How to Convert 3D STL Files to Word Document? – Get Solution
You have a 3D STL file but it is difficult to open without CAD programs. And you are looking for a solution to convert the STL file to Word. Don’t worry, in this article we provide you with the best utility to complete this task.
Many users understand the advantages of DOC files, which is why they convert them to a dependable format. We will give you with all of the important information to assist you with this conversion process in this instructive post.
Before proceeding to the solution, it is necessary to first understand STL files, DOC files, and why users switch from 3D STL to Word DOC.
Read More: How to Convert DXF File to PDF?
Difference Between STL and DOC File
3D STL File
STL is an abbreviation for 3D Systems’ stereolithography CAD program. This file is mostly used for rapid prototyping, 3D printing, and CAD (computer-aided manufacturing). It is an interchangeable file format that represents 3D surface geometry without showing texture, colour, or other common CAD model attributes. It shows a surface as a series of tiny triangles called “facets.” Each “facet” has a direction that is perpendicular to the surface and three points that are the triangle’s “vertices.”
Word DOC File
A DOC is a document created by Microsoft Word. It is a plain text file that contains images, tables, graphs, editing, formatting, etc. The best feature is that it’s available for Microsoft Windows, Apple macOS, Android, and Apple iOS. DOC and DOCX are both the same file format. DOCX is the advanced generation of Word file formats. It open with MS Word 2007 and above.
Why User Convert STL to Word
- MS Word allows you to create simple word-processing documents like letters and reports effortlessly. Despite the fact that STL 3D files cannot be edited, they can be easily edited in DOC.
- The STL file is only supported by the software or 3D printer you are using. But the DOCX file is reliable, easy to open in Word, and it supports many platforms.
- The Word document file is smaller in size as per STL. If the STL file is over in size, then faceted images show in ugly and it takes time to open it.
Problem Solving Method to Convert 3D STL to DOC
The BitRecover team launched a DWG file converter tool for every designer. For those CAD programmers who want to convert data in bulk or in part, the tool is more effective. Also, it has a unique and easy-to-use user interface that makes it appealing to a wide range of customers.
The software has sophisticated algorithms that differentiate it from other products. In the next section, we will mention some more features of the tool.
Steps to STL to DOCX Converter Software
- Download and run the tool on your machine.
- Upload 3D STL single files or folders by clicking the “Select Files” or “Select Folder” option.
- After uploading the data, choose STL file that you want to convert.
- Click on the “Select Saving” option and choose DOC / DOCX option from the drop-down.
- After that, click on the folder icon to select the location.
- Lastly, hit the “Convert” button to start the STL to DOC conversion.
Why User Choose STL to Word Converter?
- The software works smartly to convert STL to Word in bulk at a single go.
- Also, the tool gives you the option to convert a single STL file, if required.
- All STL files created by CAD programs such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max, Autodesk Inventor, Blender, and others are supported by the 3D STL to DOCX converter.
- The advanced feature of this tool is that it is compatible with all drawing file formats such as DWG, DXF, DWFX, PLT, IFC, DGN, IGES, CFF2, etc.
- Whereas the software gives you a free demo version to understand the working process. So, users can try the trial version just like the licensed version, but it has some limitations.
Time to Say Goodbye
In conclusion, we give you the best utility to convert 3D STL files to Word DOC while keeping all the original intent. Sometimes users need to convert STL to DOCX for editing purposes, but they don’t know how to do it. So, you go with a straightforward solution, then use this utility with complete 3D printer STL file details.