How to Check Cyclic Redundancy Error – Fix It Professionally
Do you want to get some important information for solving “How to Fix Cyclic Redundancy Error” related queries? Continue read this blog post for solving your all problems. There are situations when user connect their data storage device to the PC as they usually do but instead of files and folders, they see the error message “Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check”. In this blog, we will get to know about “How to solve cyclic redundancy check error” by using manual and automated solutions.
What is Cyclic Redundancy Error – How to Fix It
Cyclic redundancy check verifies data that the computer uses to check the data on disks or hard disks like the hard drive and optical disks.
A cyclic redundancy check error can be caused by various kinds of issues like registry corruption, a cluttered hard disk, an unsuccessful program installation, or misconfigured files. Users are not aware about “How to clear cyclic redundancy error”.
Regardless of the specific cause, the cyclic redundancy check error is a serious problem and it must be addressed to avoid potential data loss or even a total system failure system.
Cyclic Redundancy Errors
There are few options which are available to solve the Cyclic Redundancy Check errors:
- C:\ is not accessible. Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
- Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
- Cyclic Redundancy Check Error on an optical disc.
- Cannot initialize disk: cyclic redundancy check.
The Major Reasons for CRC Errors Are:
- Transmission losses
- File sending errors
- Device accessing the data is damaged
- Bad file problems
Can I Solve Cyclic Redundancy Check Error?
Yes, the Cyclic Redundancy error can be fixed. Errors can be caused by the wrong installation of software or even lack of free space on the disk. In order to fix cyclic redundancy check errors, user can take the help of a specialized tool.
Professional tools are available for fixing this error. So, by using the tool user can fix Cyclic redundancy errors.
How to Fix Cyclic Redundancy Check Data Error – All Methods to Solve It
- Restart the computer: Restarting the computer can fix a variety of problems, including those associated with data errors because it is quick and effective process.
- Reconnect external drives: If the error appears at the time of trying to access an external hard drive or disk drive, unplug it, restart the computer, and then reconnect it again.
- Re-download the file: If the user is facing the CRC error at the time of opening or running a downloaded file, it’s possible the file became corrupted during the download process due to a server or internet connection problem. Downloading the file again often removes any bugs or flaws.
- Request a new copy: If the defected file was sent to you in an email message, ask the sender to send you a new copy. It is possible that the file may not have been attached or uploaded to the email properly.
- Scan the drive: User needs to Perform a drive scan on Windows and can use Disk Utility First Aid on macOS to automatically scan the device in the background to detect and correct errors.
How to Fix Cyclic Redundancy Error Using CHKDSK Utility
To solve CRC error, the user must repair the hard drive by running CHKDSK utility via command prompt. CHKDSK checks the integrity of the user’s the hard drive and fixes logical file system errors, bad sectors & file system metadata. Users have to follow some steps, after that he can run CHKDSK:
- First, you have to connect the storage device to the PC.
- Then press ‘Windows + Q’ and type CMD in the search bar.
- Then you have to Right-click on the ‘Command Prompt’ and select ‘Run as Administrator’.
- A command prompt window appears. Type chkdsk X: /f where X is the hard drive or any other media storage device letter connected to your system. Alternatively, then the user can type chkdsk X: /F /X /R for the rigorous scanning and repairing the error.
- At last, hit the ‘Enter’ button and wait until the ‘CHKDSK’ utility repairs the disk errors.
- After CHKDSK completes the checking of errors, then try to access file explorer by re-connecting storage media to the system. If the user can access the data without any error, copy that data from it to a safe location on the pc.
How to Fix CRC by Running SFC Scan?
SFC stands for System File Checker, it is used to repair Windows system files including Windows DLL files, registry files, or other protected files. Sometimes because of the corrupt file system or registry files, as discussed above, CRC error occurs.
The SFC scan will help in finding the file issue and replaces the corrupt or damaged file with a new one. The entire process can take around 5 – 20 minutes. It depends upon the file size and volume. To solve the issue of how to fix cyclic redundancy error user need to run SFC scan, follow these steps to start using this:
- First, Connect the storage drive
- Then click on the Windows icon to open the search bar
- Then type cmd. Right-click on ‘Command Prompt’ and then select ‘Run as Administrator’ from the mentioned options.
- After that type sfc /scannow in the cmd window and hit the ‘Enter’ button to run the SFC scan.
After the SFC scan is finished, restart your system and try to access the files from storage media.
Fixing Cyclic Redundancy Error by Using Advance Software
After applying manual solutions if still, the user’s problem didn’t solve then they can go for an automated solution. By using a Data recovery software users can solve the issue of fixing cyclic redundancy error.
This tool can help you in recovering data from a severely corrupted, formatted, re-formatted, inaccessible hard drive, and deleted hard drive partitions in some clicks.
- Now PC users can easily recover the deleted files and lost data from all data storage media.
- It will help to recover permanently deleted files & folders.
- Recover data from formatted drive.
- Supports all the common data storage media including internal drives & external drives
- Supports all file formats as well.
Easy and Safe Process to Fix Cyclic Redundancy Error
Download and install the mentioned software on your Windows Platform.
1 – From the very first screen of the software, you will see the five recovery modes. Choose the required mode, i.e. Formatted Data Recovery.
2 – If you select the Formatted Data Recovery option then, it will show you the screen with all the hidden partitions of the data drive.
3 – You have to select the specific partition and the tool will analyze all the data. After that, it will recover your whole data. You can also see the recovery report.
4 – Then, the tool will preview all the data that is recovered.
5 – When you choose the save option then, the tool will give an option to select the destination path to save the recovered data.
6 – Once the process is completed, a pop-up message will appear on the screen. Click on OK.
If you ever face any Cyclic Redundancy Check error, then make sure you stop using the system and try to solve the error as soon as possible. The error can lead to much bigger problems in the future, including the loss of your precious data. So, it’s better to solve the issue as soon as possible.
However, Data recovery software for Windows is available to help you from such situations by recovering deleted, inaccessible, or lost data. By using the tool, you can get rid of all the issues related to CRC.