Occurrence of Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e – How, When and Why
MS Outlook is well known email client used to send and receive emails to internet users. MS Outlook has PST file (Personal Storage Table) used to store and maintain personal information of user mailbox like emails, contacts, calendars, journals, and tasks.
Sometimes while using MS Outlook account users face problems like Outlook error 0x800ccc0e. These errors disable user to access PST file data which becomes a hectic task for user. Without accessing PST file data, user is unable to send or receive messages to other users.
Causes behind Error
The reasons may be one of the following:
- An incorrect account setting of outgoing, incoming, username and password account setting can cause his error.
- Improper internet connection can cause this error.
- Over sizing of PST file is also responsible for this error.
- SMTP server error can also lead to this error.
All above listed reasons may lead to inaccessibility of user account in MS Outlook application. It is necessary to fix this issue for accessing email accounts and sending and receiving information to other user.
Methods to Fix Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e
Step 1: Fixing the Error Manually
- Go to Microsoft Outlook, click on the Tools Tab and select Accounts.
- An Internet Accounts box will appear, double click on your Email address.
- Click on Servers tab when, account properties box appears.
- Incoming mail dialogue box with pop3.live.com and outgoing mail box with smtplive.com will appear.
- A dialogue box labeled with account name and password will appear enter correct email address and password.
- Click on “My Server Requires Authentication” to check whether email address and password are correct or not.
- Then, click on “Apply”, close the Window.
- Restart and run Microsoft Outlook to see whether emails are sending and receiving or not.
Step 2: Create a New Account/ New Email Profile
- Go to Start menu and click on Control Panel.
- Click on Switch To Classic View and then click on Mail
- In the Mail Setup dialogue box, click on Show Profiles
- On the General tab, click to select the Prompt for a Profile to Be Used check box.
- Click Add.
- In the Profile Name box, type a name for the new profile and then click on Ok.
- Email Accounts dialogue box will appear, click on Add A New Email Account, click on Next.
- Select the appropriate server type for email account, click on Next.
- Fill the necessary information, click on Next, and Finish as needed.
However, these are an alternative to the issue and not fixes as fixing Outlook error based issues is mostly impossible to be done manually with guaranteed success i.e. via built in applications from Outlook like Inbox repair tool.
Removal of error is quiet important in a way to create a trouble-free working. In a similar way, we have come up with a solution to resolve Outlook error 0x800ccc0e in a way to work effortlessly.