How to Import MBOX into Outlook 365 Webmail?
This blog will help users to open MBOX file in Outlook 365 easily. Here, the professional method is described to solve the technical jargon facing by users. After reading this blog post, all users can complete this procedure. The user will be able to understand the incompatibility issue between MBOX and Outlook 365.
User query: “I want to open MBOX file to Outlook 365 but fails to import. Kindly, someone help me with this problem. How can I process further and what can be the solutions for this issue?”
If you are also facing the same kind of issue as the above user, then read this complete blog for knowing more about this issue.
MBOX is a file format that is used by many email clients like Mozilla Thunderbird and many more. But when user cannot use the data in the MBOX format with Outlook.com (or any other Outlook version) – then user either has to convert it to PST or import it directly to Microsoft 365.
Why do we need to open MBOX file in Outlook 365?
Nowadays, mostly users are looking for the features and easiness that make their work-life easier. If we compare Outlook 365 with any MBOX email client, then we’ll find that Outlook.com is easy to use and offers many advance features that fulfill user needs. Users can use Outlook webmail as a standalone application. To get all these benefits many users want to import MBOX file to Outlook 365. Moreover, MS Outlook has a calendar option, which helpful for users to create notes, manage events, tasks, etc.
But Outlook.live.com does not support the MBOX files. To access the MBOX files in Outlook webmail account, users have to import MBOX files to Outlook.live.com webmail account.
Note that – If you want to open your mailbox files in a desktop-based Outlook email client then, read – How to open MBOX file in Outlook?
Methods of import MBOX files to Outlook 365
There are two methods through which users can open MBOX file in Outlook 365.
- Effortlessly import MBOX file to Outlook 365 in professional way.
- Import MBOX file to Outlook.com by following manual method.
Method 1: By using a professional method
MBOX to Office 365 Migrator is the best tool for users to perform this migration task. It can directly import MBOX files to Outlook.live.com account along with attachments. The tool has select files & select folders options to import single / multiple MBOX files. With this tool, users can move mailbox files into the latest Outlook 365 webmail in batch without size limitation. Now, let’s discuss about the working process of the software.
How to import MBOX into Outlook 365 – Effortless process
Follow some simple steps to complete the import process of MBOX files to Outlook 365:
- First, install and launch MBOX to Outlook 365 tool in your system. It provides dual options to add mailboxes.
- Now, users have to select MBOX files and folders.
- After that, mark the check option on the required checkbox for selecting required folders. Then click on the Next.
- Thereafter, select the Office 365 saving option from the given drop list.
- Now, enter the Outlook 365 account login credentials – login ID & Password.
- Finally, click on the Convert button to start the importing process of the MBOX file to Outlook 365.
- A completion message will pop- up on the screen. Click on OK.
- Now, user can view resultant data in Office 365 account.
Major features of MBOX file to Outlook 365 application
- With this application, user can directly import their MBOX files into Outlook 365.
- The software allows its users to upload multiple MBOX files to Outlook 365 account.
- With this application, users can choose only required MBOX folders to perform selective migration of MBOX files to Outlook 365 account.
- It supports all MBOX supported Email clients.
- Application moves mailbox files into the latest Microsoft Outlook 365 Webmail in batch without size limitation.
- Users can select Files & select Folders options to import single / multiple MBOX Files in bulk.
- Here, admin Credentials are required to perform mailbox mapping of multiple Office 365 User account.
Method -2: Manual Method
This process is in two parts. First user has to transfer Gmail to Thunderbird and then MBOX to Outlook.
Follow these step- by – step process to start the migration.
On Gmail account
- First, Log in to your Gmail account.
- After that, click on the Gear icon. Then under the Gmail page open the Gmail settings.
- Now, select options forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select the Enable IMAP option. At last, configure your IMAP account and then click on the Save option.
On Thunderbird Client
- Install and run Thunderbird. Then enter the name, email address, and password to open Thunderbird account. Start the process, click on Continue button to import MBOX to Outlook.
- After that, enable the IMAP checkbox and then locate the manual configuration process.
- Enter all necessary information and click on the Reset tab.
- After this user has to select to Create a new Account option.
- Finally, from Thunderbird user can verify the Gmail account.
- At last, Drag & Drop MBOX file in Gmail INBOX to import MBOX File to Outlook via Gmail.
Part -2: Through Gmail import MBOX to Outlook 365
- Firstly, go to the File menu and then click on the Add Account.
- Then, a dialog box will appear, select an option from here Manually configure server settings or additional server types & click on the Next button.
- Enter the name, email address, and password in the dialog box.
- In Account, type select IMAP option for the IMAP mail account.
- Navigate to select My Outgoing Server (SMTP) in the Outgoing Server which requires Authentication.
- Click on the “Use Same Settings as My Incoming Server option” & under the Incoming Server Port enter port number as 993.
- Choose “This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection” and then set the SSL type of encryption for the IMAP mail account.
- Under the outgoing server Port, type the value 587 and then set the type of encryption to TLS. Click on the OK button to exit the dialog box.
- Select the test Account Setting option for checking the account settings.
- Then you will receive a message like “your account settings are correct”. Click on the Next button to close the dialog box.
- At last, you will receive all the data in Outlook 365 within Gmail configured Profile.
Therefore, using Manual solution is not a good option for users. By using a professional tool users can easily open MBOX file in Outlook 365. It will save a lot of time of users.
Here, we have discussed about how to open MBOX file in Outlook 365. We have explained in detail about both Professional and Manual methods. As said above manual method is time-consuming and there is a fear of data loss in this method. So, it’s better to use software to open MBOX file in Outlook 365. Follow above steps and complete the process without any problem.