How to Fix Outlook Keeps Asking for Password Related Issues?
Sometimes Outlook keeps asking for password. It is one of the most frequent issues with users. Even if the user has entered the password, it keeps asking for the password continuously.
MS Outlook is used by many peoples, as it can be use with ease. Even a beginner can also use it with ease. To safeguard MS Outlook email client, it is important to protect it with a password. By setting the “Remember password” feature, the user can forget entering the password all the time.
To fix this error in which Microsoft Outlook keeps asking for the password Windows 10, user can try various solutions given below:
Quick ways to fix the issue of Outlook keeps asking for password
There are various methods through which users can fix this issue. Outlook is one of the most used online webmail services provided by Microsoft. It is quite common that users will find issues like this. To solve the password issue in Microsoft Outlook there are multiple manual methods are there. Through this they will be able to solve the problem.
But still if they are not able to get rid from the issue, they can use the third-party tool as well. PST Unlock Wizard can help users in this scenario.
Methods through which user can solve the issue of Outlook keeps asking for password are:
- Clearing the cached password.
- Enable the option “Remember password”
- Incorrect password stored by the Credential Manager
- Outlook profile is corrupt
- Launch Outlook in safe mode
- Update Outlook
- Bad network connections
- Automated software
Read Also – PST File is Asking for Password
1 – Clearing the cached password
Through this method user will be able to clear the cached password using the Windows credential manager. The steps are as follows:
- First, click on the Windows button and then go to the Control Panel.
- Now, click on the User Accounts and after that choose the manage credentials button.
- Under Manage credentials, locate the credential that has the name Outlook.
- Now, click on the name and then press the Remove button.
2 – Enable the option “Remember password”
If Outlook does not remember the password, then it will ask for the credentials every time. To prevent this, enable the remember password option. To do so, follow the steps below:
- First, Launch Microsoft Outlook.
- After that, click on the Info button and then click on the Account Settings button.
- Again, press the Account Settings option and click on the email tab.
- Next, click on the Change Account and then check on the Remember Password option.
3 – Incorrect Outlook password stored by the Credential Manager
By removing the previously-stored credentials from the Credential Manager, the user can fix the issue:
- In Control Panel, click on the Credential Manager.
- Look for the credential sets that have Outlook in the name and expand the set. Click on Remove from Vault.
- Repeat the steps for credential sets that have Outlook in the name.
4 – Outlook profile is corrupt
Sometimes, Outlook may fail to remember password due to corrupt profiles. To resolve the corruption issue, users have to create a new profile in Outlook.
- Open Control Panel, and set up mail. Outlook box will appear then click on Show profiles button.
- Now select Outlook, add button to add a new Outlook profile and set your Name, email address, and password and click Next button.
- Congratulations! Your new profile is ready. Click Finish and proceed to the final step.
- Now, select the new profile and click on Always use this profile and select the new profile from the drop-down list. Click Apply and OK.
5 – Launch Outlook in safe mode
- First, go to the location where Outlook is saved
- Press on the “ctrl” key and then double-click on the Outlook shortcut
- A dialogue box will open, asking to launch the application in Safe mode
If Outlook is opening without any password prompt, then there must be an add-in that is causing an issue.
6 – Update Outlook
If previous methods don’t work then try to update the application which will remove the flaws and bugs.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook
- Go to the File menu and select Office Account
- Under the Updates options, select Update Now
- This will update the application
7 – Bad network connection
Bad network connection issues can arise anytime, and this may happen when Outlook can’t connect to the server. The bad network connection can lead to the loss of connection to the mail server due to which every time you will try to connect, it will ask for credentials. To solve the connectivity issue, try to switch to a better connectivity environment.
8 – Using Third-party tool
After using manual methods if still issue persists, then try a Third-party tool. Above mentioned software is a professional tool and no technical skills are needed to operate this software. It can be used with ease. It is one such competent utility that can help users to unlock password without wasting their valuable time.
- Quick PST password removal
- Unlock batch PST file password
- Remove lengthy Outlook PST password
- Set new Outlook PST password
- Forget Outlook PST file password
- Remove multi-lingual and encrypted PST password
- Quick PST password removal: The tool effectively removes the forgotten password from PST file and unlock Outlook PST file password. There are several users when they enter Outlook password, Outlook PST protection access is denied and worried as Outlook PST password is not working and, in that situation, users can use the mentioned software.
- Unlock batch PST file password: This advance software allows you to select more than one PST file and remove the password from Outlook.
- Remove lengthy Outlook PST password: It does not consider the character length of the password in order to remove and change the Outlook file password. The tool is capable to bypass Outlook security of any length and retrieve emails locked inside PST password-protected file.
- Set new Outlook PST Password: The application also provides the option to set a new password by eliminating the previous one. Once the old password is removed from the selected file users can save unprotected PST and create a PST password of their choice. In some simple clicks, you will get a PST password accordingly.
- Forget Outlook PST password: If the user forgot his Outlook password, unable to remember, and trying to enter a password but unable to access the Outlook data file, so in that situation, this tool helps a lot. After selecting a password-protected Outlook file, the tool will show the password characters in the current password tab.
- Remove multi-lingual and encrypted PST password: The tool is able to remove multilingual and encrypted passwords. This software easily unlocks PST files, those are secured with high-level encryptions and some PST files protected with different languages so don’t worry about it.
How to solve the issue of Outlook 2019 keeps asking for password
- First, install and download the software and press the select button to choose locked PST files.
- Select password-protected PST files from your computer and press the Open button.
- Then check, remove the password option, and click on the Unlock button.
- PST file unlocked successfully press OK to confirm.
- The tool also provides an option to set a new password, then select the Unlock option.
- Now it will show the PST file unlocked successfully option, click on OK.
There are various ways through which user can solve the issue of Outlook keeps asking for password. Here I have mentioned various manual methods through which user can solve his issue but if still issue exists, they can use the recommended software. It will for sure solve the issue of the user. Users can use the demo version of this software and after satisfaction, users can buy the software as well.