How to Convert IFC File to DWF Format?
Do you want to convert IFC to DWF file for security reasons? If your answer is yes, then you can continue reading this blog. In this blog post, team BitRecover is describing the complete steps to export IFC to DWF, including complete embedded items.
IFC – IFC (Industry Foundation Classes) files are an object-based file format commonly used via the BIM process to exchange data. It is an international standard file format to import and export building objects.
DWF – It stands for Design Web Format. Designers and engineers can use this file format to share their CAD drawings, data, images, text, and 3D models.
“Hello, a friend of mine works on construction projects and he sent me the IFC file. This file is large in size. And I read on the internet that IFC files open in CAD program and currently I don’t have any CAD program installed. So I want to convert the IFC file to DWF format. Because this file contains graphics and text as a part of designing the data, Please suggest me the easiest solution to convert IFC to a DWF drawing file.”
Why Choose DWF File over IFC?
- It holds large amounts of metadata, fonts, color, and images, including 3D models.
- The DWF drawing file is smaller in size.
- You can easily share the design drawing file.
Expert Solution to Convert IFC to DWF
BitRecover DWG CAD Converter is an offline utility for all Windows OS users. All Windows users can download it free of the cost demo version to understand the process. But it freeware edition of this tool gives you the option to convert only one IFC file into DWF format with a company watermark. This tool has the ultimate option to batch export IFC to DWG drawing file.
Steps to Batch Convert IFC File to DWF Format
- Firstly, just click the download button and install the setup of the tool.
- Secondly, upload the IFC file by using the Select Files and Select Folders options.
- The software will display all the data on the software panel, choose accordingly.
- Next, select the DWF option from the multiple saving options.
- You can save the resultant data in the same source folder or change the destination location by clicking the browse option.
- Wait a while, the software will show you the message to complete the process.
- The selected location will automatically open with the converted files.
IFC to DWF Converter Features
- This program is ideal for both technical and non-technical users because of its very simple and intuitive user interface.
- You don’t need to install any third-party software to run this tool.
- It depends upon users to upload single IFC files or numerous files at once.
- Also, the software maintains and preserves all the data items during the conversion process, like spatial elements, materials, and shapes.
- It supports all IFC files that are created from any version of CAD program.
In this write-up, we will talk about how to convert an IFC file to DWF format step-by-step. There is no manual method that can be used for converting. We recommend you the best and simplest solution to convert IFC to CAD DWF files in bulk. It also maintains all the embedded items within them.