Error NTLDR is Missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to Restart in Windows 10, 8, 7, XP
Nowadays computers have become the crucial part. It not only entertain by watching movies, videos, listening songs, etc. but can even store all the crucial data like documents, photos, software, folders, files, etc. Numerous of users utilize MS Windows OS (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP etc.) due to its simple navigation, flexibility, as well as GUI. However, Windows machine has some security limitations moreover; it can be easily hacked or malfunctioned.
Many times, users face various issue due to virus attack on the machine as it damages the crucial data from hard drive. It also fails or corrupts all the essential files of OS. All these files are essential to boot system accurately. One of the significant file that is mandatory to load as well as run proper functioning of OS is NTLDR. It comes up with an extension .ntldr. When NTLDR file is missing or gets corrupted, users get the following error message:
In the following segment, we will discuss the possible way to remove this Error “NTLDR is missing” but before that, it is important to know what NTLDR file is.
Glance on NTLDR File
All the Microsoft Windows OS like NT, Server 2003, XP, Vita, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 are having NTLDR file. It is useful to load the booting the data of OS as well as the drive where OS is existing. If it all users face an error message then, they need to execute the data recovery command. NTLDR file consists of mainly two files, i.e.
- Main boot loaderfile that is utilized for loading the booting information.
- COM is utilized for detecting all the configurations and peripherals devices that are attached with the machine.
However, there is also an important data file that is present for booting configuration of MS Windows namely boot.ini.
Causes behind the Error
Following are the main reasons that let .ntldr file to turn out to be missed or corrupted:
- inifile is completely misconfigured.
- MBR (Master boot record) or boot sector turn out to be corrupted and file becomes inaccessible for boot loader.
- Inappropriate shutdown of OS because of electricity failure or even can be due to human errors.
- OS becomes deeply damaged or corrupted because of virus attack.
In all the above-mentioned matters, user will not receive any warning that can deliver the causes or methods to retrieve from the state. Whenever this type of situation occurs, System will automatically gets restart and users will receive the error message. Read on to know how to get back the data and remove this error message.
Techniques to Recover NTLDR file
Method 1: Manual Method
Follow the mentioned steps by which NTLDR file can be get back:
- Insert the bootable Windows CD in your system’s CD-ROM.
- Now, message will be there on the black screen as to press any key to boot from CD then, users can simply press any key.
- MS Windows setup will begin and users simply need to press “R” to repair Windows OS among the existing options.
- Press key “1” to log on MS Windows Installation >> press Enter.
- Enter the password of administrator to carry on installation.
- Copy NTLDR as well as NTDETECT.com file from the CD to root directory by simply entering the mentioned command:
- copy e:\i386\ntldr c:\
- copy e:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\
- After coping file, remove CD and reboot the machine.
Note: If above procedure fails to remove the error message then, there is probability of missing boot.ini file, or misconfigured.
Method 2: Instant Solution
There is a software namely BitRecover Data Recovery Software that makes easy for users to recover all their data instantly. The application also supports the recovery of NTLDR file. The software is completely safe as well as secure to utilize without any error or hang-ups issue. For recovering the NTLDR file, users need to connect the hard drive of the system to another computer (on which this software is installed) to execute data recovery process. As when the NTLDR missing error arises then, the system fails to start. The software is operable on all Windows OS. The application has various functionalities that make easy to retrieve the data. The tool retrieves bulk of data at once and imposes no any file size limitation. The utility gives an option to store the recovered data at desired location.
- No external utility is required for execution
- Retrieves bulk of data at once in exact form
- No any file size limitation is imposed by tool
- Compatible with all Windows OS to execute
- Preserves the data integrity in exact form.
Errors many times create the hurdle in the working procedure. Therefore, it is important to remove to maintain the workflow. Out of which one such error “NTLDR is missing press ctrl+alt+del to restart” due to which system fails to get started. In the above-discussion, we have come up with a solution to remove this error in an efficient manner.