How to Delete Unwanted files from Windows 10?
If you want to free up your computer and delete accumulated files that are not working for you. In this blog, we explain how to delete unwanted files from a computer?
Many files are created automatically on your PC, and you have no idea when and where they are created on your computer. Unwanted, junk files will affect your laptop’s performance.
So, without wasting your time, let’s start the topic of removing junk files from Windows 10 and keeping your hard drive clean without affecting your computer.
Hi! Because of the pandemic, my office gave me a laptop so that I can continue my work while working from home. Sometimes I also use it for personal purposes. Since we have returned to work from office culture, I need to give the laptop back. However, before doing so, I need to permanently delete some of my personal data. Can anyone suggest a reliable best to delete unwanted files on my PC?
What are Junk files?
Unwanted / Junk files are divided into several categories on your PC. So, take a look at all the categories:
- Recycle Bin – Whatever you delete from the computer it all goes to recycle bin folder. You need to clean up this folder.
- Temporary Files – When your Windows 10 system is performing activities, the system and some programs generate temporary files in the background. It turned out to be junk files, and your computer doesn’t remove them automatically.
- Temporary Internet Files – Windows Upgrade Log Files Offline Webpage Cache These files are also unwanted files. They store images, text, and other multimedia content so that you can visit these websites faster the next time.
- Thumbnails – Windows keep your copy of all your videos, and documents in the Thumbnails cache file. If you delete these thumbnails, they will be automatically recreated as needed.
Smart Solution to Clear Unwanted Files from Windows 10
BitWipe deletes unwanted files solution is best Sanitization solution to free up your Hard Drive. With this solution, you can easily delete junk files permanently. No one can recover your data via any third-party software.
How does the utility work to Remove unwanted files from the computer?
- Firstly, Download and install the software after clicking the download button.
- Secondly, choose the “Files & Folders” option to wipe specific files and folders or check the “Logical Drive” option to erase the whole drive permanently.
- Thirdly, select the drive from the Drives option and hit the Next button.
- After that, select folder that you want to delete and click the Next tab.
- Go to the filter option and delete specific data by the Date Range option, “File Mask” to erase specific files by their extension, and “Overwrite Data Text” to overwrite specific data.
- Next, choose a wiping method according to your needs.
- After completing the all processes, the software showed you the warning message and click yes and permanently wipe unnecessary files from Windows 10.
Effective Features of the tool to Erase unnecessary files
- Multi-Devices Data ErasingThis Software support multiple devices to wipe your data permanently such as HDD, SSD, SATA, PATA, Flash Drive, USB, Laptop, and Desktop & PC.
- Wiping Data TypesIt is capable of erasing data from the Hidden area, Drive partition, File and Folder, Chat and browser history, Drive Free Space.
- Several Wiping MethodsIt allows users to delete unwanted files with multiple wiping methods. As per your requirements like Zero (1 pass), Random (1 pass), Wipe File – Simple (1 pass), Zero and Random (2 pass), Random and Zero (2 pass), Wipe File – Medium (2 pass), US Navy – MFM (3 pass) and other methods.
- Avert Data BreachData breaches are becoming more common as a result of compromised networks and laptop theft. In short, this data erasure tool can help a company or individual protect their data from identity theft.
Manual Way to Delete Unwanted Files from Windows 10.
In Windows 10 and 11, you can easily remove your unwanted, junk files from your PC. But first, you need to understand the difference between delete or erase.
Follow the steps to free up your computer from unnecessary files:
- Type Storage on the bottom search bar.
- Click on the Temporary File option.
- After that, you see your all unwanted folder appear on the screen.
- Select the folders and click the Remove files option appear on the upper left corner.
Why is the Manual Method not Recommended?
The manual method is easy to delete all folders at once. But keep in mind that your data is only deleted from the PC and not from the hard drive. Deleting unwanted files takes up space on your computer and it works well.
But any third-party tool like data recovery software is available in the market. With this software, any hacker or thief can recover your data and harm you by gaining access to your data.
In a Nutshell
As you can see above, we have mentioned two methods to delete unwanted files from the PC. Manual methods seem very easy but are also very risky. No one wants his personal information to be in the hands of another person. Also, we have mentioned professional tools to erase unnecessary files from your computer easily and without any interruption.