How to Transfer Data Using Dropbox – Complete Information
What is Dropbox? – The Brief Explanation
This is simply a file hosting service and works similar as a desktop client operated by American Company Dropbox, Inc. It is a simple way to store and share images, file documents, spreadsheet and other type of computer files, using a PC, mobile device, and tablet. Dropbox is a free desktop based application and it also provides many additional features which are given below:
Essential Features of Dropbox
- There are a range of multiple services and options to select, starting with free storage up to 2GB and also offering some more functions and storage up to 100GB, for which there are fees.
- In this your files are stored safely and securely or you give access only those people that you wish to by using a username and password.
- Backup with Dropbox- Dropbox is an easiest solution to backing up files in an easy and safe to access. By storing document files in the cloud, CD, data sticks easily lost/damaged storage devices. But in Dropbox you can safely and securely stored you backup files without any hassle.
- Deleted some crucial files? No worries, anything in your machine can be restored. Dropbox effectively stores your all folder for 30days. This flawless features will save you tons of hours re-adding or reworking documents.
- As all that smartphones and tables can do a lot, but what they cannot do is save massive amounts of email data. It is actually not what they are meant for. With the effective Dropbox app, you can easily use your device to work or view only the email files you need.
- Dropbox saves your files throughout all your devices. Know that all your work is readily available to you, no matter where you are and what device you are using at the moment.
What is Dropbox for?
Let suppose, you have occasionally forgotten the drive with your home assignment. You need to access your business presentation from home or a hotel. Suppose you have two mobile to keep all the images, videos, pictures and other material at home. In all these critical cases Dropbox will save your time as well as efforts: just connect to the service and get to your files from any place all over the world. And you can easily share your files with your partners or clients. Link your friends to your video and images.
Functionality of Dropbox: Please stop asking the question-” What is Dropbox”, start using it immediately. And just read all the given points.
- Storing files of any type
This application can store video, audio, documents, photos and what not. You can also send attachment via dropbox.
- Providing revision history
The service stores all versions and reposts made within 30days and recovering a deleted file.
- Syncing stores files across all your devices
Dropbox easily synchronizes any file you edit with all your devices. Surely you will easily find your file
- File Sharing with Dropbox to everyone
Send a link to any of your friend which you want to share file.
Now come to the Account Types
In present era, the Dropbox service provides its users both free as well as paid accounts that differ only in storage. Once you registered, free account users get 2GB, which can be increased up to 10GB. And the referee gets 250 additional MB for each referred user. As for the paid accounts there are options between 50GB & 100GB of storage available for 10USD and 20USD per month respectively.
Sometimes user are very much confusing about one question is that- How to transfer data using Dropbox? To find this question you just follow the below process
Know the complete process – How to send files via Dropbox
- First, Install and Open Dropbox, then click on rename to upload a file.
- Now click on choose files.
- Here, select any file which you want to share
- File is successfully selected, then press Done Button
- Now click on share to continue
- Here you can type the email id and click on share button
- If you don’t want to send your file with the help of email then another option is available, you just press on create a link option.
- Here your link is successfully created and you can share this link according to the requirement
- If you want to view your sharing file, then open Gmail account then click on View file.
- And to download this file click on download button