How to Make Your Computer 10x Faster – Get Manual Tricks with Actual Screenshots
If you are looking for manual tips and tricks to make your computer 10 times faster, then you have landed at the right page. In this blog post, we are going to describe free as well as the professional technique for increasing computer speed (Laptop & Desktop). After reading this complete write-up anyone can easily boost computer speed Windows 10. For completing the task, you will need to remove temporary files in Windows 10 files, cleanmgr system files, delete system prefetch files, etc. from your machine. A lot of users are searching these types of queries in the search engines for increasing laptop speed or desktop speed.
- How to make your computer 10x faster?
- How to make your computer 10 times faster?
- How to make your Windows 10 computer faster?
- How can I increase my computer speed?
Just for information – BitRecover Data Recovery Wizard is a helpful utility which is capable recover accidentally deleted files and folders from internal and external hard drives. It comes with different recovery mode options so that users recover every bit of data.
Steps to Make Your Windows 10 Computer Faster
Delete cleanmgr files and folders
- Search “Run” in Windows 10 Cortana and choose “Run” desktop app.
- In “Run” shortcut, type “cleanmgr” and press Ok button to continue.
- Choose “Windows (C)” from drives and press Ok button as shown in the screenshot.
- Now select unnecessary files and folders and click on the Ok button.
- A Windows pop up is asking “Are you sure you want to permanently delete these files?” from here hit on Delete Files option.
- Cleaning up drive Windows (C:) with live progress, please wait.
Disk Clean-up (cleanmgr.exe) is a free computer maintenance utility which comes with Microsoft Windows OS. With the help of cleanmgr.exe, users can free up the unnecessary files/folders from the computer’s hard disk. It is helpful for removing compression of old files, temporary internet files, temporary windows files, downloaded program files, recycle bin, removal of unused applications or optional Windows components, setup log files, offline web pages (cached), etc.
Delete prefetch files and folders
- Type “prefetch” in Run and press Ok.
- A pop up is showing a warning message “You don’t currently have permission to access this folder. Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder” click on Continue.
- Select all files as well as folders from the “Prefetch” folder by pressing Ctrl + A.
- Now choose the “Delete” option by right-clicking, users can also press Shift + Delete for permanently removing the files/folders.
- Cleaning up files and folders from Prefetch with the live progressive report.
Prefetch is a component of Microsoft Windows which was introduced in Windows XP and this feature is still available in Windows 10. Prefetch is the most valuable part of Memory Manager which is helpful to increase the Windows boot process so that users can easily get the fastest speed during opening the programs.
Remove temporary files in Windows 10
- Types “%temp%” in Run, after that click on Ok.
- Select all files and folders from “Temp” folder by pressing Ctrl + A button.
- Select “Delete” option from various options or users can also press Shift + Delete to remove temporary files in Windows 10 OS.
A lot of application and program in Windows Computer create temporary files for keeping the temporary information. Temporary files can be also created when updating Windows Operating System, updating log reports, error reporting, installing the programs. Basically, users don’t face any problem with temporary files but these files take a lot of space in the hard drive and these files grow rapidly. Remove temporary files in Windows 10 to make your computer 10 times faster.
Use tree command in Windows 10
- Type “tree” in Run shortcut and click on the Ok button.
- It is fixing the directory, files, folders structure, it will take a few seconds for completion.
After using the above tips and tricks anyone can surely increase computer speed (boost computer speed windows 10). If you are thinking “how to make your computer 10 times faster” then you can go with the above steps. Users can easily increase the speed of the computer by deleting temp files, deleting cleanmgr system files, delete system prefetch files, run tree command in windows 10, etc. as we have discussed already in the above section. At last restart your computer, to get faster speed.