VHD to VMware Converter: Complete Guide
Do you have the requirement of converting Windows VHD file to VMware VMDK? Then, you are landed at the correct page as we have come up with a solution for you. There is a free little tool known as “WinImage” that helps you to perform VHD to VMDK conversion speedily.
Quick Glance on What is WinImage
WinImage is full-fledged powerful and useful disk-imaging suite used majorly for purposes of easy creation, reading, and editing of many image formats and file systems such as Linux, FAT, ISO, NTFS DMF, and VHD. The disk image thus, created by using the tool that has actually exact copy of that physical disk. It can be either a floppy disk, CD-ROM drive, hard disk, USB drive, even VHD disk etc. With the help of this WinImage tool, end-users can simply execute the process of recreating disk image on physical hard disk or any other media. Then, easily view disk-contents that can even extract image-based files, and add new files, directories. Not only this, one can also can change its format, and can even perform defragmentation of image. Much more is provided in this single intuitive interface enabling the imaging process right out-of-the-box. The WinImage utility tool actually has numerous utilitarian uses both, at home and professional set ups.
Useful Features of WinImage
- WinImage easily creates a disk image from any removable drives like USB drive or a CD-ROM drive or a floppy drive etc.
- This utility tool can even extract file/files easily from a disk image.
- It can even create empty disk images easily.
- WinImage has to power to inject files as well as directories into an already existing disk image.
- WinImage tool is even capable of changing a disk image format.
- Defragmentation of disk image is yet another useful feature of this tool.
- There is a powerful mode, called the “Batch assistant” mode while helps the users to automate multiple operations.
Convert VHD to VMware Disk Using WinImage
- Firstly, go to the “Google”
- In the Google search box, type “download WinImage”
- Click on the link that says “Download WinImage”
- Download WinImage
- As you will click on the download button, the Setup window will appear which says “welcome to WinImage installation”
- Complete the installation and then the registration process
- An icon for the tool will be created on your desktop
- Now, once you are done with the installation, open the tool
- From the top menu bar, select the “Disk” button
- A drop down menu will appear as soon as you click the “Disk” option
- From this drop down list, click on “Creating Virtual Hard Disk Image from Physical Drive”
- Now, you need to select, Save as: VMDK for VMware (for the *.vmdk file extension),
- You have to select the target location and after that you have to type the new file name (.vmdk)
- As you do this, the “Convert Virtual Hard Disk Image” dialogue box will appear
- In this, you need to select the option that says, “Create Fixed Size Virtual Hard Disk”
- Again, you have to select, “Save as”: VHD (for the *.vhd file extension),
- You have to select the target location and after that you have to type the new file name (for the file type .VHD)
- Click save
- The “Reading Disk” dialogue box will show you the percentage of progress of the process
- Note: do not click on “cancel” while the process is going on.
- Another dialogue box will appear which will ask you to “select the partition to connect to”
- Select and click “ok”
- Finally, go to the selected location to find the converted to VMDK file
The above-discussion put the limelight on the way to migrate VHD to VMware conversion. If still you face any issue while executing the process then, feel free to contact our 24X7 hours technical support.