How to Migrate Postbox to Thunderbird Profile?
Is Thunderbird Better Choice?
There is no doubt because most business professionals recommend Mozilla Thunderbird email client. When someone says to choose an email client between Postbox and Thunderbird.
Mozilla Thunderbird developers never compromise with features and security patches. That’s why they timely release a new version with a free upgrade facility. All Thunderbird releases Information.
Thunderbird is the first choice of home-based users because of its open-source and free availability. Another side, Postbox normally charges 29-49 USD per user for a lifetime.
While providing product support / adding feature updates / road maps and according to the point of reviewers Thunderbird is the preferable email client over Postbox.
How to Convert Postbox to Thunderbird?
You should use All-in-One Postbox Converter Tool for solving this query in a professional way. The tool has a separate option for Postbox to Thunderbird migration. The best benefit of using this recommended software is that it does not say to follow any manual import or export process. Let’s look at how!
- Launch Postbox to Thunderbird Converter that is able to upload Postbox profile data automatically from the default storage location. Even if in case, your profile data is available at a different location then you can simply click on the Select Files or Select Folders button.
- After that, you can see Postbox profile folders in the file explorer view. Choose required email folders / all folders accordingly and press the Next button.
- Choose Thunderbird as a saving option from drop-down menu.
- Thereafter, this utility will automatically choose the default Thunderbird storage location. So, there is no need to change the selected destination path.
- Now hit on the Next button to start Postbox to Mozilla Thunderbird migration process. It will take very little time, please wait for completion.
- Here you can see the message of completion i.e., Conversion completed successfully.
- Lastly, start your Mozilla TB email client and view imported emails.
How to Transfer Postbox Contacts to Thunderbird?
Phase 1 – Export Contacts from Postbox
- Firstly, start Postbox email client and choose Tools << Address Book option.
- After that, you can see Postbox contacts. Now choose Tools << Export option.
- Lastly, browse destination path and store Postbox exported contacts in CSV file extension.
Phase 2 – Import Contacts in Thunderbird
- Run Thunderbird Email client and choose the Address Book option.
- Thereafter, select Tools << Import option as shown in the screenshot.
- After that, check Address Books option and press the Next button.
- Choose Text file (LDIF, .tab, .csv, .txt) and click on Next.
- Browse Postbox exported CSV contact file and hit on Open.
- The process of Postbox contacts to Thunderbird migration has been finished.
Postbox to Thunderbird Converter Features
- Postbox to Mozilla Thunderbird Converter works in a fully automatic manner without requiring any manual import or export procedure. It automatically uploads Postbox email client data in the software interface and after that import in Mozilla TB.
- This software also has a separate option to convert Postbox exported contacts and calendars into several standard file extensions. Users can choose any saving option for contacts according to their choice.
- After inserting Postbox profile data in the software interface, users can preview all email folders in file explorer view. Users can choose only required folders instead of all for transferring Postbox to Thunderbird.
- The tool preserves all email items and components while migrate Postbox to Thunderbird i.e., Attachments, Sender & Receiver Details, Header, Email Body, Signature, Inline Images, Subject, and all.
Frequently Asked Question
Q 1 – I have recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 professional edition. Where I am using Mozilla Thunderbird 91.0 version. Now I want to transfer Postbox emails to Thunderbird from my old computer, is it possible using your toolkit?
A – Yes, of course, your task will be instantly completed by following the given steps.
- Copy Postbox profile data from your old pc to new laptop using a pen drive.
- Download and install Postbox to Thunderbird converter on your new laptop.
- Launch the suggested software and insert Postbox data in software GUI.
- Select required folders from software interface and click on Next.
- After that, choose Thunderbird as a saving option from drop-down.
- Click on Next to start old Postbox to Thunderbird conversion process.
- Lastly, run Mozilla TB email client and preview imported data.
Q 2 – What is the default storage location of Postbox profile data?
A – You can go to – C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\PostboxApp\Profiles
Q 3 – I want to switch from Postbox to Mozilla Thunderbird but I don’t want to get Spam, Trash, and other unnecessary folders. Is it possible?
A – Yes, after uploading Postbox profile data, users can check only required folders. Thereafter, they can complete the Postbox to TB migration process.
The use of any email client is depended on the choice and need of users. However, Postbox is also the best and easy-to-use email client. But the choice of users is Mozilla Thunderbird. Hope, after reading this blog post till the end, anyone can easily migrate Postbox to Thunderbird without losing old emails, contacts, and metadata properties. Just download the suggested software which comes with a freeware edition.