How to Import Maildir to MS Exchange Server (Hosted & On-Premise)?
| March 8th, 2019 | Move Data
Are you one of them who is looking for a solution to migrate Maildir to Exchange Server or Maildir to Hosted Exchange Server, if yes then don’t worry because here I am just going explain the step-by-step process for your query! After reading this write-up anyone can easily migrate their Maildir files into Microsoft Exchange Server without facing any types of difficulties.
Similar Blog Post – Import Maildir to Thunderbird
Hi Team BitRecover, I have approximate 10k Dovecot Maildir files which are most important for my business need. I want to migrate Maildir to Exchange Server in the easiest way so please suggest me a BitRecover product for solving my problem.
Elisha, Unites States
Ich bin auf der Suche nach einer vernünftigen Methode, um Maildir ++ – Dateien in Hosted Exchange Server zu importieren, aber bis jetzt kann ich keine vertrauenswürdige Lösung finden. Wenn Sie Software zur Lösung meines Problems haben, teilen Sie sie mir bitte mit.
After receiving the above queries, I have decided to publish this blog post, just follow given steps for solving your queries in a professional way.
Step-by-Step Process to Migrate Maildir to Exchange Server
- Download Maildir Migrator by clicking on the Download button and after that follow these simple steps for completing the task.
- Run Maildir to Exchange Migration Tool and select one option from Select Files or Select Folders.
- After choosing Maildir or Maildir++ files from computer, press Next button.
- Select Maildir folders from software panel and after that click on the Next button.
- Choose Exchange Server or Hosted Exchange Server as saving format according to the requirement.
- Enter MS Exchange Server account login details in the software UI, the tool also gives an option to change the language in Dutch, French, German, Spanish, Swedish, etc. as shown in the screenshot.
- If you are Exchange Server admin then you can choose I am Admin option to import Maildir files into specific Exchange Server (Hosted & On-Premise) account. Now press Next button to continue.
- Importing emails from Maildir files to Exchange Server by showing live conversion status report.
- Maildir files migrated to MS Exchange Server, now it is showing a message of completion.
- At last login to Exchange Server account to access imported Maildir files.
Why Exchange Server?
- An email server is an import part of any medium size organization for completing the email requirements. Exchange Server is a valuable product of Microsoft Corporation which is the most trustworthy brand in the IT sector.
- Microsoft Exchange Server can be operated from any location using any computer by entering the account credentials.
- Exchange Server allows to import and export its data in multiple standard file formats to that users can manually take Exchange Server backup.
- MS Outlook users can also connect their account with Exchange Server for synchronizing the data in a professional way.
Maildir to Exchange Migration Tool Features
- The tool offers double options for loading Maildir or Maildir++ files in the software interface.
- It is capable to convert Maildir to Exchange Server as well as Maildir to Hosted Exchange Server directly.
- This application is compatible with Maildir or Maildir++ files of Dovecot, Gnus, Mozilla Thunderbird, Mutt, Exim, Qmail, and all.
- The tool shows all Maildir folders in the software panel and also count email messages from each folder before importing them.
- I am Admin option is beneficial for transferring Maildir files in specific Exchange Server accounts.
- Maildir to Exchange Migration Tool also allows changing the language of imported emails in Dutch, French, German, Spanish, Swedish, etc.
- This application has a separate option to copy Maildir files to default email folders.
- The tool previews live conversion status report during the process and also completion it creates a log report too.
- It can be installed on all latest as well as previous Windows OS (32 bit or 64 bit).
- This software comes with a free trial version so that users can evaluate it before upgrading to the pro edition.
Frequently Asked Questions
Que 1 – Does the tool permit to importing Maildir to Hosted Exchange Server?
Ans – Yes, it has a separate option to convert Maildir to Hosted Exchange Server by providing account credentials.
Que 2 – Does it maintain email attachments during completing the task?
Ans – Yes, it preserves email attachments as well as other email components during completing the task.
Que 3 – Can I migrate Maildir to Exchange Server in bulk at once?
Ans – Yes, BitRecover Maildir to Exchange Migration Tool supports bulk conversion at once without size limitations.
Que 4 – Can I install this utility on Windows Server 2019 OS edition?
Ans – Yes, it supports all Windows Server OS i.e. Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, 2003, etc.
Maildir to Exchange Server Software comes with a free trial version which is beneficial for software evaluation as freeware edition allows to import 25 Maildir files to MS Exchange Server straightforwardly. After getting complete satisfaction, you can upgrade it to pro edition to migrate Maildir to Exchange without any limitation.