How to Migrate Live Exchange Server to Zimbra – Step-by-Step Process
I was having a lot of users on my Live Exchange Server. I planned to migrate my multiple users of Live Exchange account to Zimbra TGZ. However, I also wanted to create a separate TGZ file for every user as well if I was moving all of them together. The task was challenging but as an admin, I have to do it to manage my users. I was not having any idea how to export Live Exchange Server account to Zimbra.
I explored various solutions but did not get the solution of my problem. Then, I got BitRecover Email Backup Wizard software to perform Live Exchange Server to Zimbra Migration. Firstly, I was confuse to send over the tool or not if lost my crucial data, a lot of thoughts started coming in my mind. Then, I talked to firstname.lastname@example.org to clear all my doubts. The person at the support guided me in the best way. He suggested me to use the free of demo version of tool to complete understand the application’s feature as well as working of tool. I found it interesting and even easy to use software to migrate Live Exchange Server to Zimbra TGZ directly. In the following write-up, I have explained the complete solution to export Exchange emails to TGZ format.
Get Similar Solution – Migrate Live Exchange Server to IBM Verse
Steps to Transfer Live Exchange Server to Zimbra TGZ
Follow the given steps of instructions to perform Live Exchange Server to Zimbra TGZ migration.
- Download and run BitRecover Exchange to Zimbra Converter on your machine to execute the data migration.
- Choose Exchange Server from the list of stated email sources.
- Enter the login details of your Working MS Exchange Server.
- Check an option of “I am Admin” to migrate multiple users of MS Exchange at once. Click on the Login button to proceed further.
- The tool will start analysing all the folders after entering the credentials.
- After analysing the application will list all the folders along with its message count. Check the desired folder to be imported on Zimbra.
- Choose Zimbra option from the list of file savings options.
- Choose the desired location to save the migrated data files if you want to change the location then, you can by clicking on the Change button.
- Check an option “Use Advance Settings for Selective Backup” and make the usage of filter option. After that, click on the Backup button to begin the procedure of migration.
- Once the data migration is completed, you will get the message of data completion on the screen.
Now, you get all the Live Exchange Server mailbox in TGZ format. Tool will create separate TGZ for every mailbox. To use the exported data in Zimbra. We need to import TGZ files in Zimbra Mailbox. Follow the given step to import TGZ files in Zimbra desktop account.
- Open Zimbra desktop application on your system or Login to Zimbra Web Client.
- Now, go to an option of Preferences.
- From the left side panel, you can see an option of Import/Export.
- Browse TGZ files from the stored location on your system.
- Click on option of Add Folders to select the destination folder where you need to store your Zimbra files. You can even create a New folder to store Zimbra TGZ files.
- Now, select an appropriate option to Resolve Duplicate as stated:
- Ignore– Keep both new and existing files.
- Modify– Update old calendar and contacts.
- Replace– Help to re-add all your old data items and keep new also
- Reset– Import all new data items and remove old once.
- Click on Advance Settings >> select the data you need to import on Zimbra mailbox and uncheck which is not needed.
- Now, just click on Import option.
- Zimbra application will begin the process from TGZ file and will show you Import Successfully Completed message after completion.
In this way, I successfully imported all my data items from Live Exchange Server to Zimbra without any data loss. Before concluding, just have a look over the software also in a way to know more about it.
Exchange Server to Zimbra Software – Transfer Data Accurately
Live Exchange Server Migrator Software is one of the precise applications available that offers successfully sound data migration from Live Exchange Server to Zimbra that make it a versatile tool. Amongst the entire software industry full of application programs, the tool is acquirable at a highly reasonable price range which suits one and all groups of users. Operating the tool is absolutely eased as it comprises of technical algorithms without compromising on the convenience served to users. With Live Exchange Server to Zimbra Converter, users can store their converted data files at the desired location. As the utility gives an option to the users to store the converted data files at required location on the local machine.
Easily Understand the Software Working from the Following Video:
Special Features of Live Exchange to Zimbra TGZ Tool:
- Allows to migrate multiple users of Live Exchange Server at once to Zimbra.
- Users can convert unlimited files with the help of the software
- Export Exchange emails to TGZ format, creates separate TGZ files for every user without any issue
- No external application is needed to perform the process to migrate Exchange data to Zimbra.
- Operable on all Windows OS without any issue to perform migration.
- All Exchange Server versions are supported by the tool, i.e. Exchange 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, etc.
Finally! I must say that I was successfully able to migrate data from Live Exchange Server to Zimbra mailbox. I must say without BitRecover software, I will not be able to perform the Live Exchange Server to Zimbra migration.