Technique to Perform NSF to Word Conversion Effectually
“Hey, I’m David from the USA. I used to use lotus notes last 2 years ago, but now it has become difficult to use due to its renaming. But I have a few NSF files which include 1000+ emails, that I need right now, so I want to convert them to a readable format. That’s why I want to export Lotus Notes (NSF) to Word. Can anyone suggest me direct solution to convert IBM Notes to DOC?”
NSF to Word Conversion can be simply acknowledged as a process of converting HCL Notes data to Word document format. If you are amongst the Lotus Notes users who are looking forward to the direct solution, then this write-up is truly meant for you.
In this blog post, we will shed some light on Lotus Notes and Word Documents (I think some extra knowledge will not do any harm!). In one of the sections, we will discuss the actual need for this conversion and the methods by which we can do the same.
Lotus Notes and MS Word
Lotus Notes is an efficient email client, which has marked its existence for the last 26 years. Irrespective of some of the flaws, which are exhibited by Lotus Notes, it is still employed in a few organizations and enterprises. This is because it can prove to be an efficient email client if used more than just for sending emails. The default storage files of Lotus Notes are NSF (Notes Storage Facility) files.
On the other hand, MS Word is a word processing software that performs tasks like composing, formatting, and editing written content. It helps in preparing notes with diagrams, graphs, tables, and smart art, etc. It saves the data in .doc / .docx file extension.
Requisite for NSF to Word Conversion
The obvious and the most frequent query, which we face, is what are the reasons for NSF to Word Conversion. This is because both of them are completely different platforms, one is an email client and one is a text document. There are many scenarios where we need to perform this conversion.
The conversion is helpful if the user wants to have a hard copy of all the mails that he has received or sent. This cannot be done in Lotus Notes. Therefore, the user can convert Lotus Notes emails to Word format and then get them printed out to keep a hard copy.
In addition, there are times when the user is initiating cross-platform migration and wants to keep a copy of the mails in his system for future reference. The mails are converted to Word format and are then saved in the system.
Proficient method to Lotus notes export to word document
BitRecover NSF converter will help you rapidly convert multiple NSF notes to an Individual Word file with a few clicks. It is a completely error-free solution that gives the convenience of moving data from Lotus Notes to Microsoft word.
How the utility work
- Download and run the software on your machine.
- Select one option from Add Files / Add Folders option.
- Choose NSF file from your system.
- Software show you NSF file internal folder, choose the folder which you want to convert into DOCX format.
- Choose DOC file from the multiple file saving options.
- You can manage your resulting data with the File naming option.
- Free to select the destination location.
- The conversion process has been completed with a completion message.
If you face any issues during the installation and processing of the software, you can visit our Lotus Notes to Word Converter guide page. This will help you understand the working process.
The tool comes with a free trial version which is capable to convert 25 emails from each NSF folder, so users can try it before purchasing the license keys.
Fruitful points of the Lotus Notes to Word Converter
- The software has a separate option to convert NSF contacts and calendars in vCard Format and ICS. If you import only IBN contacts then this software helps you to create the individual file.
- You can manage and arrange your resulting emails and documents professionally by using the File naming option.
- Lotus Notes to word converter preserver all the emails items during the conversion such as attachments, subjects, To, BCC, From, Heading, Hyperlink, etc.
- This tool is compatible with NSF files of IBM Notes 10.0, 9.0, 8.5, 8.0, 7.0, 6.5, 6.0, etc. Even the tool supports HCL Domino Server NSF files too.
Manual way to Convert NSF to Word Document
To be honest there is no direct and effective way in which the NSF to Word conversion can be performed. Manual way divided into two parts, first, you need to export NSF notes to RTF format then result from RTF file to convert Word documents.
However, if Lotus Notes follows or implements RTF (Rich Text Format) for storing mails then the conversion can take place. This can be done by exporting the Lotus Notes emails in RTF format. Perform the following steps to do the same:
- In Lotus Notes, open the mail that you want to convert.
- Select the File tab.
- In this select the Export option.
- In the Save As option save the mails to RTF format.
After this, the resultant RTF files can be opened in MS Word without any issue.
Another way to perform NSF to Word conversion is by the copy and paste option. Just copy the entire content of emails and save it in a Word document. Users find this method quite easy and convenient at first go but soon the realization comes over that this is not a realistic method.
This is because this method cannot be employed if there is a large collection of emails that is to be converted. This method can support the conversion of around a hundred emails at the maximum as it’s very time-consuming and tedious.
Numerous reasons arise in front of users due to which users need to perform NSF to Word conversion. In the above discussion, we have discussed the way to perform the conversion efficiently. If you don’t want to use the manual method to convert HCL to DOC format. Then download third-party software to complete this task automatically.