Why is Zip File Not Opening ? Know the Reasons and Solutions
Summary:- Are you facing trouble while accessing your Zip file? Certainly, you are not alone here. Since a Zip file is among the easiest and hassle-free methods to compress and share the file or folder. There are various instances when users find inconvenience or deal with zip file not opening issues. Besides this, it consists of several factors behind the inaccessibility of the file. For the same, here, we will elaborate on those factors or reasons and aim to fix those bugs. Before delving into the solution, let’s first understand an interesting user query for the overview.
User Query:- Hey! Recently, I’ve been dealing with a tiresome and frustrating problem of zip files i.e. zip file not opening. I’m constantly getting error messages that hamper my accessibility and workflow as there is an important file in it. So, please suggest to me the reasons and best solution to fix the error. Also, thank you for solving my query.
Zip or .Zip file extensions; one of the highly utilized and most common formats for file compression. It is displayed as a tri-color digital suitcase that holds an important bundle of data under one file. The significance of using this file format makes it easier for users to transmit and store the scattered data in one place.
However, facing the issue of zip file unable to open is yet another inherent factor of the zip file. Moreover, users file difficulty while unzipping the file or folders for view. With this, you might be seeking the reasons and the methods to fix them quickly.
Now, we are going to reveal the cause of this issue. Further, we will explore the use of the best Zip repair tool as it enables users to access the data whether the file is corrupted or exceeds the size limit. So, let’s start with reasons.
Top 5 Reasons for Zip File Not Opening
For users or professionals, it is important to understand the reasons before delving into the solution. Since there are multiple factors, here, we have mentioned the most common causes behind the zip file unable to open. Now, move on to uncover those reasons:-
- Zip File Corruption
- Incomplete Download Issue
- Compression Error
- Virus Issue
- Converting File
Overall these are mere factors that cause unresponsiveness of zip files. Now, we will further explain the above-mentioned reasons in brief. With this, we will understand the root cause and then it will become easier for us to grasp its solutions.
- Zip File Corruption:- The .zip file consists of header information including the name, date, and size of the file. Once the header section gets corrupted, it becomes difficult or even incompatible for the users to open the file. As a result, users frequently get an error message of zip file not opening.
- Incomplete Download Issue:- The major reason behind not responding or accessing the zip file consists of an improper downloading factor. This hindrance happens due to bad or unstable internet connectivity. For the same, it is inevitable for users to cross-check the connection to avoid disruption.
- Compression Error:- In spite of improper downloading, during the compression of the file the circumstances of a power cut and sudden shutdown of the system can act as risk. In addition, it can cause either a file corruption or a zip file unable to open.
- Virus Issue:- There are several situations when zip files get damaged due to virus infections. Besides this, sometimes the setting of the anti-virus is unable to access the file. For users, it is necessary to check the settings of anti-virus software and resume the services.
- Converting File:- Once users want to change the file extension to another one, it leads to the issue of zip file not opening. In other words, it can’t support the file and then make the .zip file format inaccessible.
Hence, these are the factors that create a halt while opening the zip file. Now, you might be searching for the best method to fix the issue quickly. So, we’re walking through the professionally suggested solutions to deal with the unsupported zip file error.
Fix Zip File Unable to Open Error Using the One-Stop Solution
Since there are no manual methods to resolve the inaccessibility problem of zip files. Therefore, use experts recommended the BitRecover Zip Repair Tool; one of the highly preferred and top-notch solutions to fix zip file not opening. From healthy to corrupted zip files, this software has robust and intuitive features to repair zip files.
Further, the uniqueness of this tool includes restoring broken, corrupted, and damaged zip files into different file formats such as DOC, PDF, XLS, JPG, PNG, EXL, MBOX, and more. Also, its advantage includes advanced scanning solutions and maintaining the file hierarchy. Hence, this software reduces the risk factors and offers error-less accessibility of any corrupted zip file i.e. zip file unable to open.
Now, let’s move on to learn the steps of the aforementioned tool:-
Step1:- To start the procedure, run the tool in your system.
Step2:- Here, in the first interface of the software, click on the Select File option to add the zip file > Next.
Step3:- With this, it will show the next pop-up window, select folders from the file, and then, press Next.
Step4. Now, browse the location of your resultant file and click on Repair.
Step5:- With this, the tool starts repairing the zip file, and in no time, it will automatically fix the issue of the zip file not opening. Further, you can check the resultant file on the chosen destination.
In summary, the importance of the .zip file consists of the ability to effortlessly organize, transfer, and compress multiple files. On the other hand, the issue of zip file not opening includes various factors such as virus issues, file corruption, broken files, and more. Most importantly, in the absence of manual methods, use the aforementioned tool. It’s considered the best go-to solution to fix the issue. Also, it provides a privilege to users to use various unique features of software and restore the unresponsive zip file.