How to Fix Outlook Mailbox Full After Archiving Error?
We all rely on our Outlook mailboxes to stay organized and connected, but what happens when that mailbox becomes overloaded? The familiar frustration of the Outlook Mailbox Full After Archiving issue can quickly turn a smooth-sailing day into a turbulent one.
Outlook shows an error message like Mailbox Full: Your mailbox is full; you may not be able to send or receive items.
When your mailbox exceeds its recommended size, it’s time to take action and regain control. In this article, we will explore a few simple techniques to resolve this error and reduce the size of your PST file, allowing you to restore efficiency to your Outlook experience.
Understanding Outlook Mailbox Size Limits
Before we dive into the solutions to fix Outlook mailbox full after archiving error, let’s take a moment to understand the limitations imposed on Outlook PST files. The size limits vary depending on the version of Outlook you’re using. Here’s a breakdown of the different PST file size limits:
- In Outlook 2002 and earlier the file size limits are up to 2 GB of data can be saved.
- In Outlook 2003 and 2007 the maximum size limit is set at 20 GB.
- In the Outlook visions of 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019 the file size is limited to 50 GB.
How Can You Check Your Outlook Mailbox Size Limit?
To begin the journey toward a decluttered mailbox, it’s essential to know your current Outlook PST file size limit. Here are the steps to check the size limit of your Outlook data files:
- Open the Mail view in Microsoft Outlook.
- Click on your account to select it.
- Right-click on the mailbox folder and choose the Properties option.
- Look for the “Folder Size” option and click on it.
- You can now see the size of your specific Outlook mailbox.
Recommended: Complete Process to Compact OST Files
Tips to Resolve “Outlook Mailbox Full After Archiving” Issue:
When archiving your Outlook data fails to alleviate the full mailbox issue, it’s time to take matters into your own hands. By reducing the size of your PST file, you can restore the performance and speed of your Outlook application. Let’s explore some effective techniques to solve this problem:
Tip 1- Delete Large Outlook Emails and Attachments
If your Outlook archive is not effectively clearing space in your mailbox, consider removing large emails and attachments. Follow these steps to do so:
- Go to Home and find the option of Search Folders after scrolling mailbox folders.
- Click on Search Folders >> New Search Folder… option as shown in the figure below.
- Now you need to look for the option ‘Organizing Mail’ In which select the ‘Large Mail’ option.
- Once you select the ‘Large Mail’ option, you will see a box of ‘Customize Search Folder, in this box you have to click on the ‘Choose’ button.
- Choose a Mail size like show mail greater than the specified KB.
- You need to specify the file size which you choose between 5000 KB to 7000 KB and then simply give a click on the ‘Ok’ button.
- When you click Ok, all the files that are larger than the specified file limit will appear on the display. You can simply delete unnecessary emails to free up the space.
Tip 2- Utilize the Outlook Mailbox Cleanup Tool
Outlook provides a handy built-in feature called the Mailbox Cleanup tool. By utilizing its options, you can efficiently reduce the size of your PST file and resolve the “Outlook Email Still Full After Archive” issue. Here’s how to use it:
- Go to the ‘File’ menu tab in Outlook and go to ‘Info’.
- Select the ‘Tools’ option and navigate to the ‘Mailbox Cleanup’ tab from the drop-down menu.
- Explore the various options available, such as finding large items, emptying the deleted items folder, and managing mailbox size.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed with the cleanup process.
Tip 3- Compact Your Outlook Data File
If archiving alone isn’t creating enough space in your mailbox, consider compressing your Outlook data file. Compacting helps restore valuable space and enhances the overall efficiency of your mailbox. Follow these instructions to compact the Outlook data file:
- First, you have to go to the ‘File’ tab.
- Choose ‘Account Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- Switch to the “Data Files” tab.
- Select Outlook Data File that you want to compact and click on the ‘Settings’ button.
- In the ‘Outlook Data File’ tab, click on ‘Compact Now’ and allow the compression process to complete.
- The Outlook data file is being compacted.
Easiest Way to Resolve “Outlook Mailbox Full After Archiving” Error
If the aforementioned techniques fail to reduce your Outlook mailbox size effectively, it might be time to turn to a more advanced and professional method. One such reliable method is using BitRecover Split PST Tool. This software offers a range of advanced options to help you efficiently reduce the size of your Outlook mailbox. It allows you to split large PST files based on criteria such as size, date, folder, year, email ID, and category. Compatible with various Outlook versions, including the latest ones, this tool is a valuable asset in resolving the “Outlook archive does not reduce mailbox size” error.
Steps To Fix Outlook Email Still Full After Archive Error
- This quick and easiest software will automatically add data from your configured Outlook profile. You can also browse the files manually by clicking on ‘Select Files’ and ‘Select Folder’. (In case you want to split the corrupted file then give a ‘Tick’ on the ‘Recovery Mode’ Option.)
- Now the software will display all the PST files where you can select the required ones.
- Choose a destination path to store output data. You can also select the required split options and modify or filter by choosing Advance Options.
- Use advanced options to reduce the size of Outlook data files accordingly.
- Hit on the ‘Split’ button to start the process. Once it’s done, click on ‘Ok’ and then get it from the selected source path.
- After completing the process, use the optimized PST file with your Outlook client.
A cluttered and overflowing Outlook mailbox can hinder productivity and cause unnecessary frustration. By implementing the techniques discussed in this article, you can reclaim control over your mailbox, reduce the size of your PST file, and restore the efficiency of your Outlook experience. Whether you choose to delete large emails, utilize built-in features, or rely on specialized software, taking proactive steps and utilizing smart methods to manage your mailbox will ensure a smoother and more enjoyable journey through your daily communications. We hope your query ‘Outlook mailbox full after archiving’ is resolved now.