Transfer Gandi Email to Gmail with all Emails & Attachments
Summary: This article will explore information about Gandi.net, a domain name registration and web hosting service provider. Additionally, users will explore the current status of Gandi.net paid mailbox and how users can transfer Gandi email to Gmail and other popular platforms. So, let’s start the post…
Gandi.net is a French company founded in 2000. It offers a wide range of services in the arena of IT infrastructure. Over the years, the company expanded its services and introduced its email service named “Gandi Mail.”
It utilizes open-source web platforms i.e. Roundcube for its webmail interface. In June 2023, the company declared the end of free mailbox service. Which comes with major downsides.
- Gandi.net no longer offers the ability to create a free mail account.
- Existing & new customers have to pay to upgrade to the paid mailboxes.
- All the unconverted mailbox data will be permanently deleted after 60 days.
All such reasons led users to transfer Gandi Email to Gmail. There are only a limited number of options available to forward Gandi.net to Gmail account. In the coming section, we will explore multiple ways to complete this process. Here are the topics that we will discuss throughout the post…
Gandi.net Discontinues Free Mail Service: What’s Next?
According to the 2019 report, Gandi.net manages more than 2.5 million domain names and approximately 1 million email addresses on its mail server. This huge number indicates the popularity of their services in Paris and around the world.
Gandi.net introduced its paid mailboxes with several advanced features. Here are guidelines for free email account holders.
- The new mailbox offer launches on July 13, 2023.
- Mailbox storage capacity increases from 3GB to 10 GB.
- Free mailbox service will end on November 30, 2023.
- Existing free mailboxes can be converted to the new offer.
- Unconverted free mailboxes are permanently deleted after 60 days.
Now, let’s check out the solutions for users who do not want to upgrade their mailboxes & want to back up their emails to another platform or Gmail.
How to Manually Export Emails from Gandi Mail?
- Login to Gandi SoGo account.
- Next, go to Inbox & click on the Profile icon.
- Afterwards, click on the Square Icon and select All option.
- Now, click on the Three Vertical Dots & select “Save As”
- Last, browse location & successfully export emails from Gandi.net
Note: You will get a ZIP file when you export your data from Gandi.net. When you unzip the file, you will receive EML file messages. Now refer to this post to Import EML to Gmail.
Experts Suggestions to Migrate Gandi to Gmail
As Gandi.net is going to discontinue its free email service, users have to subscribe to a monthly payment model to access their emails. Expert suggest to backup & storing their data to another free platform i.e. Gmail.
Thus, to complete this process one can make use of BitRecover IMAP Backup Tool. It’s an expert-suggested software that allows you to transfer Gandi Email to Gmail with all attachments & other attributes.
The compatibility of the software is with all editions of Windows & Mac OS. Users can download the demo edition of the toolkit to evaluate its performance. Click on the download button below, and follow the steps mentioned below for good.
Steps to Transfer Gandi Email to Gmail
- Download and Run the software on your Machine.
- Now, enter your email address & password to log in.
- The software will add the Gandi Mailboxes to the preview window.
- Select the required folder & choose Gmail as the Saving option.
- Finally, Apply Filters and click Save to Migrate Gandi to Gmail.
How to Forward Gandi Mail to Gmail? Step-by-Step Process!
Mail forwarding service is still free with Gandi. However, it has some major limitations that it includes. Users cannot access their old emails stored in the mailbox. Mail forwarding settings are displayed in the user portal with no extra options. Here are the steps that you can use to Add Gandi Mail to Gmail account.
Steps to Setup Mail Forwarding in GandiMail
- Login to your Gandi Mail account.
- Now, go to Account Settings & select Email Section.
- Afterwards, select the ‘Forwarding’ option from the list.
- Next, Enter your Gmail address as a destination option.
- At last, click Save Changes to forward Gandi Mail to Gmail.
Also Read: Gandi.net IMAP Settings
In this post, users have got insights into the Gandi.net email service, their paid plan, and the possible ways to export their data. We have listed multiple ways to transfer Gandi email to Gmail account. Our recommendation is to backup your data to Gmail & other platforms for easy accessibility. Download the recommended software on Windows or Mac to export Gandi mailbox to another platform before it gets permanently deleted from the server.