How to Batch Convert DWG to DWF Format? Complete Guide
I know you are looking for a method to convert DWG to DWF format, which is why you are here. In this write-up, I will show you one of the best and most direct methods to export DWG to DWF format easily with complete information on both file formats.
DWG and DWF both files are both created in cad (computer-aided design), but there is a huge difference between both files.
Difference Between DWG and DWF File
DWG File: The CAD drawing format is called DWG (Computer Aided Design). It includes both 2D and 3D drawing files. In addition, CAD programs like AutoCAD, IntelliCAD, and Caddie can open and work with this file type.
DWF File: Design Web Format (DWF) files allow users to easily exchange designs, information, pictures, text, and 3D models inside a compressed archive.
Using DWF file has many befits, some of which are mentioned below:
- The file is much smaller and compressed compared to DWG files, allowing users to simply share their design without the need for CAD.
- Data may be shared between designers and others who don’t use CAD software, and anybody can read the files without needing to download any special software.
Manual Methods to Convert DWG to DWF using AutoCAD
- Open the DWG file in the AutoCAD program.
- Now open the “Export” menu and then hit on the “DWF” option and a pop-up will appear.
- Hit on the “Options” to change the name and the location and layer information will store in the file and click on the “Save” button to convert DWG to DWF format.
AutoCAD must be installed on your system. If you face any error in this method, then follow the next mentioned procedure.
The Safest Solution to Batch Converts DWG to DWF Format
BitRecover DWG File Converter is one of the best and highly recommended tools in the market. The software provides multiple advanced features and capabilities like bulk and selected data conversion. The DWG to DWF converter takes only a few minutes to export DWG to the DWF file. Also, the tool has a very simple and easy-to-use interface, so beginners can use the tool easily. The software converts DWG files with complete little information. Some of the amazing and advanced features are mentioned below:
Advanced Features of AutoCAD DWG to DWF Converter
- The software takes only a few minutes for DWG to DWF file conversion.
- Also, it provides dual options to upload single or multiple DWG files using select files and select folder options.
- Users can convert selected DWG files from the software panel.
- Also, the tool allows users to save converted DWF files at the selected location.
- This tool preserved all the elements of the DWG file during the process like Images, Tables, Text details, Layouts, Dynamic blocks, HTML links, Arrays, 2D effects, 3D effects, navigation, Visualizations, and all.
How does the AutoCAD DWG to DWF Converter Work?
- Launch and run the software using the download button.
- Now add the single files or multiple folders DWG file using provided option and click on the “Next” icon.
- And then, all the files and folders will show on the screen, and select the required data.
- Now hit on the “Select saving option” and choose the “DWF” file from the list.
- Next, select the “Browse” icon to select the required location and click on the “Convert” button.
- Also, users can analyze the live DWG to DWF conversion.
- When the process is complete, you will get a confirmation message click on the “OK” icon.
- Lastly, the selected location will open automatically.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this software work with Windows 8?
Yes, the software works with all Windows OS including Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, and all previous versions.
I have 500+ DWFX files, and I want to convert them into dwf files, can I do it with this tool?
Yes, you can convert DWFX files to DWF format in bulk.
Does the software run without an internet connection?
No, there is no need for an internet connection for DWG to DWF conversion.
Time to Say Goodbye
In the previous section, we detailed the comprehensive procedure to convert DWG files to DWF in bulk, including all of the relevant information. In this article, we revealed all there is to know about each of these file formats. There are limits to what can be accomplished using manual approaches; for unrestricted conversion, a professional solution is required since it offers various advanced filters.