Repair Corrupt Hyper-V VHD or VHDX files – Know Dual Techniques
Summary: Looking for a solution for how to fix a corrupted Hyper V VHDX file? But facing issues in this. We have a solution which will solve your issue. By using manual and automatic methods users can easily repair corrupt Hyper-V VHD files. As we know that corrupted VHDX files can create trouble and inconvenience for the users to access their valuable information.
Hyper V Virtual hard disk uses .vhdx file format which acts similar to the hard disk to store valuable information. Just like physical hard drives, virtual hard drives are also liable to corruption. As said above, corrupted VHDX files can create trouble for users in accessing their information.
There could be multiple reasons behind the corruption of Hyper V VHDX files and users may have to face difficulties in finding out the exact reason. Due to this, users are unable to open their attachments as well and then their data becomes inaccessible.
Reasons behind Hyper V VHDX file is corrupted
- Due to sudden hard drive failure
- Corrupted file systems are another reason
- Interruption in storage device’s connection
- Errors due to faulty Antivirus installation
Methods to repair corrupt Hyper-V VHD / VHDX files
If the VHDX files are corrupted and the user is not able to access those files then, there are two approaches through which the user can fix this.
- Fix corrupted Hyper-V VHDX files manually
- Repair corrupt Hyper-V VHD files automatically
Method 1: Fix corrupted Hyper V VHDX files manually
Solution: Microsoft provides an inbuilt utility through which user can easily repair corrupted .vhdx file. Let’s discuss steps that will help to solve the VHDX file corrupted issue:
- First, the user needs to mount the VHDX file with the parent partition, and then, use CHKDSK to solve the issue.
- Now, check the integrity of VHDX by using Hyper-V virtual machine.
- After that, users have to Add the .vhdx file to the IDE controller and select the Inspect option.
- Users can merge any VHD and VHDX data files. They need to verify if it can be opened by Windows 7, server 2008.
- Now users can download the free Microsoft VHD tool, which includes a “repair” option which is created to undo the expanding mode on a base VHD when different VHDs are available.
Disadvantages of the manual method
There are various limitations of using Manual Methods. Manual methods are very lengthy and time-consuming and it is not compulsory that by opting for this method user will be able to repair corrupt Hyper-V VHD.
Method 2: Repair corrupt Hyper-V VHD files automatically
Solution: If the manual method didn’t work in this scenario then users can take the help of trusted solution VHD Recovery Software as well. It has a user-friendly interface and it can be used with ease. This tool is a complete solution and can explore corrupted virtual drives saved as .vhdx and .vhd files. Any technical and non-technical users can easily use this tool without facing any issues.
Now we’ll discuss the procedure for solving “how to fix a corrupted Hyper V VHDX file” related questions.
How to repair corrupt hyper v VHD file in simple steps ?
- Install the recommended software on your Windows computer.
- The software provides four modes of recovery for recovering data.
- Select folders and click on Save to continue.
- The saving process will begin.
How to fix a corrupted Hyper v VHDX file ?
1 – The very first step is to install the software and select the VHDX file.
2 – Then software will show four options of recovery mode. Select the required one.
3 – Now select disk and partition according to the requirement.
4 – After selecting disk partition, software analysis the corrupted files and folder data.
5 – This utility will show the files and folders which can be solved and then select data according to your needs.
6 – Now choose the files and folders which you have to fix from virtual files and select destination as well to save output data.
7 – Thus, start the recovery process of corrupted files of the virtual drive.
8 – After completion of the process, a pop-up box will appear showing completion of the process. Click on OK.
Major features of the software
- Read, explore, view & extract files or folders from corrupt & damaged .vhd, .vhdx, .avhd or .avhdx virtual drives. Perform VHDX or VHD data recovery, if the user is getting the error: ‘The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable’ while starting one of his virtual machines or while mounting the VHD or VHDX file via disk management. This message means the Virtual file is corrupted. The hyper v recovery tool is perfectly designed to fix VHDX drive files to a safe location to save user’s VHDX data from corruption.
- Recover deleted files from virtual machines, even after emptying it from recycle bin or trash this tool can recover those files.
- Tool Supports data recovery from corrupt, crashed, or damaged virtual machines. Virus, Malware & other potential harmful apps & files can corrupt the Virtual hard disk and even bare metal servers. With this tool, users can easily restore virtual disk data from a corrupt Hyper-V Server, VirtualBox Manager, and file also.
- Supports Virtual machines .vhd or .vhdx files created in Windows 10, 2016, 2012, 2003, 8.1, 8, 7, 2000, XP.
Frequently asked questions of users and their solutions
Query 1: I am unable to repair my corrupted VHDX data. Can this software will be able to do that?
Solution: Yes, this software is specially designed to repair corrupt Hyper V VHD file. You can use this software for solving “how to fix a corrupted Hyper V vhdx file” related queries.
Query 2: Is it possible to shift recover VHDX corrupted data?
Solution: Yes, you can do this by using this software. The tool will help you in this situation.
In the above-mentioned write up we have talked about different methods for solving the “how to fix a corrupted Hyper V VHDX file” query. Manual methods are time-consuming and not guarantee 100% success. By using the software, you can easily repair corrupt Hyper-V VHD / VHDX files. If you have any doubt you can use the trial version of the tool as well but to save data you have to buy the licensed version of the tool.