaborate on some most effective methods to open PST files in Microsoft 365.
Get Instant Solution
Follow quick steps to open PST file in Office 365.
- Run PST to Office 365 Wizard and add PST files.
- Select PST folders from software GUI and press Next.
- Choose Office 365 as saving & fill account credentials.
- Click on Convert to start moving data to Microsoft 365.
- Launch Microsoft 365 and open inserted PST files data.
Know more about PST format and Office 365
PST File: PST is a Microsoft Outlook email server file extension. It allows users to access multiple account items configured to Outlook for each user through a private Outlook data file. Whenever a new item appears it will always save that data in the format of a .pst folder.
Office 365: Office 365 is a web-mail Outlook similar to MS Outlook. Any new items will be saved to the database in Office 365 and can only be accessed over the internet via a browser.
Techniques to open PST file in Office 365
Here we’ll discuss about the different methods through which users can be able to complete the opening process of PST files to Microsoft 365 webmail.
- Complete process by using Manual method
- Follow Professional solution
Technique 1: Manual solution
We all know in Microsoft Outlook there is an import & export feature available. So, here we are going to use that feature.
- Firstly, go to the Control Panel and click Mail. On the Mail Setup dialog box, click the Show Profiles tab.
- Then, on the Mail dialog box, click the drag-down arrow under Always use this profile option. Select Outlook, and click OK.
- Now launch Microsoft Outlook on the system. On the taskbar, click the File tab then click on Open & Export and then Import/Export.
- On the Import and Export Wizard, select Export file. Click Next to continue the process.
- Then, on the Export to a File dialog box, select PST. Click Next to continue the process.
- On the Export Outlook Data File dialog box, users can either select the entire PST file or any specific mailbox folder. Click Next to continue the process.
- After that, click the Browse button to define a location where users want to create this new PST file. Name this file and then click OK to save it.
- Now select the option whether users want to avoid duplicate items or not. Finally, click Finish.
Now close Microsoft Outlook. Again, go back to Control Panel and click Mail Microsoft Outlook. On the Mail Setup dialog box, click the Show Profiles tab. On the Mail dialog box, click the drag-down arrow under Always use this profile option. Select Outlook 365 Email, and then click OK.
Insert to Microsoft Office 365
- First, launch Microsoft Outlook on the system. On the taskbar, click the File tab & then Open & Export then, Import/Export.
- Then, on the Import and Export Wizard, select Import from another program or file. Click Next to continue.
- After that, on the Import a File dialog box, select Outlook Data File (.pst). Click Next to continue the process.
- On the Import Outlook Data File dialog box, click on the Browse button to locate the PST file. After that select PST file, and click Open.
- Finally, select the option “Do not insert duplicates”, and click Next to continue the process.
As we can see, it is a lengthy process. Users have to spend a lot of time in this method. There is a fear of data loss as well in this process. This process includes a lot of technicalities. Non-technical users will not be able to use this method easily.
Read Also – How to open EML file in Office 365?
Technique 2: Professional Solution
PST to Office 365 Migration Tool is a professional application. Through this application, users can directly open PST file into Office 365 webmail. With the help of this application, user can open selective folders from PST file into Microsoft 365 webmail user account. Let’s discuss about the working process of the software.
How to open PST file into Office 365 webmail – Steps
Follow some simple steps to start using the application without any issue:
- First, install and run the mentioned software on your system. Select PST files from your computer as a tool that provides dual options to add mailboxes.
- Now, select from multiple Options to Browse PST File: Convert configured Outlook mailbox data, let me select my own Outlook Mailbox data (Select File / Folder).
- After that, choose selective folders from the Outlook PST file for uploading.
- Thereafter, select Office 365 as the saving format to open PST file into Office 365.
- Now, enter Office 365 account login credentials for continuing the migration process.
- Selecting this option will enable you to perform Mailbox Mapping i.e., Upload Different PST to Different Office 365 User Account.
- If you are Office 365 Admin, you can Map every data file with desired Users. It will help to open different PST to different Microsoft Office 365 Users.
- Finally, login to your Office 3665 webmail & view inserted PST files in Microsoft Office 365 Outlook account.
Why do use software – Benefits & features
- Through this application, users can directly open their PST files to Office 365.
- Users can import PST files in Outlook Web Access (OWA) account in batch.
- By using the utility user can upload complete PST file data like Emails, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks to Office 365 online
- The tool is able to migrate selective folders from PST file into Office 365 webmail user account.
- It shows all email folders before conversion to Exchange Online.
- One of the best solution to import Outlook calendar to Office 365 online cloud accounts.
In this blog, we have discussed about open PST file in Office 365. There are many users who are facing issues in completing this process. So, here they will find both manual and professional techniques of doing this. But the professional method is a more effective method for users. Demo version is also available in which users can save up to 25 files. A licensed version is also available in which users will get more features.