How to Set Password in PST File of MS Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 Manually
MS Outlook creates PST (Personal Storage Table) file to save its database like Emails, Contacts, Calendar, Task, etc. so PST file is most important for users. If you want to add PST password manually to secure your PST file from unwanted users then you need to set the password in PST. After adding the password if someone tries to import or open PST file then it will ask the password so most of the technical experts always recommend to protect PST files with a strong password. Just set a password in PST file by following given steps.
- Run MS Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and click on File option.
- Now select Account Settings… options as shown in the screenshot.
- After that choose Date Files option, select PST file which is connected to MS Outlook and click on Settings… to continue.
- From here choose Change Password… option.
- This screenshot is showing 3 options i.e. OLD Password, New Password, and Verify Password.
- Fill New Password and Verify Password after that click on Ok button to set the password in PST file.
Note That – Use the strong password to lock PST file as PST password should be in eight characters including uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers and symbols for example [email protected]. A longer and case sensitive password cannot be easily broken by unwanted users.
If your PST file is protected with a password and you want to change the password then first fill Old Password after that Fill New Password, Verify Password and press Ok button.
Important Information Related to PST Password
If you forgot the password of PST file and looking for a solution to retrieve the password then you can use PST Unlocker Software which is the effortless solution to retrieve and remove the security from Personal Storage Table files.